Storage question??

scottie612

So if I buy a 1 tb hdd then want to put an SSD in my system later on , how would copy windows over to the SSD ?

You can get ssd's with data migration software that would do it for you. I'd recommend just re-installing as it's cleaner though.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Ok so I have to out in the verification code again

You can but its not worth it, just put everything you need onto the HDD and reinstall on the SSD

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

And how big is windows/ how much room is it going to take up on the drive

And how big is windows/ how much room is it going to take up on the drive

Windows 7 is ~22GB if I remember correctly. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.