Can someone save me from ripping my hair out?

HunterScott

Good evening guys!

I'm in quite a grave dilemma, I have an inkling that I may have a dead MoBo, but I just want to make sure I have attacked all angles before heading back into the store tomorrow for a replacement.

Computer hardware;

• Core i5 - 7600k - 7th Gen;
  • ASUS Strix B250F Gaming Mobo (4 months old from new);
  • Corsair Vengeance LPX (8GB x 2) DDR4;
  • MSI GeForce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X 11G;
  • Samsung Evo 250GB SSD;
  • 2TB Seagate HDD;
  • Coolermaster Hyper Evo 212;
  • Corsair CX750M.

I upgraded my GPU from a ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 Strix to a MSI GeForce GTX 1080TI 11G and subsequently upgraded my PSU to a CX750M. All was going well and the rig was running like a dream... until yesterday! When I entered my computer room, I noticed that the standby LED's weren't illuminating on the MoBo as per. I checked my UPS to ensure that there were no issues/powercuts in my absence, or that my partner hadn't accidently (or purposely) unplugged it. The UPS was fine and chugging along as norm.
I pressed the ON button, the LED's on the MoBo gave me a little dance and then it was as though someone had pulled the plug. There was nothing. No feedback. No display. Just a small orange light on the motherboard which shows it's on standby (See image), the debug LED panel also showed no faults.

I worked my way through the fault testing guide on the forum TWICE to no avail, and even asked Maplins for an exchange of PSU's in the event that the one I had recently purchased was faulty. They obliged, but it quickly became evident that the fault wasn't with the PSU.

I'm at my wit's end and was hoping one of you kind souls would know any alt checks I can make to try and breath some life back into my rig?

Kind regards,

Ben

20171201_225248.jpg

“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
― Charles Bukowski

Desktop | Intel Core i5 - 7600k | ASUS Strix B250F | MSI GeForce GTX 1080Ti x Gaming 11G | 256GB Samsung Evo | x2 WD Blue 1TB | Corsair Vengeance LPX (2x8GB)

Mini Desktop | Mac Mini | Core i7 2.3GHz | 8GB RAM | 1TB HDD x2

Laptop | MacBook Pro 13in w/Touch bar (2016) | Intel Core i7 | 8GB LPDDR3 | 1TB SSD

Laptop | Lenovo Thinkpad Edge | Intel Core i5 | 16GB DDR3 | 256GB SSD

Peripherals | Razer Chroma Orbweaver | Magic Mouse 2 | Corsair K70 RGB | Logitech G402 | Blue Snowball | Logitech G922 | Logitech Artemis Spectrum G933

Galaxy Tab S2 - used as a media streamer, more often abused by my 1 year old son.

1 minute ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

Can I get some clarification on what motherboard you have? Google is saying it doesn't exist.

Apologies for the typo - it's the Asus Strix B250F gaming motherboard! Those pesky number keys...

“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
― Charles Bukowski

Desktop | Intel Core i5 - 7600k | ASUS Strix B250F | MSI GeForce GTX 1080Ti x Gaming 11G | 256GB Samsung Evo | x2 WD Blue 1TB | Corsair Vengeance LPX (2x8GB)

Laptop | MacBook Pro 13in w/Touch bar (2016) | Intel Core i7 | 8GB LPDDR3 | 1TB SSD

Peripherals | Razer Chroma Orbweaver | Magic Mouse 2 | Corsair K70 RGB | Logitech G402 | Blue Snowball | Logitech G922 | Logitech Artemis Spectrum G933

Galaxy Tab S2 - used as a media streamer, more often abused by my 1 year old son.

reset cmos, reseat your ram and gpu.

try again.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

3 minutes ago, Tsuki said:

reset cmos, reseat your ram and gpu.

try again.

Tried these step's a good 3 - 4 times over the last two days to no success! :| I removed the battery for 10 hours whilst I was at work today, and have also removed the battery for 10 minute intervals on other occasions.

― Charles Bukowski

3 minutes ago, HunterScott said:

Apologies for the typo - it's the Asus Strix B250F gaming motherboard! Those pesky number keys...

