Destiny 2 Stability Issues- anyone else have these?

Hello everyone!
I was finally able to pick up Destiny 2 on Friday and start playing. Everything seemed to be going great, but as soon as I shut down the game for the first time I started to hit stability issues.

After starting the game for the second time, the game would hang up and crash very soon after starting up, sometimes before I even got past the character select screen. It would do this repeatedly, even after closing out of Battle.net and reopening it, but If I'm persistent eventually it will work, but it still runs the risk of hanging up and crashing after an extended periods of playing, and that's not going to fly when I get to the Raid. The crashing primarily happens while in orbit.

Things I've Tried:

checking for drivers. 388.00 is still current for Nvidia at this time

validating file integrity

closing every other app

removing miniscule overclock

reducing graphical settings

increasing overclock (I don't know why I thought this would work)

making Battle.net minimize in game

So far I'm still getting the same issues. I was wondering if anyone else was having these issues. The only thing I can think of that might be causing these at this point might be my 21:9 monitor, but Bungie specifically stated that they were making the effort to accommodate ultrawide aspect ratios. The only clue I have is that During the Beta I would sometimes get File paging errors. Could this actually be a sign of my DRAM or VRAM corrupting? Maybe my Hard Drive? Here are my PC specs if it helps in any way:

i5 4690K

MSI z97 motherboard

16GB Kingston 1600MHz Ram

Gigabyte GTX 780 windforce (3GB VRAM)

OS drive: 2x Corsair GS 128GB SSD RAID 0

Data drive: WD caviar black 1TB

Corsair 850W PSU

monitor: Asus 2560X1080 IPS 60Hz

Ryzen 7 3700X

Aorus GTX 1080ti

G.Skill TridentZ 3200MHz 2x8GB

Corsair SFX 750W

Phanteks Evolve Shift Air (glass front)

2x Corsair Force GS 120GB SSD (RAID 0)

On 10/28/2017 at 7:31 PM, nightmarevoid said:

Hello everyone!
I was finally able to pick up Destiny 2 on Friday and start playing. Everything seemed to be going great, but as soon as I shut down the game for the first time I started to hit stability issues.

After starting the game for the second time, the game would hang up and crash very soon after starting up, sometimes before I even got past the character select screen. It would do this repeatedly, even after closing out of Battle.net and reopening it, but If I'm persistent eventually it will work, but it still runs the risk of hanging up and crashing after an extended periods of playing, and that's not going to fly when I get to the Raid. The crashing primarily happens while in orbit.

Things I've Tried:

checking for drivers. 388.00 is still current for Nvidia at this time

validating file integrity

closing every other app

removing miniscule overclock

reducing graphical settings

increasing overclock (I don't know why I thought this would work)

making Battle.net minimize in game

So far I'm still getting the same issues. I was wondering if anyone else was having these issues. The only thing I can think of that might be causing these at this point might be my 21:9 monitor, but Bungie specifically stated that they were making the effort to accommodate ultrawide aspect ratios. The only clue I have is that During the Beta I would sometimes get File paging errors. Could this actually be a sign of my DRAM or VRAM corrupting? Maybe my Hard Drive? Here are my PC specs if it helps in any way:

i5 4690K

MSI z97 motherboard

16GB Kingston 1600MHz Ram

Gigabyte GTX 780 windforce (3GB VRAM)

OS drive: 2x Corsair GS 128GB SSD RAID 0

Data drive: WD caviar black 1TB

Corsair 850W PSU

monitor: Asus 2560X1080 IPS 60Hz

Been fine for me, I've had a few instances of the game blackscreening when I load into the city but the game didn't freeze I could just hit esc > change character > load back in.  Also had one instance where is seemed like the game had a memory leak, over time my game started feeling sluggish even tho my fps was within 60-90 the whole time, then the game eventually crashed.  When I loaded back into the game it felt fine and I had like 90-144fps.  But that only happened once.

Edit: this is also with Final Fantasy 14 Online alt tabbed running in the backround.

My specs a similar.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

Not that issue specifically but there are times where the game seems to be loading or doing something and I get frozen at some screen. Nothing but a hard computer restart will fix it.

I can alt tab but cant actually switch to anything. I can hear music, and it will even change, but nothing ever happens.

Thanks for the replies! I tried a few things, and one of them fixed it. I changed the shadow quality to low, turned off V-sync, manually increased Page File room, and made Battle.net completely close when I launch a game. I don't know how any of these would have fixed my issue, but it did

Ryzen 7 3700X

Aorus GTX 1080ti

Corsair SFX 750W

I'll have to get around to trying these when I get time to play again but both myself and a friend were having issues. It took me about 2-3 hours before I saw a crash and my friend was seeing them every 30 minutes and he hasn't even overclocked anything.

CPU - Ryzen Threadripper 2950X | Motherboard - X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 14-13-13-21 | GPU - Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition | Case - Inwin 909 (Silver) | Storage - Samsung 950 Pro 500GB, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, HGST DeskStar 6TB, WD Black 2TB | PSU - Corsair AX1600i | Display - DELL ULTRASHARP U3415W |

10 hours ago, Carclis said:

I'll have to get around to trying these when I get time to play again but both myself and a friend were having issues. It took me about 2-3 hours before I saw a crash and my friend was seeing them every 30 minutes and he hasn't even overclocked anything.

I think what really helped was making sure I was well below the VRAM limit (VRAM usage is displayed in the graphical settings page) and turning off V-sync.

Ryzen 7 3700X

Aorus GTX 1080ti

Corsair SFX 750W

12 hours ago, nightmarevoid said:

I think what really helped was making sure I was well below the VRAM limit (VRAM usage is displayed in the graphical settings page) and turning off V-sync.

I had Vsync off and I'm fairly certain my VRAM usage was low since I have a 1080 Ti. From what I'm hearing though it seems like there's a memory leak. That seems to make a lot of sense too considering my friend has half the RAM i do and experiences the crashes far more frequently.

CPU - Ryzen Threadripper 2950X | Motherboard - X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 14-13-13-21 | GPU - Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition | Case - Inwin 909 (Silver) | Storage - Samsung 950 Pro 500GB, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, HGST DeskStar 6TB, WD Black 2TB | PSU - Corsair AX1600i | Display - DELL ULTRASHARP U3415W |

38 minutes ago, Carclis said:

I had Vsync off and I'm fairly certain my VRAM usage was low since I have a 1080 Ti. From what I'm hearing though it seems like there's a memory leak. That seems to make a lot of sense too considering my friend has half the RAM i do and experiences the crashes far more frequently.

Hmm, that's quite odd since I have 16GB of RAM. While it's not fast by modern standards, It still seems like plenty. I increased paging to 4GB on all my drives and made Battle.net close upon the start of Destiny. Maybe it's Battle.net that has the leak? I don't know how that would work, but it has made the game more stable. I haven't crashed since I turned off V-sync, closed Battle.net, increased paging, and set shadow quality to low.

Ryzen 7 3700X

Aorus GTX 1080ti

Corsair SFX 750W