Statements that trigger tech fans.

Armakar
On 04/12/2017 at 5:28 PM, Ryan_Vickers said:

The thing is, that's actually a thing.  SSHD, form Seagate (iirc).  It's got like an 8 GB SSD build in as a cache, but is otherwise a normal HDD.  Not the best name imo but it is a real one.

No, that's a Solid State Hybrid Drive. Not Hard Drive. The sales guy is still wrong.

|| CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (@3.9GHz) || Motherboard: ASUS Prime B350 Plus || Cooler: Arctic Freezer 33 eSports Edition || GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC || Memory: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB C16 (@2933MHz) || SSD: SanDisk 128GB || HDD: WD Blue 2TB, Toshiba 2TB, Transcend 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM550x || Case: Fractal Design Focus G || Monitor: 2x AOC 23” I2369VM IPS Full HD, Samsung 32" LED TV Monitor || Mouse: Logitech G703 Wireless || Keyboard: Cooler Master MK750 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) || Speakers: Dell Stereo Speakers || Headphones: Sennheiser HD 4.40 BT / Samsung Galaxy Buds ||

"You should get this (insert product) if you want to game. It's a gaming (insert product)."

I get almost every time I ask to look at something. I once even went to look at a specific monitor and the sales person actually asked me what I wanted to do with it and when I said gaming, took me to something twice the price rather than what I asked for.

|| CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (@3.9GHz) || Motherboard: ASUS Prime B350 Plus || Cooler: Arctic Freezer 33 eSports Edition || GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC || Memory: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB C16 (@2933MHz) || SSD: SanDisk 128GB || HDD: WD Blue 2TB, Toshiba 2TB, Transcend 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM550x || Case: Fractal Design Focus G || Monitor: 2x AOC 23” I2369VM IPS Full HD, Samsung 32" LED TV Monitor || Mouse: Logitech G703 Wireless || Keyboard: Cooler Master MK750 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) || Speakers: Dell Stereo Speakers || Headphones: Sennheiser HD 4.40 BT / Samsung Galaxy Buds ||

Them: "Are HPs/Lenovos/Dells good laptops?"

Me: "What are the specs? How much does it cost?"

Them: "I dunno?"

Me: "Then I can't tell you."

Them: "Just are they good?"

Me: "It depends on the price specs."

This is honestly the curse of being the techy friend and family member. You get people asking vague questions and not giving you the information you need to actually give them a decent recommendation. 

"Apple products are better because..." (no answer, they change subject)

Used to be everywhere in LTT forums, had a break which lasted apparently 1 year LOL. 

Gonna get up againnnn.

Wake me up if I sleep again like Oppy. 

"I think my pc is air cooled, because when I touch it I can feel air coming out of it..." - Please! Help...

Make sure to tag and/or quote people so they get notified... :P:D 

My gear:

Ryzen 7 2700X / Gigabyte GA-X370M-Gaming 3 / R9 380 Nitro 4GB/ 16GB DDR4 2133 / 225GB OCZ Trion 100 / 3TB of hard drive storage
                                                                                                     AOC C24G1 / BenQ GW2270H(rarely overclocked to 87Hz :P )
                                                                               Razer Blackwidow / Redragon Kumara / Logitech G Pro Wiress / Sennheiser HD 559

Microsoft LifeCam Studio / Tonor BM700 microphone

Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ82 / Canon EOS 80D

#PCMasterrace

On 04/12/2017 at 8:20 PM, marten.aap2.0 said:

it took me way to long to understand it, I first thought I made some stupid typo xD

Explain?

20 hours ago, Tsuki said:

ive actually had pretty good luck running programs that werent even supposed to run on win7, running on 10 without compatibility mode.  just drag the program folder over and everything just kinda works. (specific software was Family Origins, which was discontinued in 2003)

Hi

I run Star Wars titles from 1999 on Windows 10 

Cheers,

RorzNZ Apple Expert

“Apple computers have more power behind every pixel”

Please don't argue with me, I am just trying to help, or be helped. (we are all humans right?)

2 minutes ago, floppy disk mayhem said:

“Apple computers have more power behind every pixel”

Who the heck says that?? As a Apple and Windows user that is pretty dumb. 

1 minute ago, William Payne said:

Who the heck says that?? As a Apple and Windows user that is pretty dumb. 

Apple fanboys.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

3 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Apple fanboys.

Really dumb statement, I have never heard that before and I spend time on mac forums. But generally all they do on mac forums is complain about macs. Oh the irony. 

Just now, William Payne said:

Really dumb statement, I have never heard that before and I spend time on mac forums. But generally all they do on mac forums is complain about macs. Oh the irony. 

Add that to the list of statements that trigger tech fans :)

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

6 hours ago, Inversion said:

"You should get this (insert product) if you want to game. It's a gaming (insert product)."

I get almost every time I ask to look at something. I once even went to look at a specific monitor and the sales person actually asked me what I wanted to do with it and when I said gaming, took me to something twice the price rather than what I asked for.

Had someone try to sell me a laptop with Intel HD graphics saying I could game, then go to someone else and tell them their sons Christmas present should be a top of the line Acer predator laptop because he was going to school... Uhhhh

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Add that to the list of statements that trigger tech fans :)

Which part?

1 minute ago, Hiitchy said:

Had someone try to sell me a laptop with Intel HD graphics saying I could game, then go to someone else and tell them their sons Christmas present should be a top of the line Acer predator laptop because he was going to school... Uhhhh

4K 144Hz Powerpoint ultra settings master race.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

3 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

"Apple fanboys"

Yeah, in all honesty though I think PC and android fanboys are worse, the problem is they dont realise how bad they are. 

Just now, William Payne said:

Yeah, in all honesty though I think PC and android fanboys are worse, the problem is they dont realise how bad they are.

I wouldn't call myself a "fanboy" per se, but I do support PC and I use Android out of mostly convenience and price.

Just now, Crunchy Dragon said:

I wouldn't call myself a "fanboy" per se, but I do support PC and I use Android out of mostly convenience and price.

Yeah, I just use what I like and what works for me. 

43 minutes ago, CUDA_Cores said:

"Apple"

Hi

The “why do people hate Apple” thread will (and no doubt) surpass all other threads in a matter of weeks.

Cheers,

RorzNZ Apple Expert 

"If you were given a partially eaten apple, you should really throw it out"

@RorzNZ You're Welcome.

There's more Triggers for Apples than "Gates and Windows"

5b0.jpg

2 hours ago, Hiitchy said:

Reminds me of another trigger of mine: when people advertise their used laptops or PCs as "gaming" machines, yet they only have Intel HD graphics. >_<

When people advertise 4+ year old graphics cards for near original retail price. Yeah, good luck with that... 9_9

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

Just now, MEC-777 said:

When people advertise 4+ year old graphics cards for near original retail price. Yeah, good luck with that... 

Probably made out like bandits during the height of the digital era gold rush.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

3 minutes ago, MEC-777 said:

When people advertise 4+ year old graphics cards for near original retail price. Yeah, good luck with that... 9_9

Its incredible how many small time computer shops try and do that. They try to sell old parts as new tech at new prices.