Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Can't watch this now :(

On a road trip, but will watch when I have wifi

QUOTE ME TO SEE MY REPLY!:D

No one looks cools with clunky headgear? Max did a damn good job at 1:25, but that red jacket destroyed it, should've been blue.

7 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:

No one looks cools with clunky headgear? Max did a damn good job at 1:25

Definitely!  Very sʏɴᴛʜᴡᴀᴠᴇ.  Everything old is new again.  ?

I used this product pre release as a demo. Was very disappointed in it.

Setup was very easy, headset is somewhat comfortable to me (I didn't have that 'nostril clamp' thing, despite having a big nose), but the screen looked terrible.

When I used this product, I knew next to nothing about it's specs and when I used it, the resolution looked like an Oculus rift DK1 level (together with this Acer headset, I have only ever used a DK1 and HTC Vive, for comparison). This could be due to the lenses not being close to my face.. but still.

The controllers felt cheap to me, when I compare it to the plastic controllers of all the consoles I used over the years.

I could mention the lack of cool demos for these headsets in the Windows Store and the overall confusing layout for getting at the VR/AR/MR stuff.. but that cannot be blamed on the device.

So... This product feels like a cool tech demo, that's about it for me.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

thanks to this video I saved some cash, not the wait for Halolens continues... 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

• 4 months later...

yep  video is off 200 on window store way less then htc vive or rift and vive have lcd too it is vive pro video much have change and lenovo is better one of them 

• 2 months later...

my only question on this set up is does the lack of light houses fix the VR cross talk problem you had in the multi VR video when you hung the black out curtains?