hi im bad at decisions

jacdhalina

So I don't know if this is the right place for this whoops and i might delete this later ? but im trying to make a decision rather quickly on this and im having trouble

im trying to decide if i want a nintendo switch with a game or 2, plus accessories like controllers and battery bank etc or a higher refresh rate monitor and some steam cards.
the problem is im honestly pretty satisfied with everything i have right now, and there isnt really a huge thing that i want really bad
battlefront 2 was looking to be something i was highly interested in like that, but we all know where that went.

none of the nintendo switch exclusives really appeal to me in the same ways as some big ips in the past for me like GTA, LittleBigPlanet, etc. so im trying to prepare for the future, and trying to figure out if its better to get a switch for the portability and future switch exclusives, or a bit better pc experience and lots of money to spend on games ill want in the future,,,

Nintendo Switch + Xenoblade Chronicles 2 + Zelda:Breath of the Wild and Skyrim if you're like me and don't like playing 100+ hours while in a chair. This is my first experience of Skyrim. I like that there's so many 100+ hour RPG games on Switch right now. Which I can actually play because I like being on to go with my long RPG games.

Regrat Later Nothing

11 minutes ago, jacdhalina said:

So I don't know if this is the right place for this whoops and i might delete this later ? but im trying to make a decision rather quickly on this and im having trouble

im trying to decide if i want a nintendo switch with a game or 2, plus accessories like controllers and battery bank etc or a higher refresh rate monitor and some steam cards.
the problem is im honestly pretty satisfied with everything i have right now, and there isnt really a huge thing that i want really bad
battlefront 2 was looking to be something i was highly interested in like that, but we all know where that went.

none of the nintendo switch exclusives really appeal to me in the same ways as some big ips in the past for me like GTA, LittleBigPlanet, etc. so im trying to prepare for the future, and trying to figure out if its better to get a switch for the portability and future switch exclusives, or a bit better pc experience and lots of money to spend on games ill want in the future,,,

I'd go with the monitor and steam cards, they'll last you longer than the switch.

- Moved to Console Gaming -

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

If you are satisfied with everything you have why force yourself to spend the money? Sock it away and spend it when you find something that you really want. Although with christmas coming this thread might be a 'what should I ask for for chirstmas kind of deal and in that case you could just ask for money (although not having a physical present under the tree isnt that fun). Maybe just have whoever is getting you present surprise you, they might think of something useful you had not thought of and it's exciting not knowing what you are unwrapping. I would highly recommend against the switch though.

5 minutes ago, .Ocean said:

If you are satisfied with everything you have why not buy a Nintendo Switch?

I fixed it.

I've poured nearly 300 hours into Zelda, 50 into Mario: Odyssey, and another 100 into I Am Setsuna. Switch gets my vote. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

1 minute ago, phongle123 said:

I fixed it.

Funny one liner but honestly it doesn't make sense to me to spend money on something you don't need AND don't even want. Not only are you throwing you hard earned money away but you are throwing time away that you could use playing games with friends that you know will have fun with, or doing something else.

19 minutes ago, .Ocean said:

Funny one liner but honestly it doesn't make sense to me to spend money on something you don't need AND don't even want. Not only are you throwing you hard earned money away but you are throwing time away that you could use playing games with friends that you know will have fun with, or doing something else.

The problem with your comment is you're not answering the question with the A/B choices given.

Everything after "the problem" isn't a C choice. I'm just following the rules. B|

Going with the monitor and Steam cards seems like the clear choice if none of the Switch games interest you. Switch does have some really interesting games in the pipeline though, like Bayonetta 2, Bayonetta 3, Shin Megami Tensei V, Project Octopath Traveler, and Metroid Prime 4. A year from now might be the better time to buy a Switch, because Bayonetta 2 is the only one on this list likely to release before late 2018 (it comes out February 16th).

I wouldn't recommend the switch because unless you're going to only play single player games then in 2018 you will have to pay for online

Plus if you're happy with what you've got then just get the gift cards.