New computer building, what cpu too choose ?

Hey everyone,

I wanna build a new computer the next month and I can't decide about what cpu should I go. I saw the Linus video about Should you upgrade to Ryzen and it confuse me. I want to play AA games at 3440x1440 (2k) mainly and stream/make video of League of legends sometimes. Money is not the problem here, but I can't decide from a Ryzen 5 1600x/Ryzen 7 1700x or a Intel i7-7740X because the Ryzen will be good at editing/streaming but the extra GHz (even without OC) from the I7 will boost my FPS when I don't stream. The rest of my build would be a GTX 1080 (or TI), 16GB DDR4 3200MHz Ram and a Corsair h100i V2.
Thank you all for your answering !

1 minute ago, Furonik17 said:

Hey everyone,

I wanna build a new computer the next month and I can't decide about what cpu should I go. I saw the Linus video about Should you upgrade to Ryzen and it confuse me. I want to play AA games at 3440x1440 (2k) mainly and stream/make video of League of legends sometimes. Money is not the problem here, but I can't decide from a Ryzen 5 1600x/Ryzen 7 1700x or a Intel i7-7740X because the Ryzen will be good at editing/streaming but the extra GHz (even without OC) from the I7 will boost my FPS when I don't stream. The rest of my build would be a GTX 1080 (or TI), 16GB DDR4 3200MHz Ram and a Corsair h100i V2.

If you're solely gaming then you'll want an intel chip (faster and usually cheaper) for the same price.
If you plan on doing video editing or something like that. You might want to consider the Ryzen. 
However wait for Covfefe Lake to come out in a month.

Also, 2K is 2048x1080p

8 minutes ago, scighera2 said:

If you're solely gaming then you'll want an intel chip (faster and usually cheaper) for the same price.
If you plan on doing video editing or something like that. You might want to consider the Ryzen. 
However wait for Covfefe Lake to come out in a month.

Also, 2K is 2048x1080p

Cowfey

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

I'm lonely, PM me to be my friend!

7740X is stupid piece of autistic garbage.

R5 1600/R7 1700 is very nice for any gaming, even streaming/ video rendering.

7700K/8700K for maximum gaming performance

Don't buy Apple M1 computers with 8GB of RAM

24 minutes ago, Furonik17 said:

Hey everyone,

My build is similar to yours the i7 7700k is a good one for everything