4K GAMING AT 120Hz - ON DIY MONITOR!?

1 hour ago, Ethann_AKA_CPU1 said:

Im actually gonna probably buy one for 1080 240hz specially with that price, this will be also nice for games like super smash bros

Yeah
Also with smash melee at 480hz and 540p would look buttery smooth (i think 540p is melee's native res)

1 minute ago, mosin40 said:

Yeah
Also with smash melee at 480hz and 540p would look buttery smooth (i think 540p is melee's native res)

the native res for playing ssbm is 480p but dolphin with it will be awesome

yeahyuz

Wowl there?

This video has been on the back burner for just shy of a month (orginally aired on FP on the 09/08). When I saw this video on my youtube feed, I assumed you fucked up and released a video on youtube and not FP, since I hadn't seen it before and it wasn't on the 1st page on the floatplane review list.

Why such the delay?

23 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

Wowl there?

This video has been on the back burner for just shy of a month (orginally aired on FP on the 09/08). When I saw this video on my youtube feed, I assumed you fucked up and released a video on youtube and not FP, since I hadn't seen it before and it wasn't on the 1st page on the floatplane review list.

Why such the delay?

I had asked for some corrections, LTT then wanted to attempt to repair the shipping damage and go for a reshoot, then decided instead to add text fixes. 

4 hours ago, Ethann_AKA_CPU1 said:

Im actually gonna probably buy one for 1080 240hz specially with that price, this will be also nice for games like super smash bros

Viewsonic has the cheapest 240hz display atm I believe, was $400 a little while ago, now $450
https://www.amazon.com/ViewSonic-XG2530-FreeSync-Monitor-DisplayPort/dp/B071DTCPP3/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&qid=1503852058&sr=8-2&keywords=viewsonic+xg2530&linkCode=sl1&tag=jokerprodu03-20&linkId=b2151a6a196ed71a35e1c0b62898adc6

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

I sent them an e-mail regarding free-sync. Which I'm not really sure while linus didn't mention/ask about it with it being a free/open standard...*Especially with what looks like a month to add it in*

" The tcon supports adaptive sync, but the input boards do not.  There may be an option to swap out the dp boards at a later date, but no promises on that.

Thanks,
zis

"

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

3 hours ago, mosin40 said:

Yeah

Does dolphin work above 60fps?

Spoiler

and I just bought the 39" panel T.T

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | AsRock B450M-Pro4 | Zotac GTX 3070 Ti

Shure SRH840A | Sennheiser Momentum 2 AEBT | LG C9 55"

Is it really motion blur or just a strange combination of panel refresh rate and camera shutter?

This feels a little too "Richard Stallman" for my tastes. I mean, that isn't bad per se; it's just more trouble than I would want to deal with on a regular basis. Even though I am an engineer and don't mind futzing with things, a lot of the time I prefer it when things "just work." For those that don't know -- you should at least read his entry on Wikipedia, but I digress -- rms won't use a piece of hardware (or any technology really) unless all the software is open source; When I say all, I mean ALL SOFTWARE: applications, OS, BIOS/UEFI, firmware...everything. This seems like the kind of thing that he would want in a piece of hardware (i.e. complete control over all aspects of the device).

• 10 months later...

how can i got monitor like you LINUS ,  

image.png