Full ATX Tower In a Apartment

Hello,

Does anyone have a ATX Full Tower and happen to live in a condo or apartment? I will be moving in a couple of years and am trying to decide if I should go ahead and ditch my big Thermaltake Level 10 GT full tower and get the Riotoro CR 1080 (I really like the looks of the case). I also like the Cooler Master XB EVO, but I can't show off my GPU like the Riotoro lets me. What are your thoughts?

I will more than likely be moving into an apartment and will need all the space I can get. I picked the Riotoro because of the small size yet it lets me have a 5.25" drive space as I do still use a BR/DVD/CD and I find using the USB drive is just too much trouble (plus it is slow, adds more to keep up with and it will get covered and lost) Let me know what you think, I thank you in advance.

FYI- watercooling will not be a factor (as much as I would love to do so).

TVwazhere, your input is appreciated.

Instructions for frustration management:  

1) Sit at desk.   2) Repeatedly slam forehead against desk.

I never said I was smart, just smart enough to be dangerous.

ORLY?

……..'|:::::::,': : : : : : :_„„-: : : : : : : : ~--„_: |'
………|::::::|: : : „--~~'''~~''''''''-„…_..„~''''''''''''¯|
………|:::::,':_„„-|: : :_„---~: : :|''¯¯''''|: ~---„_: ||
……..,~-,_/'': : : |:    ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) : |: : : :|:  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)): \..|
……../,'-,: : : : : ''-,_______,-'': : : : ''-„_____|
……..\: :|: : : : : : : : : : : : : :„: : : : :-,: : : : : : : ?
………',:': : : : : : : : : : : : :,-'__: : : :_',: : : : ;: ,'
……….'-,-': : : : : :___„-: : :'': : ¯''~~'': ': : ~--|'
………….|: ,: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :: :
………….'|: \: : : : : : : : -,„_„„-~~--~--„_: :: |
…………..|: \: : : : : : : : : : : :-------~: : : : : |
You have been visited by the propane god, I tell ya hwat. Repost this on 5 more profiles or Hank Hill will bring the propain.

- credit to, @Cinnabar Sonar

If it has a elevator then won't matter. Or just slowly carry it up the flight of stairs.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

1 minute ago, dual290x said:

Hello,

Does anyone have a ATX Full Tower and happen to live in a condo or apartment? I will be moving in a couple of years and am trying to decide if I should go ahead and ditch my big Thermaltake Level 10 GT full tower and get the Riotoro CR 1080 (I really like the looks of the case). I also like the Cooler Master XB EVO, but I can't show off my GPU like the Riotoro lets me. What are your thoughts?

I will more than likely be moving into an apartment and will need all the space I can get. I picked the Riotoro because of the small size yet it lets me have a 5.25" drive space as I do still use a BR/DVD/CD and I find using the USB drive is just too much trouble (plus it is slow, adds more to keep up with and it will get covered and lost) Let me know what you think, I thank you in advance.

FYI- watercooling will not be a factor (as much as I would love to do so).

TVwazhere, your input is appreciated.

(How'd you know I browse this sub forum frequently ;) )

The Riotoro CR1080 would be a good down size. Double check your CPU cooler though, it has a pretty small cpu cooler clearance even with the extra window extrusion. (an incredibly short 120mm)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Just now, NumLock21 said:

If it has a elevator then won't matter. Or just slowly carry it up the flight of stairs.

I'm more worried about the space in the apartment than actually taking it there. As there will be two people (including myself) and three dogs (hopefully the cat will kick the can before we have to go... not being mean... It's just between not liking cats and this f#cker not stopping his meowing!). We will more than likely have just two bedrooms.

ORLY?

You have been visited by the propane god, I tell ya hwat. Repost this on 5 more profiles or Hank Hill will bring the propain.

Just now, dual290x said:

I'm more worried about the space in the apartment than actually taking it there. As there will be two people (including myself) and three dogs (hopefully the cat will kick the can before we have to go... not being mean... It's just between not liking cats and this f#cker not stopping his meowing!). We will more than likely have just two bedrooms.

