EK announces Ascendancy Water Cooling Control Board

ChrisxIxCross

No more having to open up your case to change your pump speed and buying separate fan controllers. EK has taken a page out of Corsairs book and take it to the next level with their own ultimate watercooling software interface. This looks like a must have for any enthusiast that wants the highest level of control of their system. Imo this is amazing, with the exception of that hideous green pcb. What do you guys think? 

bIWo2dt.png

Hardware features:

• direct drain FET water cooled voltage regulation module (VRM)
  • up to 150 W sustained power capable VRM
  • standard 6-pin PCI-Express power connector ensures
  • control a 4-pin molex / 3-pin DC (up to 40W) or 4-pin PWM capable water pump
  • control up to 8 4-pin PWM or 3-pin DC fans (15W each)
  • connect any industry standard flow meter (pulse sensing)
  • monitor up to 10 thermal probes (NTC thermistor)

Software features:

• Microsoft Windows based application
  • Modern, easy and intuitive user interface
  • Custom profile creation, editing and management - from fan hysteresis to flow meter pulse tuning
  • CPUID SDK support allows monitoring of all vital parameters of your computer
  • Logging function of all parameters

App_Ascendacy_controlPanel_Brushed_ALU_CApp_Ascendacy_controlPanel_Brushed_ALU_S

Link to article: http://www.techpowerup.com/195437/ek-unveils-the-ek-ascendancy-water-cooling-control-board.html

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

I say SWEET!

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I really hope they get rid of that hideous green PCB, other than that it seems pretty cool. It will be interesting to see if it works better than the Aquaero.

Great software, but that green PCB doesn't appeal to me...

Specs: CPU: AMD FX 6300 Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A DS3P RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz GPU: MSI R9 270 OC edition Case: Sharkoon VS3-S SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB HDD: 1TB Caviar Blue PSU: Corsair CX500W

*If I say something that seems offensive, please don't take it seriously, it was most likely meant as a joke/sarcastically*

Things are at the least presented well if the first thing people bitch about is the colour of the pcb

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

Green pcb? Rookie mistake.

you probably wont see this part anyway but people who watercool will care about this.

anyway, smart move EK. The only thing is that they should have also included a waterflow meter.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(") This is Bunny.

you probably wont see this part anyway but people who watercool will care about this.

anyway, smart move EK. The only thing is that they should have also included a waterflow meter.

Custom profile creation, editing and management - from fan hysteresis to flow meter pulse tuning

I am guessing that's included.

Maybe they'll implement that into the software soon, isnt that what the fitting connections on the board are for? 

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

Custom profile creation, editing and management - from fan hysteresis to flow meter pulse tuning

I am guessing that's included.

•connect any industry standard flow meter (pulse sensing)

Im guessing its not and that's why that feature is included.

I do wonder why you va to add it to your loop then.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(") This is Bunny.

The colour of the PCB is nothing to be concerned about really. It's more costly to implement a different coloured PCB.

cool but the waterblock is overkill 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

If you're asking, the block is for the controller's VRM.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I'd get an extra monitor for that!

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

Cool idea, if that waterblock includes flow sensor. If it doesn't then it's a bit meh to be honest.

To me it sounds a bit silly to have water pass over to the controller only to cool things when you could provide the flow rate at the same time and remove the need to plug extra flow sensors and complicate the loop further.

Make it all black and add in an integrated temperature sensor and flow meter into the existing waterblockand and I'm all in.

bpm9LoN.png

Looks like they won't be keeping that green pcb :D

Spoiler
Spoiler

Project Depravity: £850 / ????? (03/12/2015) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo SE Red Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB MX Red Monitors: 3* Asus PG279Q Stand: Ergotech Triple Desk Stand Webcam: Logitch C920

Spoiler

RIP in kill: CPU: Single core Celeron M @1.73GHz RAM: 1GB (512MB x2) DDR2 SO-DIMM Motherboard: Asus MOCA-AR HDD: 160GB SATA2 5400rpm

Spoiler

Current System: CPU: Intel i5-4690K Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1866MHz GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 960 4GB SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M Case: Corsair 200R Windowed MonitorLG 22MP55HQ 22" IPS + HP w19 MouseRoccat Savu Keyboard: Corsair Raptor K30 Mouse Pad: Perixx DX-1000XXL Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 

Needs its own housing and linux suport i boot into both dont need it going at max speeds cuz linux cant control it

sexy pcb in my opinion...

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

Maybe they'll implement that into the software soon, isnt that what the fitting connections on the board are for? 

It's for cooling the VRM. Voltage regulation circuits that can supply that kind of wattage get very hot.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

So guys, where would this go in someone's case?

Also, a 6pin powers this baby. I'm a bit confused but does that mean we can use a 6pin GPU cable to power it? If not, what type of cable would it be? My PSU confuses me..

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

• 5 months later...