Kaspersky Lab founder and CEO Eugene Kaspersky accepts invitation to testify to the US Congress

Kaspersky Lab   

107 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever used any products of Kaspersky Lab?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you trust Kaspersky Lab products for the security of your personal computers at home or for your business computers?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Do you think Kaspersky Lab has been caught in the middle of a modern cold war and has become a victim of a silly witch hunt?

• Yes
    • No

16 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

I don't go around intentionally trying to infect a computer, no.  I operate off the philosophy that an AV is a backup, not the primary defense against viruses.  If my AV has caught a virus, it's only because I failed to block it myself.

How do you or anyone else can be of the view that they can block code? When you use a PC, on or off internet you are vulnerable not only by your personal use but also by others on your network or where you browse/share.

Anyway everyone has their own perspective and i respect that.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

I trust Kaspersky, in fact I'm on my fifth year of subscribing with them because when I had a free trial, they blocked about 5 consecutive network attacks to my computer and other computers I had in the network. It was really interesting because I'd forgotten it was installed.

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."

The government behind the CIA, DHS, NSA, FBI, etc etc etc is accusing a company - with little if any evidence other than being Russian - of working for a foreign government to spy on people...

Well, the US government are experts on espionage so maybe they might be on to something... I mean Moscow is all the way in Russia and we know how evil Russian hackers are. 

i have used one of their antiviruses once, for 5min, before i uninstalled it for Avast. dont remember why i did, but i did

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016