Editing Rig V2

Versti

My friend asked me to build him a pc, it's my 2nd time building a pc so im not the best at it, please leave feedback.

Build for mainly Editing 1080p60 videos, and slight gaming like CS:GO, Overwatch etc.. (not very resource demanding games).

Its a budget build so i couldn't go with better parts, hope it does the job well though..

Case: Corsair Spec-03

PSU: Corsair CX550

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600(Overclocking the shit out of it..)

RAM: Crucial 8GB 2400Mhz (Only thing in stock, i know ryzen likes higher Mhz, but its the only thing i could get my hands on)

Storage: Biostar 90GB SSD (to save rendered videos on) and a 1TB Seagate HDD (for games,images etc...)

Motherboard: Asus Prime B350-Plus

GPU: Sapphire Pulse RX 560 4GB (Overclocking it)

90GB? I hope thats a typo since that will fill up quickly 10 min of 1080p60 youtube alone will be 2GB :D let alone any coded that is higher quality

1 minute ago, Dujith said:

90GB? I hope thats a typo since that will fill up quickly 10 min of 1080p60 youtube alone will be 2GB :D let alone any coded that is higher quality

I did tell him that so he can be aware of what im building for him, he is going to delete the videos once he uploads them, so it shouldnt be a problem.

i believe a 1600x is not that much more in price but I'm not so home on ryzen to tell you if it is really better 

and as you will 

Overclocking the shit out of it..

you will need a heavier psu

ask me about your system builds, AIO's, CPU's, PSU's, and GPU's.

Just now, Versti said:

I did tell him that so he can be aware of what im building for him, he is going to delete the videos once he uploads them, so it shouldnt be a problem.

he can store vids fine on an HDD

3 minutes ago, ricksteendam1 said:

i believe a 1600x is not that much more in price but I'm not so home on ryzen to tell you if it is really better 

the 1600 is a better "bang for the buck" meaning if you overclock it just right you get same power as 1600x, and the 1600x doesnt come with a stock cooler. but thanks for your concern/feedback.

2 minutes ago, ricksteendam1 said:

he can store vids fine on an HDD

True, but it's faster on an ssd when he's rendring.

15 minutes ago, Versti said:

Overclocking the shit out of it..

then you will need a heavier psu certainly. 

1 minute ago, ricksteendam1 said:

i will look into that, thanks for the feedback, ill see what i can find that's better and not that much more expensive.

6 minutes ago, Versti said:

the 1600 is a better "bang for the buck" meaning if you overclock it just right you get same power as 1600x, and the 1600x doesnt come with a stock cooler. but thanks for your concern/feedback.

True, but it's faster on an ssd when he's rendring.

He should just render to the ssd and then transfer over to the HDD. plus its better anyway to have one drive that has the media sources and another to render too that way they can both operate at max speed and your dives arent bottlenecking your cpu

he's sadly not looking to buy from the internet as he thinks it's "dangerous" (i disagree btw) and i didnt find this kind of psu in the store he's buying parts from, (here in israel we dont have a variety of parts)

6 minutes ago, ricksteendam1 said:

Absolutely not. Overclocked, he would have no problems running that system off a decent 300W PSU. 

:)

Just now, Versti said:

he's sadly not looking to buy from the internet as he thinks it's "dangerous" (i disagree btw) and i didnt find this kind of psu in the store he's buying parts from, (here in israel we dont have a variety of parts)

that's to bad don't you have web stores in Israel 

that's to bad don't you have web stores in Israel 

we do, but as i said he's not really a fan of the online buying stuff, he thinks it's "risky".

Just now, Versti said:

we do, but as i said he's not really a fan of the online buying stuff, he thinks it's "risky".

oke to bad

pcpartpicker.com puts the estimated max draw of the OP build around 260W. Even a 550W is more than needed. If one of the CX450 is available at a lower cost, it would be a reasonable choice.

Try, try, try to up the ssd to 120GB or more. Even an older model would be worth it.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

15 minutes ago, brob said:

pcpartpicker.com puts the estimated max draw of the OP build around 260W. Even a 550W is more than needed. If one of the CX450 is available at a lower cost, it would be a reasonable choice.

Try, try, try to up the ssd to 120GB or more. Even an older model would be worth it.

pcpartpicker isnt always right about the Wattage needed, it said my pc would only draw 300Wat ish, but now its drawing around 400.

but thanks for your concern/feedback.

1 minute ago, Versti said:

pcpartpicker isnt always right about the Wattage needed, it said my pc would only draw 300Wat ish, but now its drawing around 400.

but thanks for your concern/feedback.

How did you arrive at the 400W number?

pcpartpicker adds up the manufacturers' max draw numbers. If you run everything at stock, the system should not draw any more than that number running flat out. If one overclocks and raises voltages, then the draw will increase. Some recent posts suggest that various gpu can draw quite a bit more than expected with heavy overclocks. Nonetheless, the pcpartpicker estimate is a good starting point. Going with 70%+ more capacity should cover any overclock.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

4 minutes ago, brob said:

How did you arrive at the 400W number?

pcpartpicker adds up the manufacturers' max draw numbers. If you run everything at stock, the system should not draw any more than that number running flat out. If one overclocks and raises voltages, then the draw will increase. Some recent posts suggest that various gpu can draw quite a bit more than expected with heavy overclocks. Nonetheless, the pcpartpicker estimate is a good starting point. Going with 70%+ more capacity should cover any overclock.

Yeah, that's what im saying, my system is overclocked, and im gonna overclock my friend's system, so i needed to add the extra wattage.

he's also looking into upgrading the gpu in the future (as he told me), so he needs the extra wattage to "cover" his upgrades in the future.