A8 9600 vs intel

BishopGM

Im building a very cheap pc thatt going to do minor work (excel and these stuff) and play mostly league of legends no triple A titles.....

i was an intel fanboy and since i bought my high end pc i wasnt staying up to date with the new cpu releases.....its gonna be a present 

so my budget is really small and i was hoping that the intergrated graphics would do the work for now.

the question is which should i go for a8 9600 or pentium g4600.....or something else my budget is around 90 euros

thanks in advance!

If you are going to rely on integrated graphics, and gaming is on the menu, I'd say get an A8 or A10. CPU-wise is weaker, but for office and similar it won't make a difference, and for gaming you'll be GPU-bound anyway. 

1 minute ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

If you are going to rely on integrated graphics, and gaming is on the menu, I'd say get an A8 or A10. CPU-wise is weaker, but for office and similar it won't make a difference, and for gaming you'll be GPU-bound anyway. 

he will stay with the intergrated graphics for sometime so prob A8 OR A10......it really is a weaker cpu than g4600? although it has 4 cores?

3 minutes ago, BishopGM said:

he will stay with the intergrated graphics for sometime so prob A8 OR A10......it really is a weaker cpu than g4600? although it has 4 cores?

Cores isn't anywhere to close to the most important metric, there's also clock speed and most importantly IPC. The G4600 has vastly higher IPC than the 9600

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

1 minute ago, DocSwag said:

Cores isn't anywhere to close to the most important metric, there's also clock speed and most importantly IPC. The G4600 has vastly higher IPC than the 9600

yeah i agree but i thought it would catch up a bit cause of this........if the g4600 doesnt have a big disadvantage at the intergrated i must go for it but i dont really know how it compares

1 minute ago, BishopGM said:

Well, it's weaker in single thread performance (remember these are still Excavator). The extra cores (yes, with some shared resources, but still) will help in multitasking and mtithreaded stuff. 

In practice, you can get a smooth experience from either as an office computer (especially with software becoming absurdly focused on graphic effects :P). An SSD instead of an HDD will make a far bigger difference to the user experience than any of these CPUs will ever make. 

2 minutes ago, BishopGM said:

yeah i agree but i thought it would catch up a bit cause of this........if the g4600 doesnt have a big disadvantage at the intergrated i must go for it but i dont really know how it compares

It does. I don't remember if it was Jayz2cents or someone else, but you can find a video in YouTube comparing gaming in integrated graphics. Or just look for good reviews for the 7xxx series of APUs (don't know if there is any good one for 9xxx yet). 

3 minutes ago, BishopGM said:

In gaming the 4600 will place similar to what the 6700k does and 9600 will place around 10-15% above the 7650k 

http://www.anandtech.com/show/9483/intel-skylake-review-6700k-6600k-ddr4-ddr3-ipc-6th-generation/20 

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, BishopGM said:

the difference seems really small to get wrapped over it

It's about 20-25% ish, and it's possible my 10-15% increase due to DDR4 is an underestimate since I know that the AMD APUs are VERY memory bottlenecked.

EDIT: Looked back and it's actually 35-40% ish.

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

1 minute ago, BishopGM said:

the difference seems really small to get wrapped over it

The a8 gets 80-100% higher FPS than the pendulum in those charts... 

None of them are the newer models you are considering, though, but that's the ballpark. 

2 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

None of them are the newer models you are considering, though, but that's the ballpark. 

oooo god damn just noticed ....didnt see it carefully before.......A8 HERE I COME

5 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

I don't see any 80-100%... Unless you're talking about the g3258.

That uses older iGPU that is much worse than that in the G4600, which is about the same to the one in the 6700k. Hence why I'm using the 6700k as a reference

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, BishopGM said:

oooo god damn just noticed ....didnt see it carefully before.......A8 HERE I COME

5 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

I don't see any 80-100%... Unless you're talking about the g3258.

I clearly said Pentium. 

That uses older iGPU that is much worse than that in the G4600

That is true. 

Here is a direct comparison between the 9600... and the 4560 (which has the 610,instead of the 630 of the 4600).

I dont know if the 630 puts it at a completely different level, but it's worth looking for a direct comparison, or at least comparable benchmarks for the actual models then.  

While the IPC of the Intel chip is higher, the Radeon graphics in said A8 and A10 is vastly better, which will give better performance in games overall. Even with the weaker CPU. 

2 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

O font know if the 630 puts it at a completely different level, but it's worth looking for a direct comparison, or at least comparable benchmarks for the actual models then.  

630 has double the EUs of the 610 so I think it's safe to say that using the 610 isn't a good way to estimate it xD 

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

If you are to go with Bristol Ridge, at least shoot for a B-350 motherboard.

You'll be giving your buddy an awesome upgrade path for the future.

Desktop:

AMD Ryzen 7 @ 3.9ghz 1.35v w/ Noctua NH-D15 SE AM4 Edition

ASUS STRIX X370-F GAMING Motherboard

ASUS STRIX Radeon RX 5700XT

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 3200

Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVME

2x4TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs

Corsair RM850X

Be Quiet Silent Base 800

Elgato HD60 Pro

Sceptre C305B-200UN Ultra Wide 2560x1080 200hz Monitor

Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum Keyboard

Logitech G903 Mouse

Oculus Rift CV1 w/ 3 Sensors + Earphones

Laptop:

Acer Nitro 5:

Intel Core I5-8300H

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 2666

Geforce GTX 1050ti 4GB

Intel 600p 256GB NVME

Seagate Firecuda 2TB SSHD

Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum

9 hours ago, DocSwag said:

630 has double the EUs of the 610 so I think it's safe to say that using the 610 isn't a good way to estimate it xD 

i will just wait a bit to see how the g4600 plays

10 hours ago, Jon Jon said:

If you are to go with Bristol Ridge, at least shoot for a B-350 motherboard.

You'll be giving your buddy an awesome upgrade path for the future.

i was so stressed of what i should buy that i told him already (not a surprise anymore) and he said that he would buy a gpu very soon so g4600