Nokia offering Lumia to a Samsung user who got his Galaxy S4 fired!

Gunzkewl

This is the reason why I have a Nokia Lumia myself, for the awesome customer service.

VIDEO GAMES                                  Max Power Build Log

Okay wtf, that guy's youtube video was total crap, his phones battery wasn't in any way 'blown up' in that video and he cried like a bitch in front of a camera for a few minutes and he gets a free phone out of it?

Shit like this is just going to teach people to be manipulative assholes to get free crap

He did that because Samsung said they wouldn't replace his cellphone because they wanted proof. When he released the video as proof, Samsung said ok we will replace it if you delete the video.

its a 0.0001% failure...thats nothing guys why are pipo trying to make it a big deal

nice move nokia...nice move 

AMD FX 8320@ Stock - Asus M5A99X Evo R2.0 - Kingston HyperX 8GB 1600Mhz - Corsair Carbide 200R - Powercolor Radeon HD 7950 PCS+OC@970Mhz core 1400Mhz memory - Corsair CS650W - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 
LG 22EA53VQ 21.5" - CM Storm Xornet - CM Storm Quickfire TK - Creative Inspire T3130 2.1

I don't think this is staged, but it shows they care, for Nokia giving out a free phone is nothing, compared to the publicity it will give them on the net. turning out to more sales.

:/

Have a close look at his phone in the video and you can see the battery is perfectly intact. Not 'blown up' as he claims.

It was nothing more than a hate video and a cry for attention

His phones battery did not explode, correct.

But he never said it did, He just said it burst into flames while it was charging. He was stating it as a worst case scenario, if he did not catch it in time, the battery would have exploded from the heat because of the type of battery that it is (Lithium Polymer) 

He then went on to "cry" about it in another video because when he showed Samsung the proof, they said they would honor the replacement swap (which in IMO, they should have done any way if it was under warranty which it should be as its not older than 1 year old) but only if he took the video down and signed an NDA that would stop him from making any more claims if this happened again or with another product, and basically told him to keep quiet.

They reason he is crying is because

1: His phone caught fire, and Samsung came back to say they would replace it with an equivalent phone, (refurbished/used, ect)

2: Samsung wants him to keep quiet for a reason, (IMO and his by the sound of it), as they know this could be a problem with faulty manufacturing (however unlikely, but it could happen). So this could happen to anyone else and worst of all, could explode/catch fire and possibly result in a death. 

*EDIT*  I also meant to add was well, Well done Nokia, The only reason I swapped from my Lumia 710 is because I wanted a better camera and the lack of apps for Windows phone. Fix those problems (admitingly, the first one could be "get a better phone" ) but if windows Phone got the same attention as Android and iOS did, Ill happily go back to that platform .

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)

*slowly claps*

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

it all sounds just like it was staged...

I don't think Richard had anything to do with Nokia.

He just posted a youtube video complaining about Samsung. It got big, so Nokia is capitalizing on it.

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

Have a close look at his phone in the video and you can see the battery is perfectly intact. Not 'blown up' as he claims.

It was nothing more than a hate video and a cry for attention

He didn't claim that the battery had exploded he claimed that it could have exploded if the melting phone got any hotter. The proof of the melted charging port is right there, I work for tech support for EE in the UK and have numerous reports of faulty samsung phones (most reported phone at work actually, 2nd being the iPhone) and most of the reports are either the charging port to stop working or the battery expanding/exploding.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

Okay wtf, that guy's youtube video was total crap, his phones battery wasn't in any way 'blown up' in that video and he cried like a bitch in front of a camera for a few minutes and he gets a free phone out of it?

Shit like this is just going to teach people to be manipulative assholes to get free crap

Yeah, it wasn't really that bad tbh..

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

It's a Lithium Ion battery actually, which doesn't have the expanding/exploding problems of Li-Po batteries unless your incredibly stupid and mistreat your phone horribly.

Again, Lithium Ion, so somebody would have to mistreat their phone horribly for the battery to be an issue.

For him to cause that damage shown in the video without shorting something out and then causing more issues is hard to believe.

I am telling you now for a fact that the batteries that Samsung put in their phones expand, the amount of customers I have ringing up asking for replacement batteries for this exact reason is just silly. Its a known fault on all Samsung phones, especially the Galaxy S4. http://www.phonearena.com/news/Samsung-acknowledges-Galaxy-S4-swelling-battery-issue-offers-free-replacements_id48352

It results in loss of battery life, also the battery cover will refuse to fit on the back of the phone. 

