Whats wrong with my download speed on PS4?

ImRyan

So since this morning the download on my PS4 has ranged from 23 mbps to 71 mbps its different every time i run the PS4 speed test when on my pc its always 74 mbps. I was trying to download the update for fortnite and it first said it wold take 8 minutes  then 102 minutes. Whats wrong with my PS4?

i am on a wired connection on PS4 and PC

Thanks for your help

Just now, ImRyan said:

So since this morning the download on my PS4 has ranged from 23 mbps to 71 mbps its different every time i run the PS4 speed test when on my pc its always 74 mbps. I was trying to download the update for fortnite and it first said it wold take 8 minutes  then 102 minutes. Whats wrong with my PS4?

Thanks for your help

99% it is not your PS4.
It's just mostly the server, or somebody else using the internet in your house.
I've downloaded from countless downloading sites and my download speed fluctuate like crazy.
Again it's highly unlikely that the problem is in your PS4 and most likely it's Sony servers fault.

In this case it's most likely not your PS4 it's like above said the server or multiple people using your net at once. 

If you were playing on a wireless connection it'd be different. The PS4 has a really shitty wireless adapter compared to other consoles(older ones at least, all my testing was done on original PS4's and white Destiny PS4) no matter how stable your speed is it would always fluctuate like that on a wireless connection. 

Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus, 32GB Cosair Vengenace LP 3600mhz, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra,  Sabrent Rocket 4 1TB NVME SSD, WD Blue SN570 NVME SSD, 4TB Mass storage, EVGA 750W G2, Corsair 270R

1 minute ago, Ophidio said:

In this case it's most likely not your PS4 it's like above said the server or multiple people using your net at once. 

If you were playing on a wireless connection it'd be different. The PS4 has a really shitty wireless adapter compared to other consoles(older ones at least, all my testing was done on original PS4's and white Destiny PS4) no matter how stable your speed is it would always fluctuate like that on a wireless connection. 

No one else is on my network i am on a wired connection and i just got an error on PS4 that said "An error has occurred in system software. (CE-36329-3)" when in playstation store

2 hours ago, ImRyan said:

No one else is on my network i am on a wired connection and i just got an error on PS4 that said "An error has occurred in system software. (CE-36329-3)" when in playstation store

It's Sony's Servers, have been like that for many years.. MS is just as bad though. There are countless people always on the servers, and they have to balance their load somehow.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

13 hours ago, ImRyan said:

Thanks for your help

I sub to PSVue, Sony has shit servers. Get used to it. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

19 hours ago, ImRyan said:

It's Sony servers for sure.
Though the error you just got is like a blue screen on PC and i would like to remind you that PSs and Xboxs are basically computers so expect crashes.