Replacement for MX518 and a new keyboard

Mixzzz

I am in need of a new mouse and keyboard for my 2nd workstation(actually the 2nd seat at my multiseat setup). I have Logitech MX518 and some generic Logitech keyboard that is surprisingly good but since the 2nd workstation needs upgrade really badly, I just might upgrade the peripherals for myself.

I still like the MX518 and I'm not sure if I really need to upgrade it though, maybe just get a new mouse for the 2nd. I don't want to spend a ton of money and I don't like gamer and transformer type stuff really, I want something that looks like a regular mouse with forward and back buttons if possible, but feels nice in hand and has a good enough sensor.

As for the keyboard - Also don't really need gamery and red/black stuff. Backlight would be nice, probs mech(browns? havent followed the keyboard world for quite a while now :/) if I'm going to buy a new keyboard. Numpad is a must though - I use it fairly often. 

So start firing your suggestions :D

CPU: AMD R7 5800x | GPU: XFX 5500XT 4GB | RAM: 2x8GB Kingston Fury Renegade 3600MHz CL16 | Cooling: Deepcool Gammaxx L360 | MB: Aorus B550 Elite V2 | Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250gb & WD20EAZX | Case: Antec DF700

Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 460: Intel 6200U | 8GB | 256GB SSD | Active pen

Budget? Do you prefer wireless? Try the G602.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

I use a CM Storm Devastator for my keyboard and mouse, absolutely love it. It's also great for budgets. That is, if you don't require a Logitech keyboard..

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Naah, I prefer wired because of the few times the mouse decided to turn off while in csgo match :D There is no specific budget, something midrange probably as I dont want to spend tons of money.

CPU: AMD R7 5800x | GPU: XFX 5500XT 4GB | RAM: 2x8GB Kingston Fury Renegade 3600MHz CL16 | Cooling: Deepcool Gammaxx L360 | MB: Aorus B550 Elite V2 | Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250gb & WD20EAZX | Case: Antec DF700

Just now, Crunchy Dragon said:

I use a CM Storm Devastator for my keyboard and mouse, absolutely love it. It's also great for budgets. That is, if you don't require a Logitech keyboard..

I don't really require a logitech keyboard, it just happens to be so that both are logitech at the moment.

Just now, Mixzzz said:

I don't really require a logitech keyboard, it just happens to be so that both are logitech at the moment.

Go for the CM Storm Devastator! I've had mine for a couple years, never had any cause to regret it

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Just now, Crunchy Dragon said:

Go for the CM Storm Devastator! I've had mine for a couple years, never had any cause to regret it

Hmm, I'll think about it, was thinking about mech keyboard but seeing that they cost 100e+ I might just get this and deal with it :D Rather spend the money on car :D

g403

Sennheiser HD600 Logitech G304 White Anne Pro 2 LG27UL500

Ryzen 5 3600 + MSI B450i Gaming Plus AC in Fractal Design Nano S

3 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

+1 to this. I used a devastator combo for quite a while, no complaints for that price. Although the mouse cable did end up getting stripped by the edge of the edge of my old desk since it didn't have a braided cable.

If you wan't a different mouse try the Red Dragon M601. It's what I personally use, and for $12 you seriously can't beat it. It's not too gamery looking, 3 dpi settings, little bumps on the forward button on the side so you don't confuse the two, a braided cable, and even adjustable weights.

Currently majoring in computer networking. That's about it yeah. Not much goes on in my life.

Be sure to quote me if you want me to reply!

3 minutes ago, Sabron said:

g403

Hmm, good suggestion - gonna have to find some shop to try how it feels in hand.

2 minutes ago, kagarium said:

+1 to this. I used a devastator combo for quite a while, no complaints for that price. Although the mouse cable did end up getting stripped by the edge of the edge of my old desk since it didn't have a braided cable.

If you wan't a different mouse try the Red Dragon M601. It's what I personally use, and for $12 you seriously can't beat it. It's not too gamery looking, 3 dpi settings, little bumps on the forward button on the side so you don't confuse the two, a braided cable, and even adjustable weights.

Not thinking about that cheap either, might try out the g403 as suggested above