How to Under-Volt MSI GP72VR Leopard Pro-284 17.3?

Brama
53 minutes ago, Brama said:

Could someone help me under-volt my gaming laptop? Here is a link to it's specs MSI GP72VR Leopard Pro-284 

51 minutes ago, V4Rdot50 said:

Brama,

As V4dot50 said, Intel Extreme Tuning Utility is exactly what you need. I use it on my GS73VR, and I disable Intel turbo-boost Boost Power Max and undervolt by -.130 mv, and my device functions very well. This is all I do to keep my i7 6700HQ withing very good thermals.When gaming, I do use the MSI Dragon Center to force Cool Boost fan profile. I do notice it extend battery life a bit when doing work in class while on battery.

I've been using this for about 9 months, so I'm relatively experienced with it. Let me know if you have any questions or anything.

Also, if you're trying to reduce thermals, don't use the Turbo power profile, it OC's the GPU a bit, which can increase thermals as well.

IntelXTU.thumb.png.7cc68a2f8c9101cd37e93e2d863adf9d.png

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

I watched the video, and the video he recommended to watch first. All I did was undervolt the cpu to -0.110

I do have my battery power option to high performance. Should I have it set to balance?

Or, anything else I should turn on/off? I noticed "Pwer Limit throttling" is yellow. Should that be? if not how should I fix that?

CPUtest.png