Advice Wanted for 14 Year Old

Judd

All I want to know is what do you think I should do, know, or think that will be helpful to me in the future. I don't care if you are rude saying just make sure it is helpful. Thanx.

1 minute ago, Judd said:

All I want to know is what do you think I should do, know, or think that will be helpful to me in the future. I don't care if you are rude saying just make sure it is helpful. Thanx.

What is the question?

What is the question

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

The question is what advice would you like to pass on to a teenager that may help him in life

I don't know how it got into the everything not Linux topic. There was never an option to choose the off topic area

1 minute ago, Dutch-stoner said:

Life advice no.2: learn how to ask questions.

this is huge.

never stop asking question, even if the question is stupid, if you dont know the answer, then ask.

it doesnt matter where you are, or how old you are. it will always look better if you ask, rather than try and end up fucking up cuz you were scared to ask

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

- Moved to Off Topic -

OP If you are wanting an answer to a particular question please ask that question so that you will receive an answer that you are looking for.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

5 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

OP If you are wanting an answer to a particular question please ask that question so that you will receive an answer that you are looking for.

Thanks for movement no it to the off topic are.

my question, if you had one thing you wish you would have done or what you wish you wouldn't have done, what would you change?

4 minutes ago, Judd said:

Thanks for movement no it to the off topic are.

my question, if you had one thing you wish you would have done or what you wish you wouldn't have done, what would you change?

Not sure how that has to do with your being 14 years old but...honestly nothing. Not that every thing in my life has gone perfectly, but it isn't worth dwelling on it. It has past and there's nothing I can do now that will change the lasting effects or the immediate outcome.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

2 minutes ago, Judd said:

do not commit your time to one employer. instead of working overtime it is better to have two jobs because companies collapse. industries collapse. we are in a period of change. not all people in leadership positions are there on merit and if they cant hustle or create a productive environment they will put you in the poor house.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

Remember that what you did in the past defines who you are today. Make the most of your time now since you can't take it back later. 

enjoy life, never look back, love your family, have fun but be safe(use your brain), always look for the best, love your self and above all else PARTYYYYYYY!!!!!!!! lol no just be a teen and enjoy life look ahead and don't do stupid things, you have a brain use it :D

I7 7700K @5.0ghz, Asus Z270-P, Corsair H115i, hyperX 16gb, Asus duel 1070, Nzxt H440

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/ZTsYD8

Try not to focus on memorizing things and instead focus on understanding them.

43 minutes ago, Judd said:

The question is what advice would you like to pass on to a teenager that may help him in life

1) Learn how compound interest works and know to fear it.

2) You won't listen to this advice.

3) You will wish you listened to this advice.

5 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Thanks for giving me a warning and a new fear

18 minutes ago, DarkHunter970 said:

Thanks for giving me a warning and a new fear

Pay a little less each month to 'afford it' better into your monthly budget and it costs you hundreds or THOUSANDS of dollars in the long run! BWA HA HA HA HA!

5 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Pay a little less each month to 'afford it' better into your monthly budget and it costs you hundreds or THOUSANDS of dollars in the long run! BWA HA HA HA HA!

I should certainly listen to your advice. I'm going to enter college next year. ^_^

5 minutes ago, DarkHunter970 said:

I should certainly listen to your advice. I'm going to enter college next year. ^_^

Student loans can be a very necessary thing, but you should try and pay them aggressively as possible.  My loans initially wanted a 9.5 year repayment term so the monthly payments would have been low but it'd have been on my back for a decade and cost a lot in interest (And Canadian student loans get some of the lowest interest rates) but when I've worked overitme, I've made extra payments.  When I got tax returns, I made extra payments.  When I got raises I increased the normal monthly payment size.  My loans will be paid off Nov 1st which will be less than 3 years total spent repaying.  I've saved myself thousands of dollars in interest.

Thanks all of you, I'm doing the compound interest thing with my stocks but I haven't thought about it the opposite way where it can be very bad. Thank you so much. And I actually listen to advice given to me.

15 here.

Life isn't fair. Deal with it. 

Night Fury 2.0:

Spoiler

Intel Core i5-6500 / Cryorig H7 / Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H / Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz / EVGA GTX 1070 SC / Fractal Design Define R5 / Adata SP550 240GB / WD Blue 500GB / WD Blue 1TB / EVGA 750GQ 

Daily Drivers:

Spoiler

Google Pixel XL 128GB / Jaybird Bluebuds X3 / Logitech MX Master / Sennheiser HD 598 / 

2 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

When dealing with credit, pyo.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.