Had a feeling it was that. Do what @Tsuki said.

Just now, Dissitesuxba11s said:

Had a feeling it was that. Do what @Tsuki said.

Already have completed those steps countless times to no avail. :|

― Charles Bukowski

Just now, HunterScott said:

Already have completed those steps countless times to no avail. :|

When you say "No Feedback," does that mean nothing is turning on, like fans?

Just now, Dissitesuxba11s said:

When you say "No Feedback," does that mean nothing is turning on, like fans?

Yup! The computer stay's in an off state - all I have it the standby light illuminated - mocking me from a distance.

― Charles Bukowski

I'm not sure if this would apply in your case, but you could try this list. I'd say it helps ~%50 of the people I send it too.

Edit: After re-reading, I'm thinking that this is even less applicable. However, it's still a good list to go through to eliminate possibilities.

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

2 minutes ago, Imbellis said:

I'm not sure if this would apply in your case, but you could try this list. I'd say it helps ~%50 of the people I send it too.

Edit: After re-reading, I'm thinking that this is even less applicable. However, it's still a good list to go through to eliminate possibilities.

I followed a similar posted located on this forum to an exact tee to no success. I think an RMA is in order! All signs are pointing to a dud motherboard it would seem.

Thank you all for your help @Imbellis; @Dissitesuxba11s & @Tsuki.

― Charles Bukowski

-snip-

That's interesting that it worked after you changed your PSU and GPU, but just crapped out a few days later. So you tried everything, from reseating the motherboard, the GPU? Have you tried your using your old GPU and PSU?

On 12/2/2017 at 1:52 AM, Dissitesuxba11s said:

That's interesting that it worked after you changed your PSU and GPU, but just crapped out a few days later. So you tried everything, from reseating the motherboard, the GPU? Have you tried your using your old GPU and PSU?

I tried my old GPU and PSU and still had no success at getting the computer to boot! It's been an absolute nightmare.
Currently waiting on my RMA but that is proving to be a nightmare in it's own regard.

― Charles Bukowski

prob is the board, only other thing is the CPU and RAM

Doubt it'll do anything but try with out the memory installed, then one at a time.

Just now, ShoByte said:

prob is the board, only other thing is the CPU and RAM

Doubt it'll do anything but try with out the memory installed, then one at a time.

I tried all of that to no success unfortunately. I requested a RMA from the local gaming store that I bought the motherboard from, they decided to take my computer to 'test it' after charging me £20, and still have it. It's been nothing short of a nightmare!

― Charles Bukowski

Most of the time when that happened to me, it was the board. Very rare the CPU. Even when it was a CPU issue the fans came on for a split second. I like doing RMA's directly unless it's with gigabyte =/

Should take them a half hour max to figure it out. Drop a working processor in it and if no post it's the board. i wouldn't fret too much it's warrantied. Now if you can solve my rig that would be awesome lol. I hate intermittent issues.

9 minutes ago, ShoByte said:

Most of the time when that happened to me, it was the board. Very rare the CPU. Even when it was a CPU issue the fans came on for a split second. I like doing RMA's directly unless it's with gigabyte =/

Should take them a half hour max to figure it out. Drop a working processor in it and if no post it's the board. i wouldn't fret too much it's warrantied. Now if you can solve my rig that would be awesome lol. I hate intermittent issues.

I got in touch with the local business that sold me the board and they asked me to bring my rig in so they can test it. That wasn't an issue so I asked my father-in-law to drop off my computer as I was working for the next few days and was expecting it to be sorted in in a few hours at the most. They asked for a £20 'booking in fee' and nearly two weeks later, I am yet to receive an update about my PC. It's an absolute shambles.

What issues are you having?

― Charles Bukowski

Just now, JoostinOnline said:

Sure.  You've got two options:

1. You let me shave your head
  2. You let me cut off your hands

Why only two options? I can think of a third - half and half. One half of my hair, one of my hands.

― Charles Bukowski

Why only two options? I can think of a third - half and half. One half of my hair, one of my hands.

Well that's just silly.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

Just now, JoostinOnline said:

Well that's just silly.

Silly BUT suggestive?

― Charles Bukowski