Google Ditching a Planned Walking Calorie Counter in Google Maps Because of... Shaming?

PlayStation 2

Maybe if someone got offended for low quality satellite map layout that you cant zoom in further they'll change that too.

Details separate people.

Typical SJW behavior, nothing special. I blame Google for this, not the autistic people who cried about this. They caved in, which is just going to make these types of people scream even louder next time they aren't getting their way

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

I personally think this is a useful feature. Why has everything these days got to be about race or gender? For someone that walks a lot and tries to be fit as well it is a very nice touch. 

23 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

I personally think this is a useful feature. Why has everything these days got to be about race or gender? For someone that walks a lot and tries to be fit as well it is a very nice touch. 

Because being the biggest fake victim is more important and rewarding than being a genuinely good person these days.

Seriously, I don't give a rat's ass what ones gender, race, sexuality, whatever fucking thing one could come up with you are, just be a decent person. And that seems to be fading away faster and faster.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

20 minutes ago, Kumaresh said:

Japanese people are incredibly fit on average compared to people from other 1st world nations, and schools and businesses can be fined for having fat employees. Healthy diets are encouraged and enforced through numerous means. Seems to be working pretty good for them. The Japanese seem to be one of the most based and practical minded people of all. Would be great if other countries took note......

but what about dem feels???

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

4 hours ago, Kumaresh said:

Japanese people are incredibly fit on average compared to people from other 1st world nations, and schools and businesses can be fined for having fat employees. Healthy diets are encouraged and enforced through numerous means. Seems to be working pretty good for them. The Japanese seem to be one of the most based and practical minded people of all. Would be great if other countries took note......

There's many things I admire about Japan, especially when it comes to its immigration policies.

Sadly I can't exactly say that it's good that the death rate outpaces the birth rate.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Id honestly love this feature just so i can actually tell how many calories i burn on my bike rides, it'd be neat, im not gonna bother tracking or getting a new app for this so I'd love if google had it as an option 

13 hours ago, Kumaresh said:

Japanese culture seems to be centered around effort and achievement and not "muh feels" which is what we're moving towards in the west.

51 minutes ago, chilicheeseburger said:

Japanese culture seems to be centered around effort and achievement and not "muh feels" which is what we're moving towards in the west.

Are you suggesting that we return to medieval thinking and practices? Or the samurai code of an insult having to be dealt with immediately (like really quick) or you let it go without grudge? Or Pokemon TCG battles? Or the ever-popular SDASTFU? 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

1 hour ago, chilicheeseburger said:

Japanese culture also tends to encourage overwork and absolute corporate loyalty.  There are many great things about Japanese culture, but we might not want to rush to celebrate that effort-above-all-else aspect when it's what leads people to work 12 hours a day and feel like failures if they show signs of weakness.  There's a happy medium to be found here.

This isn't to say that I think calorie numbers on stairs or Google Maps are going to trigger some kind of epidemic, just that I can see the possibility that they could guilt-trip someone with an eating disorder.  And the outrage at pulling the Maps feature seems to be just as much of an overreaction as exaggerating the danger of including calorie counts.

Should be a feature that the user can opt-in on.

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X | RAM - 64 GB DDR4 3200MHz | GPU - Nvidia GTX 1660 ti | MOBO -  MSI B550 Gaming Plus

26 minutes ago, PocketNerd said:

Should be a feature that the user can opt-in on.

That would be too logical for Google. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

Shame on Google for succumbing to these idiots. When all doctors around the world tell you you're dying due to your obesity you don't complain that they're shaming you. All that  gets you is less tools and people willing to help you with the issue.

Funnily enough we're fatter than we've ever been now that it's socially acceptable, normal and healthy to be that way.

CPU - Ryzen Threadripper 2950X | Motherboard - X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 14-13-13-21 | GPU - Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition | Case - Inwin 909 (Silver) | Storage - Samsung 950 Pro 500GB, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, HGST DeskStar 6TB, WD Black 2TB | PSU - Corsair AX1600i | Display - DELL ULTRASHARP U3415W |

We really, really don't need this, I'm starting to get fed up of Google releasing so many different apps that do essentially the same thing, this is getting redicilous now.

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

16 hours ago, ARikozuM said:

That would be too logical for Google. 

Weirdly, that's too logical for most people these days.

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X | RAM - 64 GB DDR4 3200MHz | GPU - Nvidia GTX 1660 ti | MOBO -  MSI B550 Gaming Plus

18 hours ago, Commodus said:

Japanese culture also tends to encourage overwork and absolute corporate loyalty.  There are many great things about Japanese culture, but we might not want to rush to celebrate that effort-above-all-else aspect when it's what leads people to work 12 hours a day and feel like failures if they show signs of weakness.  There's a happy medium to be found here.

This isn't to say that I think calorie numbers on stairs or Google Maps are going to trigger some kind of epidemic, just that I can see the possibility that they could guilt-trip someone with an eating disorder.  And the outrage at pulling the Maps feature seems to be just as much of an overreaction as exaggerating the danger of including calorie counts.

I didn't say Japanese culture is perfect. They're taking it a bit too far I guess. I don't even have a strong opinion about it in any way because I've never been there myself. But the impression I have is that they have incredible discipline and working morale and that is something I can relate to unlike the constant self pity and sense of entitlement that's been on the rise in the west, especially what you see with liberal millennials and especially in the US. Would be great to have a discussion about this in more depth as I can see your point but I'm afraid that would lead to political discussion inadvertently which - as far as I know - is not allowed on here any more. (Probably for the better)

Btw, I'm not outraged about this at all. In fact, I couldn't care less. Just came across the topic here and found it... mildly amusing.

17 hours ago, Citadelen said:

We really, really don't need this, I'm starting to get fed up of Google releasing so many different apps that do essentially the same thing, this is getting redicilous now.

that's why they are synchronizing it all into one app so you dont have to download 8 billion apps....