Looking for a min 400W max 550W PSU with a 14 pin connector.

Ofbasecfin

So I wanna upgrade my PC but I don't wanna change the motherboard cause the only reason why I should do that is if there is no good PSU that costs around 50 euros that has at least 400W that uses a 14 pin connector.

But when I try searching for one all I see is adapters which I don't wanna use cause I heard a wrong move can fry some stuff, so I'm asking if anybody knows a psu with at least 400W (prefer something like 500W for if I wanna upgrade anything else and 400W just isn't enough) that uses a 14pin connector.

I'd be happy if someone knows one!

A 14-pin connector? That must be some sort of odd-ball proprietary connector. Older ATX form factor motherboards used 20-pin connectors, and now use 24 pins. I would assume that any 'standard' power supply would only have the usual 20/24-pin connector. The 14-pin ones would probably be propriatary and expensive.

In any case, there should be no problem using an adapter PROVIDED that you are sure that the adapter is designed to work with your particular motherboard. Given that the 14-pin isn't 'standard', there could be several variations of pin layout.

A sieve may not hold water, but it will hold another sieve.

i5-6600, 16Gigs, ITX Corsair 250D, R9 390, 120Gig M.2 boot, 500Gig SATA SSD, no HDD

You have either a PIO or a proprietary motherboard if you only have a 14-pin on the motherboard.

Replace the motherboard.  

uuu  14pin? not 24pin? what. you are probably going to have to run an adapter, 14 pin isnt something thats on anything i can think off

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

28 minutes ago, Ofbasecfin said:

So I wanna upgrade my PC but I don't wanna change the motherboard cause the only reason why I should do that is if there is no good PSU that costs around 50 euros that has at least 400W that uses a 14 pin connector.

But when I try searching for one all I see is adapters which I don't wanna use cause I heard a wrong move can fry some stuff, so I'm asking if anybody knows a psu with at least 400W (prefer something like 500W for if I wanna upgrade anything else and 400W just isn't enough) that uses a 14pin connector.

I'd be happy if someone knows one!

You'd have to get the PSU that came with your PC. PSUs for normal ATX PCs use 24-pin connections.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

2 hours ago, Ofbasecfin said:

There is no PSU around that doesn't come with the Manufacturers blessing.

All 14pin power connectors on motherboards are proprietary, you can't buy a PSU that you want easily....

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

10 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

All 14pin power connectors on motherboards are proprietary, you can't buy a PSU that you want easily....

That's not necessarily true.  PIO boards use a 14-pin.  PIO boards are similar to mini-ITX, but with a x16 PCIe slot that is perpendicular to the mainboard.  These are quite common in iCafe builds.  Even then, PSUs are limited.  I've only seen Great Wall and Huntkey PSUs and they tend to be about 300~350W.

3 hours ago, Quaker said:

A 14-pin connector? That must be some sort of odd-ball proprietary connector. Older ATX form factor motherboards used 20-pin connectors, and now use 24 pins. I would assume that any 'standard' power supply would only have the usual 20/24-pin connector. The 14-pin ones would probably be propriatary and expensive.

In any case, there should be no problem using an adapter PROVIDED that you are sure that the adapter is designed to work with your particular motherboard. Given that the 14-pin isn't 'standard', there could be several variations of pin layout.

Yea, the email from the company that I bought the PC from already said it isn't a standard.

20 minutes ago, Ofbasecfin said:

Yea, the email from the company that I bought the PC from already said it isn't a standard.

time to get a new Motherboard as well then

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

10 hours ago, Sierra Fox said:

time to get a new Motherboard as well then

Nah, I'm just gonna get a adapter.

1 hour ago, Ofbasecfin said:

Nah, I'm just gonna get a adapter.

If that is possible...

If the PSU you have right now has a +5V Standby rail.

BUT: You absolutely have to get a PSU with DC-DC. That excludes most cheapish units...

And you need it for both rails...

1 hour ago, Stefan Payne said:

If that is possible...

If the PSU you have right now has a +5V Standby rail.

BUT: You absolutely have to get a PSU with DC-DC. That excludes most cheapish units...

And you need it for both rails...

?

3 hours ago, Ofbasecfin said:

?

First you have to check if your PSU has a 5V Standby Rail. If not, you have a Problem.

Second:
You need a PSU that does NOT require any load on either +5V or +3,3V rail -> DC-DC

And that usually is marketed on the Box so you'll see it.

For example Corsair CX450, Cooler Master G-Series...

4 hours ago, Ofbasecfin said:

?

Ok.  So you're in over your head.  Even more reason to trash the PSU and the motherboard and get new ones.

42 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

First you have to check if your PSU has a 5V Standby Rail. If not, you have a Problem.

Second:
You need a PSU that does NOT require any load on either +5V or +3,3V rail -> DC-DC

And that usually is marketed on the Box so you'll see it.

For example Corsair CX450, Cooler Master G-Series...

I have no idea what you mean...

13 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

Ok.  So you're in over your head.  Even more reason to trash the PSU and the motherboard and get new ones.

I could aswell build a entire new PC then, I just wanna upgrade a little cause a new PC would cost too much, I'm not upgrading anything else than the GPU, PSU and RAM, else it would cost too much.

8 minutes ago, Ofbasecfin said:

I could aswell build a entire new PC then, I just wanna upgrade a little cause a new PC would cost too much, I'm not upgrading anything else than the GPU, PSU and RAM, else it would cost too much.

Well... some PCs just weren't meant to be upgraded.  And the folks that build those PCs KNOW THAT because they want you to go back to them when you need another one.

So let's roll this back a bit.  Start over in a sense.

You have a PC now.  It has a PCIe x16 slot in it, obviously, since you're talking about getting a graphics card.

What graphics card are you wanting to get, and what kind of PSU is in there now?  A lot of those PIO PSUs from Great Wall and Huntkey are low wattage, but they can actually DO that wattage and 99% of the power is on the +12V rail.  Odds are, you don't even NEED a new PSU unless you're getting a GTX 1080 Ti.  :D

On 4-11-2017 at 7:14 PM, jonnyGURU said:

Well... some PCs just weren't meant to be upgraded.  And the folks that build those PCs KNOW THAT because they want you to go back to them when you need another one.

So let's roll this back a bit.  Start over in a sense.

You have a PC now.  It has a PCIe x16 slot in it, obviously, since you're talking about getting a graphics card.

What graphics card are you wanting to get, and what kind of PSU is in there now?  A lot of those PIO PSUs from Great Wall and Huntkey are low wattage, but they can actually DO that wattage and 99% of the power is on the +12V rail.  Odds are, you don't even NEED a new PSU unless you're getting a GTX 1080 Ti.  :D

I want to upgrade to a gtx 1050ti and the one from MSI could go into there without any other upgrades, but the one from gigabyte has 3 hdmi's which would be usefull if i wanted to have 3 monitors, but the one from gigabyte does need a pin connector, so i'd need to upgrade to a other PSU cause this one doesn't have any connectors left, and when my uncle and cousin tried helping me with getting my cousin his old gtx 960 we didn't have enough watts in my psu (i only have 350) so we'd need to upgrade PSU, but you can't even that that bloody thing out, and if you try it might be risky, well that's what they said, i could just go with the msi gtx 1050ti gaming x 4g and have nothing to worry about though.

Yeah.  The MSI GTX 1050 would be perfectly fine in there.

9 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

Yeah.  The MSI GTX 1050 would be perfectly fine in there.

Yeah, I guess I don't really need 3 hdmi's.