DICE halts development of other projects to fix Battlefield 4

ThreePinkApples

Publisher Electronic Arts announced that DICE is halting development of all future projects and expansions until it sorts out issues currently affecting the PC and console versions of Battlefield 4.

This is kind of "cute". They show that they do an effort, I like that

Personally I don't have that many issues with BF4 now, but I see in the forums that people are screaming and whining away

What problems do you have?

And do you think they actually will be able to fix all the problems within a reasonable time?

Source:

PC Gamer

Polygon

Ryzen 7 5800X     Corsair H115i Platinum     ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)     G.Skill Trident Z 3600CL16 (@3800MHzCL16 and other tweaked timings)     

MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio    Corsair HX850     WD Black SN850 1TB     Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB     Samsung 840 EVO 500GB     Acer XB271HU 27" 1440p 165hz G-Sync     ASUS ProArt PA278QV     LG C8 55"     Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X Glass     Logitech G915      Logitech MX Vertical      Steelseries Arctis 7 Wireless 2019      Windows 10 Pro x64

Screw Battlefield give us Battlefront already! I'd rather them work on that and an era themed BF, we need ww2 again :(

Edit- It's my primary mp game, but still. Modern era shooters are getting redundant, atleast BF4 shoulda been BC3 imo

8320 @ 4.3ghz l Gigabyte 970a Ud3 l Hyper 212 Evo l R9 290 l 8gb RAM 1866 Vengeance l 1tb WD Black l 120gb Samsung Evo SSD l HX750 Gold PSU l 500d Arctic Case l Windows 8 OS l K65 and Blackwidow Keyboard l M65 and DeathAdder 2013 l Qck Steelseries l 24in Vizio Monitor 1080p

If only Activision would do the same with the fundamentally broken game Call OF Duty: Ghost...

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

Come to BF.

i haven't come to any of them I just mourn CÒD fans ;)

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

That's great! DICE is top notch quality! I think the problem here was EA being EA pushing the release date and giving DICE a shitton of projects.

I haven't had much problems with Battlefield 4 anymore. But I guess this is still a good thing to make sure that the game is completely fixed.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

First Release an unfinished game and then stop all other Projects gg DICE. BF4 is so fucked up...Attack Jets dominate the whole ground and the air, Hit detection and Netcode is HORIBLE, The Game still crashes on map changes, Attack helis are only usable with a gunner that has TV, anti air can snipe the Heli from 1000meters easily, 1 Stinger guy and Anti Air's Active Radar are enough to destroy an attack heli instantly, TV HORRIBLE Buggy still the same bugs that existe in bf3 (Hits not getting registered 70% of the time), In every game you see a Recon guy with his Intervention quickscoping the sh**t out of you and DICE doesn't even do anything against quickscoping.....Honestly Bf4 is a HORRIBLE release if you ask me. its even worse than the Bf3 Release and the Beta of Bf4. But ATLEAST they are trying to fix it...if they can do it

The funny thing is that the netcode was pretty good in the beta, but on release, horrible

Ryzen 7 5800X     Corsair H115i Platinum     ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)     G.Skill Trident Z 3600CL16 (@3800MHzCL16 and other tweaked timings)     

MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio    Corsair HX850     WD Black SN850 1TB     Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB     Samsung 840 EVO 500GB     Acer XB271HU 27" 1440p 165hz G-Sync     ASUS ProArt PA278QV     LG C8 55"     Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X Glass     Logitech G915      Logitech MX Vertical      Steelseries Arctis 7 Wireless 2019      Windows 10 Pro x64

THANK GOD. I was beginning to think i would be saying everyday. "Repeatedly crashing, Only in Battlefield 4"

PC Specs: - *NZXT Phantom 410 Black/Orange* - *AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz* - *CM Hyper 212 EVO* - *Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3* - *Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mHz* - *Gigabyte 780 Ti* - *Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm HDD* - *ModXStream PRO 600W PSU* -

Monitors: 2x BenQ GL2450 and 1x Some 22" 1080P Tv

Come to BF.

I already Cum to BF.

<-- Fanboy

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

What problems do you have?

I tried to play today, after the latest PC patch, and the game just crashed after 3 mins. Battle-log was terribly glitchy also; not letting me join servers for no apparent reason.

First Release an unfinished game and then stop all other Projects gg DICE. BF4 is so fucked up...Attack Jets dominate the whole ground and the air, Hit detection and Netcode is HORIBLE, The Game still crashes on map changes, Attack helis are only usable with a gunner that has TV, anti air can snipe the Heli from 1000meters easily, 1 Stinger guy and Anti Air's Active Radar are enough to destroy an attack heli instantly, TV HORRIBLE Buggy still the same bugs that existe in bf3 (Hits not getting registered 70% of the time), In every game you see a Recon guy with his Intervention quickscoping the sh**t out of you and DICE doesn't even do anything against quickscoping.....Honestly Bf4 is a HORRIBLE release if you ask me. its even worse than the Bf3 Release and the Beta of Bf4. But ATLEAST they are trying to fix it...if they can do it

It is not their fault, EA was pushing dice to get BF4 out before Cod. This resulted to both of the games turning out to shit.

Problem? My problem is lots of micro stutter (although it might just be AMD drivers) and the game deciding to randomly freeze and crash on me for no reason whatsoever.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

R8u9cr5.gif

I spoke to some of the DICE team when they were here for the Sydney event for BF3's private Launch party and asked about these netcode problems which did end up carrying over through BF3 and now into BF4.

Games like counterstrike have a much more accurate hit box due to the scale of the game. At first I thought it was just a great way to palm off the question but after 2 years of battlefield 3 and now playing on Battlefield 4 for a month you can begin to understand why this game will never ever have perfect net code.

To be honest they do try dam hard and do listen to the public and fix game breaking problems fairly fast, So this news is great to hear :)

Intel Core i7 4770K | Gigabyte R9 290 OC 4GB Windforce Edition | MSI Z87-G45 Gaming Mobo

Noctua NF-S12A FLX 120 + 140mm Fans | Corsair H100i CPU Cooler | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD | BitFenix Ghost Case

Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM-850 PSU | G. Skill Sniper 16GB (4x4GB) | AOC G2460PQU 144Hz Monitor

So does this mean they're halting development for Battlefront for now!? This is why EA messes up everything. They should have waited for DICE to finish up their game before releasing it, I mean considering how unimpressive CoD Ghost was. Now the other games DICE is working on will be messed up too and EA will force them to release those before they're ready. Good job EA. I guess we can say Star Wars has been EA'd

I got a better idea. Put a few on the BF4 Dev team so they can fix all the bugs and stuff and work on BATTLEFRONT! I still play Battlefront 2 on my PS2 and I would love to see a new version.

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

Great! But I'd rrather have them halt all other projects to work on battlefront and make it come out soon.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

This has been my only issue with BF4. No registration/hit markers. It's even worse now after the PC update yesterday.

So does this mean they're halting development for Battlefront for now!? This is why EA messes up everything. They should have waited for DICE to finish up their game before releasing it, I mean considering how unimpressive CoD Ghost was. Now the other games DICE is working on will be messed up too and EA will force them to release those before they're ready. Good job EA. I guess we can say Star Wars has been EA'd

Battlefront is being developed by some different people than the "new" DICE people, so it may be unaffected.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.