The case probably won't eat up a huge chunk of your new place so just keep the case. Like the Riotoro then make a excuse for a new build with that new case. :D

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

9 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

(How'd you know I browse this sub forum frequently ;) )

The Riotoro CR1080 would be a good down size. Double check your CPU cooler though, it has a pretty small cpu cooler clearance even with the extra window extrusion. (an incredibly short 120mm)

Got that covered, the gpu is reference and they state all reference coolers will fit. With my CPU cooler, I will replacing my behemoth of a cooler (Noctua NH-D15S) with the Noctua NH-D9L.

Dude, it was just a wild guess!

ORLY?

3 minutes ago, dual290x said:

Got that covered, the gpu is reference and they state all reference coolers will fit and I will replacing my behemoth of a cooler (Noctua NH-D15S) with the Noctua NH-D9L.

Dude, it was just a wild guess!

Well as long as you're not going to run out of HDD and SDD locations, I cant think of any reason not to (up-down grade? down-up grade?) It's a unique little case.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Your acting like its the size of 10 refrigerators. 

Unless your moving into a closet you should be fine. 

The amount of fans and heat can change a smaller rooms temp, especially if the doors closed, by about 5-10 degrees during extended gaming sessions.

If you have at least a studio apt, with about 350 and up sq ft youll be fine. 

I lived in a studio while my house was being remodeled. It was 350 sqft. I had a massive ikea galant desk, queen bed, love seat, table in the dining room, tv stand, night stand. Plus my motorcycle was behind my couch. I had plenty of room for myself and my german shepherd. 

Its all about how its laid out. May have to sit it on the floor if your desk doesnt have room. 

15 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

The case probably won't eat up a huge chunk of your new place so just keep the case. Like the Riotoro then make a excuse for a new build with that new case. :D

Have you owned this case? It's not gigantic but it can eat up some space.

2 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Well as long as you're not going to run out of HDD and SDD locations, I cant think of any reason not to (up-down grade? down-up grade?) It's a unique little case.

It can hold at least 5 solid state drives (including two 3.5-2.5 adapter) and I don't plan on going back to HDD's (to hold files and games) any time soon. Boy am I loving this all ssd machine.

ORLY?

1 hour ago, Katsunaka said:

Your acting like its the size of 10 refrigerators. 

Unless your moving into a closet you should be fine. 

The amount of fans and heat can change a smaller rooms temp, especially if the doors closed, by about 5-10 degrees during extended gaming sessions.

If you have at least a studio apt, with about 350 and up sq ft youll be fine. 

I lived in a studio while my house was being remodeled. It was 350 sqft. I had a massive ikea galant desk, queen bed, love seat, table in the dining room, tv stand, night stand. Plus my motorcycle was behind my couch. I had plenty of room for myself and my german shepherd. 

Its all about how its laid out. May have to sit it on the floor if your desk doesnt have room. 

You do make a point, and you are very right. However, I am a hoarder!  I do work on tools, and my truck, and plan on taking my rolling toolbox (and all my tools duh. :P ), desk, old school books that are still helpful, bed, firearms, scouting/camping stuff, water cooler with 5 five gallon water bottles, and my dresser. My biggest thing is that I don't know what I will be renting until about two months before I move, and with another person and three dogs I'd like to make as much room as possible. Better to be ready than to make changes when I get there.

Edited by dual290x
Remembered more items I will take with me.

ORLY?

1 minute ago, dual290x said:

You do make a point, and you are very right. However, I am a hoarder!  I do work on tools, and my truck, and plan on taking my rolling toolbox (and all my tools duh. :P ), desk, old school books that are still helpful, bed, firearms, scouting/camping stuff, and my dresser. My biggest thing is that I don't know what I will be renting until about two months before I move, and with another person and three dogs I'd like to make as much room as possible. Better to be ready than to make changes when I get there.