System Specs:

That is an issue I was unaware of. But also seems different to the issue the guy posted about in the videos?

Also, if this had anything to do with an issue that samsung already publicly addressed then why would they then try cover this one guys issue up with an NDA?

Who knows, Samsung works in mysterious ways. Also the fact that Samsung knows about the issue and isn't doing anything to solve the issue. I have tons of people complaining about the issue and when Samsung turn them down they have a go at me and plenty other tech support guys at EE because all we can do is either send out a replacement in the post or tell them to buy a new one because Samsungs warranty for the batteries and other things like chargers happens to only be 6 months.... funny that!

System Specs:

He is not the first time i ever seen a person of that kind,.kids is the worst manipulative kind

You just posted a link to a article about samsung replacing any faulty battery and owning up to that issue?

I'm still calling BS on this guys video tought, and samsung probably see through his crap too, so I'ld say that's why they aren't doing shit for him. I also highly doubt a company would send out NDA's to people with complaints, otherwise every other video on the net like this would be getting the same letter and there are a lot of videos like this with people trying to bawl their eyes out cause their shit dun work.

Yeah every customer that I have told to go to samsung have shortly came back to us saying they won't replace it because its out of warranty, maybe I should tell customers to post videos on YouTube...

System Specs:

Actually Lithium-ion battery can combust/explode or melt the housing. They do have fail-safe implementations in it, yes, but doesn't mean it is 100%, there are many cases where they have failed.

Command Center:

Case: Corsair 900D; PSU: Corsair AX1200i; Mobo: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition; CPU: i7-3970x; CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i; GPU: 2x ASUS DCII GTX780Ti OC; RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (8x8) 2133MHz CL9; Speaker: Logitech Z2300; HDD 1: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB; HDD 2: 2x Samsung 540 EVO 500GB (Raid 0); HDD 3: 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB (Raid 0); Monitor 1: LG 42" LED TV; Monitor 2: BenQ XL2420TE; Headphones 1: Denon AH-D7000Headphones 2Audio-Technica AD1000PRMHeadphones 3Sennheiser Momentum Over-EarHeadsetSteelseries Siberia Elite; Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RBG; Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300; Other: Macbook Pro 15 Retina (Mid-2014), PlayStation 4, Nexus 7 32GB (2014), iPhone 6 64GB, Samsung Galaxy S6 64GB

NOKIA! WHY U NO GIVE HIM A 3310??? THAT WILL SURVIVE ANYTHING! NO FIRES NO BS LIKE THAT

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

It's a Lithium Ion battery actually, which doesn't have the expanding/exploding problems of Li-Po batteries unless your incredibly stupid and mistreat your phone horribly.

Again, Lithium Ion, so somebody would have to mistreat their phone horribly for the battery to be an issue.

For him to cause that damage shown in the video without shorting something out and then causing more issues is hard to believe.

Okay, so it was a lithium ion battery, that was my mistake calling it a Li-Po battery, Sorry.

But the point still stands. Even though Lithium ion batteries are much more safe and have features to reduce the risks of failures, accidents can still happen. There is always a sight chance that something might fail, (random number time) the battery could be 99.9999% safe but there is still the 0.0001% that a fault could occur. 

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)

As someone who works in a mobile phone retailer I can tell you the most common issue by a longshot is with samsung batteries specifically ones shipped with the S4.

We have our own battery replacement scheme outside samsung.

System: i5-2500k, Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3, Mushkin Enhanced Blackline, R9 290X, CoolerMaster Elite 430, OCZ Vector, Corsair RM650, Dell U2412M, Corsair H60, Sidewinder X6, M6880, Asus Xonar DG      
Steam username: Armorhype          Origin username: Armorhype          Xbox Live Gamertag: Armorhype                   

Armorhype, on 12 Dec 2013 - 07:28 AM, said:

As someone who works in a mobile phone retailer I can tell you the most common issue by a longshot is with samsung batteries specifically ones shipped with the S4.

We have our own battery replacement scheme outside samsung.

I wonder is it because of the quality of the battery itself or because or bad charging circuitry design (on the phone or charger) by Samsung? I used to own a cheap old Nokia for almost 5 years and the original battery never skipped a beat

Most cellphone retailers/warehouse swap out original batteries to something else. This is kinda well known problem. Also the chargers for cellphones at retail stores are usually 3rd parties.