Digital Storm to Showcase Steam Machine at CES 2014

Youbetternot

Digital Storm Is going to showcase a Steam Machine at CES 2014. Digital Storm's Steam Machine is going to cost $1,469, while ibuypower's is $499. It will feature a liquid cooled Intel processor, an NVIDIA graphics card (up to a GeForce GTX Titan), and up to a 700 W power supply. Well let's ask the person himself about this digitalnav what are your thoughts.

Digital_Storm_Steam_Machine_teaser.jpg

Digital Storm's first Steam Machine is supposed to start at $1,469 (iBuyPower's offering has a base price tag of $499) and it will feature a liquid cooled Intel processor, an NVIDIA graphics card (up to a GeForce GTX Titan), and up to a 700 W power supply. As an option, Digital Storm will turn the Steam Machine into a dual-boot solution, loaded both with Steam OS and Microsoft Windows. More info coming at CES.

Source: http://www.techpowerup.com/img/13-12-11/Digital_Storm_Steam_Machine_teaser.jpg

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

@digitalnav Insights?

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

@digitalnav Insights?

im surprise he dint even posted it considering how often he is online but yes TELL US MORE!!!!

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Not gonna lie. while I'm not a fan of the reused cases with a diff label, I /am/ a fan of Digital Storm's original chassis. Very nice.

im surprise he dint even posted it considering how often he is online but yes TELL US MORE!!!!

http://linustechtips.com/main/statuses/user/42870-digitalnav/?status_id=12192

Not gonna lie. while I'm not a fan of the reused cases with a diff label, I /am/ a fan of Digital Storm's original chassis. Very nice.

I bet this one is going to be micro or itx

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

I thought the steam boxes were supposed to be console alternatives, but..

Digital Storm's Steam Machine is going to cost $1,469, while ibuypower's is $499.

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Steambox with Windows 8...

Aint GabeN rant that he wont support Windows 8...

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

Steambox with Windows 8...

Aint GabeN rant that he wont support Windows 8...

its dual boot also GabeN is refereeing to app store and the tablet UI, pretty much the windows 8 exclusive features but steam works flawlessly on desktop mode 

its dual boot also GabeN is refereeing to app store and the tablet UI, pretty much the windows 8 exclusive features but steam works flawlessly on desktop mode 

But he netherless ranted about 8. For Linux users having pre installed and pre paid Windows will be a loss.

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

Yes and no.

A low end APU based system with 4GB of ram and an i7 system with 32GB of ram + SLI Titans are both PCs, yes? It's all about flexibility and options.

An open platform alternative  ;)

From Valve themselves, there are going to be low-end machines through high-end... this is essentially the top of the line.

Nothing is going to come close to this chassis, its the most advanced SFF case.

We might make a low-end steambox as well, stay in the loop for that :)

Research and Development at Digital Storm

Personal Website: www.DigitalNav.net

From Valve themselves, there are going to be low-end machines through high-end... this is essentially the top of the line.

Will the highest end Steambox be shown at CES?

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

You guys should totally make a cubed matx case than can support a cooler master glacer 240L AND have nice cable management. ;)

I want to know the dimensions of that box. If they want to advertise it as a console like machine, they have to make it reasonably sized. From the picture it looks pretty big, bigger than an xbone. I really like the clean minimalist design they're going for. Something I would really want to show of to console peasants. 

Will the highest end Steambox be shown at CES?

Correct!

You guys should totally make a cubed matx case than can support a cooler master glacer 240L AND have nice cable management. ;)

It has everything... :)

As @digitalnav has said, there are low-end to high-end Steam boxes.

Steam boxes are not console alternatives, they are PC alternatives. Anywhere from low-end for streaming(and streaming over network), to medium level(light-medium gaming) and high-end.

This is going to be a high-end, small form factor PC.

OT: @digitalnav what's with the Windows logo on the graphic? Are manufacturer's able to have whatever OS they want to be sold with their own Steam box and Steam OS is only suggested?

As @digitalnav has said, there are low-end to high-end Steam boxes.

Steam boxes are not console alternatives, they are PC alternatives. Anywhere from low-end for streaming(and streaming over network), to medium level(light-medium gaming) and high-end.

This is going to be a high-end, small form factor PC.

OT: @digitalnav what's with the Windows logo on the graphic? Are manufacturer's able to have whatever OS they want to be sold with their own Steam box and Steam OS is only suggested?

It is going to be a hybrid machine so you can do both windows and Steam

It is going to be a hybrid machine so you can do both windows and Steam

Ah, so a dual boot. Do you know if we will have a choice of OS? Windows 7, 8? I understand if it's just 8, which is fine, Classic Shell is great :P

Ah, so a dual boot. Do you know if we will have a choice of OS? Windows 7, 8? I understand if it's just 8, which is fine, Classic Shell is great :P

You'll be able to pick when configurating the machine  B)

Correct!

It has everything... :)

Interesting I hope linus goes to ces and cover that