discord for tech related chatting

Danielvtheman

I have made a discord server where we can all talk about tech and maybe we can actually get Linus on this server if he wants to and i doubt he will but lets give it a shot here is the link 

https://discord.gg/nu8bwWM

Sincerely, Daniel V

we already have a unofficial LTT discord, aluminium's server, and zandos

@AluminiumTech @Zando Bob

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

1 minute ago, themctipers said:

But more servers more better, right?

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

1 minute ago, themctipers said:

But I like the idea, like an exlusive smallish server without all the spam

22 minutes ago, lolimpol said:

But I like the idea, like an exlusive smallish server without all the spam

Idk if you've ever been in the ltt discord but it's not spammy at all. Having more servers is just going to fragment the users. 

11 hours ago, bobhays said:

Idk if you've ever been in the ltt discord but it's not spammy at all. Having more servers is just going to fragment the users. 

In my experience, some people on LTT Discord are not the most friendly people ever.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

1 hour ago, AluminiumTech said:

In my experience, some people on LTT are not the most friendly people ever.

i'm not there often enough but after seeing this thread I checked it out again today. Ironically the first thing i saw was someone being warned not to spam haha.

Nope, you won't get any LMG staffers there. Not just like that. They've made it clear there won't be anything close to offical real-time chat. If you have ever seen Twitch chat during WAN show, that is how it would get. Spam and nothing less. Just wouldn't work.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

8 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Nope, you won't get any LMG staffers there. Not just like that. They've made it clear there won't be anything close to offical real-time chat. If you have ever seen Twitch chat during WAN show, that is how it would get. Spam and nothing less. Just wouldn't work.

that's why we want this small server, the others are just spam

1 minute ago, lolimpol said:

And how will you determine who gets in this "small server"? If its open to join, people will join. It might be 20 now, 50 next week, 100 after few weeks and soon at ~500 what @TAHIRMIA's server has.

Btw, size of server or anything like that won't change the fact. If Linus gets in, there will be spam. Only if you could have just reasonable, well behaving, maybe academic or seasoned people who won't start acting like fanboys... Then I can see it being without spam.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

7 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

And how will you determine who gets in this "small server"? If its open to join, people will join. It might be 20 now, 50 next week, 100 after few weeks and soon at ~500 what @TAHIRMIA's server has.

Btw, size of server or anything like that won't change the fact. If Linus gets in, there will be spam. Only if you could have just reasonable, well behaving, maybe academic or seasoned people who won't start acting like fanboys... Then I can see it being without spam.

haha, lbh, if this server gets 500 people, I'd be VERY VERY suprised. I'd buy you a hypothetical beer.

18 hours ago, lolimpol said:

We don't really have much spam and the little we do get is very rare.

Hello

There's multiple unofficial LTT servers?

*tries to figure out a way to blow up this rock I'm apparently living under*

Whose am I in?

59b44f8a492a7_LTTDiscordscreenshot2017-09-091330.thumb.png.2b04621cd8f8de8886412baa20a50b24.png

And what are the others like, compared/contrasted to this one?

(If I join them, I'll probably have to do it on my 2nd discord account, I hit the server limit a while ago on this one.)

I will strongly reccomend to NOT join the unoffical LTT discord, its a lot of shit there, well, at least in general chat when I was there last time.

Lukes discord is much better but far from as active

@PianoPlayer88Key that one is the big first unoffical one, you can see that Colton is in that one

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

31 minutes ago, Mihle said:

I will strongly reccomend to NOT join the unoffical LTT discord, its a lot of shit there, well, at least in general chat when I was there last time.

What do you mean? What was wrong with it??

1 hour ago, PianoPlayer88Key said:

There's multiple unofficial LTT servers?

*tries to figure out a way to blow up this rock I'm apparently living under*

Whose am I in?

-SNIP-

And what are the others like, compared/contrasted to this one?

(If I join them, I'll probably have to do it on my 2nd discord account, I hit the server limit a while ago on this one.)

You are in the one I created the biggest we have for the forum.

Hello

1 hour ago, TAHIRMIA said:

Last time I was there there was lots of toxic talk, bad talk around girls, little bit, racist stuff, an generally stuff that would have getting removed/warnings/band on this forum.

Tho, the computer chat wasn't bad. Apart from that if it isn't in a hurry you get better advice on the forum, and when I was there, the people that was the best at helping, slowly over time left probably because of the toxicness.

But I did see you online like one single time when I was there so you probably don't know what's going on....

Of things haven't changed the last months that is.

I am just talking about how it was before I left.

There was a time when the server was good.

But right now I would rather recommend for example Luke's server (is less active tho)

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

12 hours ago, TAHIRMIA said:

We don't really have much spam and the little we do get is very rare.

The server is so full of spam I resigned as a mod 

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

On 9/9/2017 at 0:41 AM, LoGiCalDrm said:

Not all tech related discord servers grow massively overnight.

Mine has been hovering around 60 people strong for over a month. It's grown but it's not growing out of control.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

6 hours ago, TAHIRMIA said:

Some of the mods on your server aren't very nice in my opinion. They tend to be a little aggressive and aren't super helpful.

Also, some people on your server may post more on other people's servers due to other servers having more relaxed rules.

I'm literally only on your server because I like to take inspiration from it. As in, see what appears to work, see what doesn't appear to work and perhaps implement what works in other servers.

Interacting with chat in your server is difficult and in my experience nobody responds in a timely fashion if at all.

Most members on the server appear to be inactive.

4 hours ago, Mihle said:

Last time I was there there was lots of toxic talk, bad talk around girls, little bit, racist stuff, an generally stuff that would have getting removed/warnings/band on this forum.

Yeah, the rules say one thing but mods enforce another on that server

Apart from that if it isn't in a hurry you get better advice on the forum

This ^^^

But I did see you online like one single time when I was there so you probably don't know what's going on....

I suspect this is the case. The owner may not have the time to personally oversee what's going on.

On 9/7/2017 at 11:04 PM, AluminiumTech said:

In my experience, some people on LTT Discord are not the most friendly people ever.

@LucasDerpYT banned here AND there. be happy :D 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

18 hours ago, Mihle said:

-SNIP-

18 hours ago, Clanscorpia said:

-SNIP-

The server is so full of spam I resigned as a mod 

14 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

-SNIP-

I appreciate the feedback and will look into improving things and hopefully have you back and be more active.xD

Hello