Convince me....

solosdk

...to stay with Android.

I had an iPhone 5, gave it to a relative who needed a phone upgrade quite badly. So I took my chance to try out Android. So i got a HTC One as I like the metal construction of this phone, as well as the speakers

So far I do not like the experience at all. I've had the phone for two weeks now and its safe to say I know the ins and outs of this device

Don't get me wrong, its great hardware, but its the software that is lacking

I find it is more difficult to carry out tasks on this far than my iPhone. The iPhone was just really simple and great, did everything I needed it to. With this HTC, however, is a completely different story.

For one I am an "internetter" and I find that chrome is really not that great. The keyboard is also inaccurate, I almost always get the word spelt wrong as most keys are incorrectly entered onto the screen but in reality I am pressing the right key... 

Chrome is not that good as Safari (mobile, not desktop lol). The browsing is not as smooth, the zooming in and out is not as smooth and the overall fluidity of it is not as good. I do however appreciate the screen size and find it pretty good to watch youtube videos on, but that's why I've got an iPad Mini (yes I have tried out Android tablet too, Nexus 7 2013)...

In Chrome when I tap on a link, it usually does not register and I would have to keep trying until I actually have to zoom in and it works. But then there's another annoyance, theres this magnifying thing that ALWAYS appears and I hate it! It slows down my browsing experience! I just want to go on that damn link! 

The overall software is good, but the alert system and everything is much better on the iPhone. Also I am very badly missing out of iMessage as pretty much everyone I know has an iPhone. Yes Whatsapp is an alternative but most of the time I reverted to iMessage on the iPhone. 

This is more like a review and such but anyway this is my take on Android. I do not know why people like android so much... Fair enough bigger screen, better display, better speakers.. but thats about it really. 

For me it is about the experience, and I find the experience is so much better on iOS. Do not get me wrong, this HTC is an awesome phone but like I said before, I do not know what the big hubbub is about Android phones

#rantover

(This is more like a review, but you are free to convince me to stay on Android, otherwise I will go back to iPhone  :wacko: )

we don't need to convince you.

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

we don't need to convince you.

Why not? I want to know if there's anything im missing out on or if there are more features that I could use... I dunno

Chrome is rubbish? How about trying out Dolphin browser? Also, keep in mind that (I assume) you haven't installed a custom rom/rooted your phone yet. So give that a go first. For me I always stick with android because I get adblock when rooted and a firewall to be able to control which apps can use my data/wifi (It comes in handy when I only have a 100mb data plan). I also occasionally send files to my friends and family using SuperBeam in conjunction with NFC, something the 5s has yet to have. I don't like the auto brightness settings on android, so with a custom rom, adjustable autobrighness settings are built it.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Get yourself the Sony Z1 instead then :) It is a abetter Android Phone :)

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

Chrome is rubbish? How about trying out Dolphin browser?

I have tried out other browsers too but I prefer stock browsers

get a custom launcher, custom lock screen, custom browser, custom apps.  Boom! 

Use Firefox <3

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

Why not? I want to know if there's anything im missing out on or if there are more features that I could use... I dunno

Sorry if i sounded rude, what i wanted to say with it, is that if you're not convined with a product, there is not much another person can do about it. ^^

Again, sorry if it sounded rude. ^^

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

Download apps for the stuff you find frustrating.

99% of the time "there's an app for that" (oh the irony of using apple marketing for android).

Try swiftkey keyboard and firefox or some other browser.

The great thing about android is it's so customisable!

Anything you don't like, see if there's an app to fix/change it to meet your needs.

Once you get used to that, you'll find your android experience is much better and will be just as easy, if not easier for you to use than iOS.

Hope this helps! :)

I have tried out other browsers too but I prefer stock browsers

But you just said you were trying out chrome...

But you just said you were trying out chrome...

I only mentioned chrome in this because thats why I used mainly

Download apps for the stuff you find frustrating.

99% of the time "there's an app for that" (oh the irony of using apple marketing for android).

Try swiftkey keyboard and firefox or some other browser.

The great thing about android is it's so customisable!

Anything you don't like, see if there's an app to fix/change it to meet your needs.

Once you get used to that, you'll find your android experience is much better and will be just as easy, if not easier for you to use than iOS.

Hope this helps! :)

Thats a good response! Thanks for that ;)

Get yourself the Sony Z1 instead then :) It is a abetter Android Phone :)

@MrMurphysLaw begs to differ lmao. Anyhow, Nexus 5 ftw :D

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Customize the hell out of it with other launchers such as go launcher. You can make it look like ios.

My rig: Cpu: AMD 8350 | Cooler: Corsair h100i with Noctua nf-f12 fans | Ram: 8gb 1600 corsair vengeance | Hard Drive: 2x 1tb wd drives in raid 1 | SSd: 128gb plextor m5p  | Motherboard: asrock extreme9  | Graphics card: amd 7850 2gb | Power Supply: ocz modular | Case: cooler master cm 690 ii          Peripherals: | Monitor: x-star 1440p | Mic: blue snowball  | Keyboard: Flashget G600  | Mouse: No name |

Customize the hell out of it with other launchers such as go launcher. You can make it look like ios.

Can anyone tell me what a launcher is and anything else? I don't really know the custom side of things

I love apple, its great for pretty much everything. Phones are superior to even the htc one 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

Can anyone tell me what a launcher is and anything else? I don't really know the custom side of things

A launcher changes the ui of the phone. You can get different themes such as ios themes.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.icoolapps.launcher

^ I've never tried this particular launcher but maybe you could give it a shot. I've used go launcher and its great. Theirs 100s of themes to choose from on go launcher.

My rig: Cpu: AMD 8350 | Cooler: Corsair h100i with Noctua nf-f12 fans | Ram: 8gb 1600 corsair vengeance | Hard Drive: 2x 1tb wd drives in raid 1 | SSd: 128gb plextor m5p  | Motherboard: asrock extreme9  | Graphics card: amd 7850 2gb | Power Supply: ocz modular | Case: cooler master cm 690 ii          Peripherals: | Monitor: x-star 1440p | Mic: blue snowball  | Keyboard: Flashget G600  | Mouse: No name |

If you don't like android just switch, we can't convince you.

CPU : Intel Core i7 3960X, Mobo : X79-UD3, Memory : 4x4GB Vengeance Black Memory 1600MHz, GPU : Asus GTX 970 Strix, Case : Switch 810 Matte Black, Storage : 256GB Samsung 830 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, PSU : Thermaltake 750W 80+ Bronze, Displays : 3x Asus 1080p Screens, Cooling : Corsair H100i, Keyboard : Logitech G710+, Mouse : Madcat Cyborg R.A.T.7, Sound : Sennheiser HD598, V-Moda Crossfade LP, Logitech Z-5500, HMD : Oculus Rift CV1

Stay with android. 

(sorry, tl;dr)

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

If you can't handle Android then yea you should move off.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.