CableMod Alternative in Hong Kong?

As titled. I live in hk so it's kinda unreasonable to buy from cablemod then have it shipped here at half the price of the cables themselves. Anyone know of any good alternatives in hk I could pick up? I'm in need of some custom cables coz I built an itx system and am planning on custom looping it this coming Christmas but I gotta do something about the cable mess inside first. Thx!

What about DIY'ing it?

It's very time consuming but it's not that expensive and you can sleeve them as you please.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

36 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

What about DIY'ing it?

It's very time consuming but it's not that expensive and you can sleeve them as you please.

Exactly coz it's time consuming lol I'm juggling a few things at once, but I guess I'll have time during the few days of Christmas holiday. You think I can finish every cable in time?

32 minutes ago, WillBlake said:

Exactly coz it's time consuming lol I'm juggling a few things at once, but I guess I'll have time during the few days of Christmas holiday. You think I can finish every cable in time?

You can try places like Taoboa where there are sleeving services but as for other options you can just buy off the shelf and install. Bitfenix has their replacement kits and extension cables. 

20 minutes ago, W-L said:

You can try places like Taoboa where there are sleeving services but as for other options you can just buy off the shelf and install. Bitfenix has their replacement kits and extension cables. 

Really don't know about the quality of taobao stuff tho. I mean even if I send this guy my cables to sleeve I might not be getting the same ones back (I've experienced this a few times in another department). Do you know where I could buy cables off the shelf?

1 hour ago, WillBlake said:

You can put 2 cables in 1 sleeve if the quality is decent, saves quite some time :P

Also if you decide to not shrink wrap the ends it might not look as good but it will save you even more time.

If you do both of these techniques it should be possible to sleeve them in a few hours :P

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

19 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

You can put 2 cables in 1 sleeve if the quality is decent, saves quite some time :P

Also if you decide to not shrink wrap the ends it might not look as good but it will save you even more time.

If you do both of these techniques it should be possible to sleeve them in a few hours :P

Ah that's cool! Thx!

3 hours ago, WillBlake said:

Really don't know about the quality of taobao stuff tho. I mean even if I send this guy my cables to sleeve I might not be getting the same ones back (I've experienced this a few times in another department). Do you know where I could buy cables off the shelf?

Your would need to check local places that carry their products, Cable Mod and other do have resellers in Asia.

https://cablemod.com/where-to-buy/

But cablemod is from hong kong.....

CPU: Intel Core i9-10900K  MOBO: ROG MAXIMUS XII FORMULA GPU: 2080ti Hall of Fame 10th anniversary limited edition  PSU: Asus ROG THOR 1200W  COOLER: Optimus foundation black acetal RADS: 3x EKWB CoolStream PE 360  LOOP: EKWB torque HDC fittings / EKWB ZMT 15,9/9,5mm / EKWB CryoFuel Clear MONITOR: Acer predator X34

11 hours ago, WillBlake said:

As titled. I live in hk so it's kinda unreasonable to buy from cablemod then have it shipped here at half the price of the cables themselves. Anyone know of any good alternatives in hk I could pick up? I'm in need of some custom cables coz I built an itx system and am planning on custom looping it this coming Christmas but I gotta do something about the cable mess inside first. Thx!

I think Moddiy is in HK. Not sure if they have pick up service or not. But they have sleeved cables, DIY kits & pre Sleeved Wires. It's the only place I know of in HK.

Current Build: Project Frost
Gaming Rig Build: Project Ice Dragon

8 hours ago, W-L said:

Your would need to check local places that carry their products, Cable Mod and other do have resellers in Asia.

https://cablemod.com/where-to-buy/

I did, the closest one is the taobao link and that's a dead link so I really don't know what's going on up there. 

5 hours ago, TheRedViper said:

I don't know about that since I can't find any company info. Their store policy does require that any purchase be conforming to the hk law which I found pretty confusing considering the closest store they listed is in mainland china.

3 hours ago, Revan654 said:

I think Moddiy is in HK. Not sure if they have pick up service or not. But they have sleeved cables, DIY kits & pre Sleeved Wires. It's the only place I know of in HK.

Ah nice thx! I've checked their site out looks pretty promising. And I just shot them an email hopefully I could get my cables soon!

8 hours ago, TheRedViper said:

I don't know about that since I can't find any company info. Their store policy does require that any purchase be conforming to the hk law which I found pretty confusing considering the closest store they listed is in mainland china.

The owners of Cablemod are based in Taiwan. Send them a message @CableMod and someone should be able to help you.

Official Profile for Addon Customs LTD and Custom Acrylics
Addon Customs -
Custom LED Lighting | Single colour and RGB available, hand sleeved | Now making Phanteks Case compatible LED KITS
Custom Acrylics - Custom computer parts | GPU backplates, Fan Grills, NZXT H440 Fascias and PSU covers | 3D printing and Laser Cutting Service available.

When I ordered my custom cables two weeks ago they shipped with dhl from hong kong

CPU: Intel Core i9-10900K  MOBO: ROG MAXIMUS XII FORMULA GPU: 2080ti Hall of Fame 10th anniversary limited edition  PSU: Asus ROG THOR 1200W  COOLER: Optimus foundation black acetal RADS: 3x EKWB CoolStream PE 360  LOOP: EKWB torque HDC fittings / EKWB ZMT 15,9/9,5mm / EKWB CryoFuel Clear MONITOR: Acer predator X34

2 hours ago, AddonCustoms said:

The owners of Cablemod are based in Taiwan. Send them a message @CableMod and someone should be able to help you.

Already done so:) Hopefully they get back to me soon.

1 hour ago, TheRedViper said:

When I ordered my custom cables two weeks ago they shipped with dhl from hong kong

Yeah I know that, doesn't necessarily means there's a store here tho. Might just be a storage facility for all I know.

2 hours ago, WillBlake said:

Already done so:) Hopefully they get back to me soon.

Yeah I know that, doesn't necessarily means there's a store here tho. Might just be a storage facility for all I know.

It was custom cables

9 hours ago, WillBlake said:

Ah nice thx! I've checked their site out looks pretty promising. And I just shot them an email hopefully I could get my cables soon!

No Problem, I have dealt with them many times before. There Customer Support is usually online 24/7 (The box in the lower right hand corner). If there not they usually get back to you within 6 hours.

There world wide store was located in Hong Kong, I know they recently moved (I'm guess there still in Hong Kong, just moved to a bigger factory).

-----

I personally don't care for CableMod since they use super thin sleeving & wiring. Only there own CableCombs work on there cables. Plus they crimp the sleeving to the terminal instead of using the burn method which holds the sleeving better.

I had a few Cablemod cables come apart due to them not being fully crimper to the terminal.

-----

@WillBlake

I personally favor MDPC-X for Sleeving with DarkSide Sleeving coming in second.

Here are a few places who use MDPC-X & hand craft the cables. All ship world wide.

Link: http://www.sleeving-japan.com/

Link: https://www.singularitycomputers.com/

Link: https://mod-one.com/

I know singularity shipping is about 12 dollars to 16 dollars US(About 20 AUD Dollar) to ship to the US. It's very likely it could be cheaper to ship to Hong Kong. They also one few shops who use gold plated terminals for sleeving instead of basic tin.

@WillBlake our global store orders do ship from Hong Kong, however we do not offer on location pick up at this time. Shoot an email to our support team to see how we can further help with this though. :)
Support@CableMod.com