2x8 pin gpu’s

Lidith Von Razzel

Hey yall,

Ill be getting the Asus Rog Strix 1080 TI next week to finish my build, and that gpu needs 2x8 pin power.

I have no experience with more than 1 connector on gou’s so yea...

I’m using the Corsair HX750 which comes with 8pin psu to 2x8 pin pci-e, can i use this or would i need to connect two 8 pin cables to and from the psu to the gpu?

CF516625-CC80-494E-A5DC-A0A43D307974.thumb.jpeg.23d238c67c0d169f654b5124f37e30d1.jpeg

Thanks in advance.

8 minutes ago, Lidith Von Razzel said:

Hey yall,

Ill be getting the Asus Rog Strix 1080 TI next week to finish my build, and that gpu needs 2x8 pin power.

I have no experience with more than 1 connector on gou’s so yea...

I’m using the Corsair HX750 which comes with 8pin psu to 2x8 pin pci-e, can i use this or would i need to connect two 8 pin cables to and from the psu to the gpu?

Thanks in advance.

you can definitely use it, that's why they made it like that. the cable can handle it

~i5-7600k @5GHz ~Be Quiet! Dark rock 3 ~MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G ~Gigabyte GA-Z270-gaming K3 ~Corsair Vengeance Red led ~NZXT S340 Elite

The connector is done like that so you can use the same cable (so to speak) for either a 6-pin or 8-pin PCIe connector.

Funnily enough, 6-pin and 8-pin are basically the same. 8-pin just has two extra ground pins for signaling (and maybe actually being a return channel).

You can use it, it is the intended purpose. But supposedly, using two individual 8 pins gives minute better power efficiency, according to JayzTwoCents.

Watercooling Pro & Keyboard Enthusiast!