Synergy, buy it for "life"

xxxHellcatsxxx
2 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

Judging from the "whats new" section, I am intrigued about the no more IP/Domain name. This is big for me as I need to use my Public IP of my home network to connect with my VPN connected laptop, even though the computers are only 2 feet apart as it doesnt allow me to use my LAN IP when connected through the VPN. This could really help me... I may upgrade to the 2nd version honestly... 

I definitely like the features they are advertising but if you followed synergy they were all supposed to be improvements to the original.

Just now, xxxHellcatsxxx said:

I definitely like the features they are advertising but if you followed synergy they were all supposed to be improvements to the original.

Maybe, but they have to make money some how to keep their business up.. You can't honestly see them continuing to be in business with the current model for very long. By this product for 49.99$ and get lifetime upgrades and no subscription requirement etc.... They would be out of business within 5 years easily. This will allow them to have a revenue stream to keep them afloat. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Makes you think, do you purchase a product or all its updates? I personally think it's the first, so while this is a somewhat shitty thing not to tell at first, were you really entitled to all updates to the program?

If Synergy 'original' keeps running, they have delivered the software to you. Does that entitle you to updates until the end of the universe? Debatable. 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I just sent them an email to see if they plan on upgrading users who purchased within a certain time frame. I understand being forced to change your business model, but I would have waited to purchase if I saw this post just 1 day ago.

2 minutes ago, Minibois said:

Makes you think, do you purchase a product or all its updates? I personally think it's the first, so while this is a somewhat shitty thing not to tell at first, were you really entitled to all updates to the program?

If Synergy 'original' keeps running, they have delivered the software to you. Does that entitle you to updates until the end of the universe? Debatable. 

This is why no company should ever use the term lifetime. Seems like such an easy thing to avoid.

11 minutes ago, nsinnott said:

just checked my account page and noticed that it now says I have a license for "Synergy 1 Basic" instead of "Synergy Basic" now... I also never got the email for the reduced price for 2 so..... this is annoying

The download section still hasn't been updated. Just says Synergy, not Synergy 1.

1 minute ago, Legendarypoet said:

I just sent them an email to see if they plan on upgrading users who purchased within a certain time frame. I understand being forced to change your business model, but I would have waited to purchase if I saw this post just 1 day ago.

Yea, this was just an email we got last night. I got mine and have been contemplating it.. I have been using Synergy for over a year now and have found a few bugs and worked with the Dev team on resolving them. 

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

4 minutes ago, Minibois said:

If that's what was advertised yes, if not no.

I'll wait for Synergy 3.

Oh wait...

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

just like any other company that makes software for this market..

teamviewer makes you get a new license with every (annual?) version bump, for an example.

also, i dont recall anyone getting upset over their lifetime key of windows XP not working for vista ;)

43 minutes ago, RAM555789 said:

Welcome to Capitalism

me confused wether it is a joke or if it actually is serious.

That asian man man.jpg

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

just like any other company that makes software for this market..

teamviewer makes you get a new license with every (annual?) version bump, for an example.

also, i dont recall anyone getting upset over their lifetime key of windows XP not working for vista ;)

First off, please go back to page 1 to reference similarities to Teamviewer.

Second, I purchased Windows XP not Windows. But I did purchase Synergy. 

Just now, Eduard the weeb said:

me confused wether it is a joke or if it actually is serious.

Its true. Capitalism runs the world and the business needs to generate revenue to stay in business. They wouldn't be generating anything with their current model. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Just now, legacy99 said:

Its true. Capitalism runs the world and the business needs to generate revenue to stay in business. They wouldn't be generating anything with their current model. 

Then stop selling "lifetime" access.

2 minutes ago, xxxHellcatsxxx said:

It's "litetime" as in you don't have to pay a annual subscriptions. The other one is version 2, so they interpret that as a new product. Malwarebytes used to be lifetime. now it's annual subscription.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

3 minutes ago, xxxHellcatsxxx said:

but technically the software is lifetime access. Once you buy it, its good for life and will/should work for the rest of your life.. will it? Probably not but that will more be due to architectural changes with Windows and software as opposed to the software. They may release updates to make it compatible with those, but wont release new features. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

22 minutes ago, xxxHellcatsxxx said:

your right. you purchased synergy, not synergy 2 :P 

Main Rig | Personal Build | Windows 10 | R7 2700x 3.7~4.3ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B450-I | 16gb DDR4 3200mhz | GTX 1080 FE | Coolermaster Elite 130 | Corsair H60 | WD Blue SN500 500GB NVMe SSD + 1tb WD Green HDD + 1tb WD Blue HDD

Laptop | HP m6-w102dx | Windows 10 | i7-5500u 2.4~3.0ghz | 8gb DDR3L | GT 930m 2gb| 120gb Sandisk SSD

Phone | Pixel 3 | Verizon | 64gb

By OP's logic, I should expect Logitech to send me an MX Master 2 any day now.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

7 minutes ago, SlipperyPete said:

your right. you purchased synergy, not synergy 2 :P 

But that's also not Synergy 1...

When I got Synergy they were on 0.x.x and wasn't charged again for Synergy 1.x.x. So why now for 2.x.x?

4 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

By OP's logic, I should expect Logitech to send me an MX Master 2 any day now.

Ya, you weren't expecting to get the MX Master 2 when you bought the first one. But I was Promised lifetime access to Synergy and NEW FEATURES when I purchased Synergy and there was no mention of a Synergy 1 and Synergy 2.

Just now, xxxHellcatsxxx said:

But I was Promised lifetime access to Synergy and NEW FEATURES when I purchased Synergy and there was no mention of a Synergy 1 and Synergy 2.

To your product. Synergy 2 isn't ypur product though. It's a new stack in their product portfolio. Any new features for Synergy, you still recieve.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

Just now, Drak3 said:

To your product. Synergy 2 isn't ypur product though. It's a new stack in their product portfolio. Any new features for Synergy, you still recieve.

So you're saying these Synergy 2 features could not in any way have been included in the original product I purchased?

So you're saying these Synergy 2 features could not in any way have been included in the original product I purchased?

That's irrelevant.

UWP could have been included into Windows 95 had Microsoft wanted. But they didn't, they released new versions to pay their developers for more features and to cut fat from the OS.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

37 minutes ago, xxxHellcatsxxx said:

you paid for synergy, you didnt pay for all the work the synergy devs will ever make, and you also didnt pay for synergy 2 ;)

maybe using the early windows 1, 2 and 3.x would be a better comparison?

You purchased lifetime access to Synergy. And you will get that. 

Synergy 2 is a completely different product, even if the features are similar. 

So I don't get why you're whining? You're getting the product as promised. 

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads.