Can I boot mac os for new pc(from a mac SSD)

I recently got a friend's mac book air, which he had broke it

I took out the SSD and think.

Can I boot mac os from this SSD? Or it wouldn't work..

Plz tell me cus I'm interest should I do this.

4 minutes ago, CarsonChan said:

You'll probably need hardware close to what the Mac Air had. I think it's not worth the trouble even if it does boot because you're not going to get any support and you'll probably have some unsupported hardware.

pretty sure the interface is not standard sata or pci. look it up on ifixit

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

If you can plug it in, it's good to boot, assuming you have a Mac. Even Windows doesn't cripple itself anymore (not usually, at least) whenever the hardware it's running on changes. 

Unless your booting that SSD from another mac, it will not boot. You can mount the SSD under the windows file system if you want to view files or wipe the SSD. But no, the SSD will not boot without apple specific hardware attached. You will probably get the prohibited emblem on boot.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[DESKTOP] CPU: Intel Core i7 8700k GPU: ASUS ROG 2080TI RAM: 64GB Corsair Fury DDR4 Mobo: Asus z390-A Prime

Storage:1x 1TB Samsung 990 Pro SSD 2x 1TB WD Black SSD, 2x 3Tb Seagate  HDD PSU: Seasonic 950W

Monitors: 2x Asus TUF Gaming 24" 1440p  144hz, 2x LG  75Hz 1080p LED

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[SERVER/NAS] CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K GPU: Nvidia 1060 6GB RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance Mobo: Asus z-170P D3

Storage:1x 1TB Western Digital SSD, 4x Ironwolf Pro 12Tb HDD, 2x 2TB WD Blue  PSU: Thermaltake 650W

[LAPTOP (MacBook Pro 16")] CPU: 2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9, RAM: 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, SSD: 2 TB

GPU: AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8GB Display: 16-inch (3072 x 1920)

On 9/9/2017 at 5:06 AM, CarsonChan said:

Apples policy is very clear here. Its against their TOS and also against the TOS of the LTT forums. We cant help you get this working basically is what I am saying. You would need to go to a forum specializing in Hackentosh's. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Locked.

FYI, putting a mac drive in a PC won't work ... saying more than that is against the Community Standards as hackintosh discussions aren't allowed;

Talking about piracy in general, broad details, is acceptable however the posting or discussing pirated/hacked/cracked or otherwise nefariously obtained content is not. This includes Windows content, games, hackintosh, etc. Also discussions regarding ways to avoid or block legitimately installed monitoring/tracking software or the like is also not allowed.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !