Old Console Games for 7/8-year old nieces

Noyu

I have a Mi Box that runs AndroidTV and it's fairly easy to install an emulator for old consoles such as the PS1.

Thing is, my nieces grew up using touch screens. Their eye-hand coordination for gamepads are bad.

They do this thing were they HAVE TO look at the buttons before they press, but when I blindfold them they know which buttons are which.

I want to mitigate that problem. Also, to see if they have an affinity when it comes to gaming (not that dressup and Robloxx crap)

What games should I let them play? Preferrably single-players for now as I only have 1 gamepad ahaha

Karamo

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 5 3600 | CPU Cooler: Wraith Stealth | GPU: Gigabgyte AORUS GeForce RTX 2070 Super | Motherboard: MSI B450M Mortar Max | RAM: G.Skill FlareX 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16 | SSD: ADATA XPG SX6000 Pro M.2 256GB | HDD: 1TB 2.5" Western Digital Blue (WD10SPZX) | Case: NZXT H510 | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit |

The games I remember most fondly from my youth are all the Mario-games on NES and SNES, Sonic-games on the Sega Mega Drive/Genesis, and Bubble Bobble on the NES. Those are all fun, not-terribly-difficult romps, and I would totally at least try and see if the kids liked those. The Mario-games for the NES can also be had on the SNES with the Super Mario All-Stars-cartridge, which also means they have updated graphics from the NES-versions. Oh, and the Nintendo World Cup was a bunch of fun as a kid, too, on the NES.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

1 minute ago, WereCatf said:

The games I remember most fondly from my youth are all the Mario-games on NES and SNES, Sonic-games on the Sega Mega Drive/Genesis, and Bubble Bobble on the NES. Those are all fun, not-terribly-difficult romps, and I would totally at least try and see if the kids liked those. The Mario-games for the NES can also be had on the SNES with the Super Mario All-Stars-cartridge, which also means they have updated graphics from the NES-versions. Oh, and the Nintendo World Cup was a bunch of fun as a kid, too, on the NES.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Regarding mario games, I think they're not too fond of platformers as they seem to lose patience. Especially when said platformer do not have visual instructions on how to play the game.

I tried letting them play Super Mario Bros 1. And they just gave up. hahaha

I'll try your other suggestions though! Thanks.

Karamo

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 5 3600 | CPU Cooler: Wraith Stealth | GPU: Gigabgyte AORUS GeForce RTX 2070 Super | Motherboard: MSI B450M Mortar Max | RAM: G.Skill FlareX 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16 | SSD: ADATA XPG SX6000 Pro M.2 256GB | HDD: 1TB 2.5" Western Digital Blue (WD10SPZX) | Case: NZXT H510 | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit |

The NES Mega man series will accomplish what you want very well

System specs:

GTX 1050

16GB DDR3

Samsung evo SSD

a few HDD's