Morrowind was recreated as a Skyrim mod, and you can play it right now

TopWargamer

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/12/06/morrowind-recreated-using-the-skyrim-engine?utm_campaign=fbposts&utm_source=facebook

A new Skyrim mod that seeks to recreate the world of Morrowind using Skyrim's engine can be downloaded and played now.

The mod, called Skywind, is currently in alpha, meaning that while you can explore the world you're not going to be able to do everything right now.

"Skywind is in an Alpha state, meaning you can move around the world, interact with a few things, but the full content of questing, gameplay and many other various elements are not part of the game yet," explains the mod's official site.

"These alpha releases are more for getting people interested, inspired and up-to-date with development so they can help with the project.

"Please consider how you can contribute in any small way when you see the potential of one of the best games being developed for 2013/2014."

Ok fine, so it's in alpha, which means that you can't play everything from Morrowind yet, but you can still play most stuff. Of course as the mod progresses, you'll be able to play the entire game of Morrowind in the Skyrim engine, and that will be awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYrH_cb8zeY

You can download the mod (Skywind) right here: http://morroblivion.com/forums/skyrim/skywind-mod-releases/3323

COMIC SANS

I am waiting for this, and once they release the full version i am going to hit dat so hard that whoever pulls me out of that mod will be crowned the next king of england.

....I can't put words together right now.

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

What an odd comment . . . . Power to the fans! Although when the next Elder Scrolls comes out, Morrowind, Oblivion & Skyrim will all most likely be 'created' in it's engine . . . and then when the 7th game is out the previous 4 will be ported to that and so on.

tumblr_m9np9d6PCQ1ryda9lo1_500_large.gif

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! this is gona be awesome

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

I played it and it's still kinda broken :/

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

So apparently you must have Morrowind installed first to install this mod :\

So apparently you must have Morrowind installed first to install this mod :\

That makes no sense at all

But good for me as i have both installed.

Fun stuff. Might try it out if I ever get around to playing Morrowind. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

I posted this already, but it was in PC gaming :D

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/84962-skyrim-morrowind-skywind/

Well if you post PC gaming news in the "Tech" section here, instead of the "PC gaming" section, like your buddy wargamer up top, more people will notice your stuff.

It would make sense if the mod links your current Morrowind install to your Skyrim install. However, the maker says it's +3GB, so that means it the mod itself contains everything. So I'm not sure why is that.... maybe the guy is a Morrowind fanboy and won't let people use his mod unless they got Morrowind.

Well if you post PC gaming news in the "Tech" section here, instead of the "PC gaming" section, like your buddy wargamer up top, more people will notice your stuff.

yes  because a game mod is totally tech news :|

Character artist in the Games industry.

It's not really news, they've been working on this and skyblivion for over a year, it's still not ready and it was possible to download it at any point, ign only posted that article because of a recent trailer the team made which led them to discover Skywind.

The forums need an "Other News" section for this stuff.

Well technically that would be Off Topic. That's where non-tech related news belong.

Also I just noticed that http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/84330-the-first-world-of-warcraft-movie-actors-have-been-revealed/ has been removed from "Tech news" to "Off-Topic"

The "Tech News" part of the forum isn't strictly for tech news

Well son the mods just proved my point right, and yours wrong.

168034de55c563ba18.png     :D

While this is cool the chances of it actually every being completed are slim. I have seen far too many awesome looking mods fall apart before they were remotely finished.

It's not about the appearance of the Morrowind, it's the feel: the complex dialogue options, the factions, the open ended quests where your actions actually matter...

I played it and it's still kinda broken :/

it is in alpha testing, so there is going to be a lot of things not working

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

because it requires assets from the original game, its still illegal but it prevents bethesda from saying people are stealing a full games assets.

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

yes because a game mod is totally tech news :|

I'm telling, you, half the "Tech news and reviews" are random crap that's happening in the world, like a thread where some idiot posted, "Walmart to install Surface to Air missiles blah blah Amazon drones blah blah." Like seriously.

Does anyone know awesome DLC mods like this and Falskaar?

Really appreciate these hard working fellows for making them.

Can't download Skywind because I don't have Morrowind. so will try out Falskaar later.

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

Much land,

So Dovah,

Very Khajit

Such Amaze