I am too. My garage is supposed to be 2 cars but currently its filled with motorcycles and parts. Mainly because I have a huge air compressor, and a motorcyle lift with all kinds of tools.(when my grandpa died, I got the house and tools. Since he was a handyman, he had alot of tools)  So my friends end up .making it the repair shop.

My office(at my house) is filled with pc parts from over the years.(dont open the closets, boxes might fall)

51 minutes ago, Katsunaka said:

I am too. My garage is supposed to be 2 cars but currently its filled with motorcycles and parts. Mainly because I have a huge air compressor, and a motorcyle lift with all kinds of tools.(when my grandpa died, I got the house and tools. Since he was a handyman, he had alot of tools)  So my friends end up .making it the repair shop.

My office(at my house) is filled with pc parts from over the years.(dont open the closets, boxes might fall)

Nice to meet a fellow hoarder! I am sorry to hear about your lose, but I am also very jealous of the inheritance!

I feel your pain about the closet.

Does anyone else have anything to add?

ORLY?

I have been rocking the Corsair 780T for the last three years out of a bedroom. An apartment will be no sweat for a full tower.

Main System-

Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PCMR Limited Edition

Motherboard: Asus X570 Crosshair VIII Hero WiFi

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X

GPU: Asus GeForce RTX 2080Ti Strix OC

RAM: 4x16GB (64GB) G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4 @ 3600MHz/C16

Storage: 1x Samsung 970 Evo 1TB NVMe M.2 SSD (OS), 4x Samsung 860 Evo 2TB SATA SSD

PSU: EVGA Supernova G3 1000

Cooling: Custom Loop, EKWB Quantum Velocity Copper/Plexi w/ D-RGB Upgrade Kit and Black Frame, EKWB Quantum Vector Strix Nickel/Acetal D-RGB w/ EKWB Strix Backplate in Black, Watercool MO-RA3 420 LT (180-200mm Fan Mount, Classic Black Grill High Version, Wall Mounting Bracket, Heatkiller Tube Mounting Bracket, PCIe Slot Terminal Adapter), Heatkiller Tube 200 w/ EKWB D5 PWM Pump, Bitspower Fittings, 6x EKWB Vardar X3M D-RGB 120mm Fans, 4x Noctua NF-A20 Chromax 200mm Fans, EKWB ZMT Tubing, EKWB HD-PETG Tubing

ITX System-

Case: NCase M1 V6.1

Motherboard: Asus X570 ROG Crosshair VIII Impact 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080Ti Founders Edition

RAM: 2x16GB (32GB) G.Skill Trident Z Neo @ 3600MHz/C16

Storage: 1x Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500GB NVMe m.2 SSD (OS), 1x Samsung 860 Evo 2TB m.2 SSD (Storage)

PSU: EVGA Supernova 650 GM (SFX)

Cooling: Custom Loop, Watercool Heatkiller IV Pro Black Copper (AM4), Watercool Heatkiller IV RTX 2080Ti Acetal Nickel w/ Black Backplate, 2x XSPC TX240 Radiators, Iceman Cooling Ice P5 Pump/Reservoir Combo, Bitspower Fittings, EKWB ZMT Tubing

• 1 month later...

I was just about to buy the Riotoro CR1080, then I remember the Silverstone GD09B... $#it!

Edited by dual290x

ORLY?

53 minutes ago, dual290x said:

I was just about to buy the Riotoro CR1080, then I remember the Silverstone GD09B... $#it!

The Riotoro would look better on a desk (and also take up less desk space) but the Silverstone would look better in a living room or home theater. You'll probably also have a harder time cable managing in the silverstone but since no one will see it, out of sight out of mind!

My pc room is up stairs in my house,I have carried up full towers and one super tower so far its not that.A fully built pc depending what all you got can be 30 to 60 lbs.I will say the aluminum cooler master atcs 840 i have is lighter then the old steel full toweraerocool masstige i had before,And i even have more hard drives and heavier weight pc stuff in the newer case.