Litteraly a Watercooled PC (DER8AEUR Aqua Exhalare)

Go to solution Solved by GoodBytes,

Sorry, this was already posted a few days ago under the Tech News Section.

We don't allow multiple entries of the same news topic under this forum section, so the thread has been locked.

Seems like at Gamescom they were showing a PC cooled into a special liquid that is non-conductive. I know it's not water. I'm just suprised that no one is talking about that in any youtube channels i'm subscribed to. So, i wanted to share that with you guys!

Article that i found: https://www.cowcotland.com/news/59170/gamescom-2017-der8aeur-aqua-exhalare.html

Youtube video:  

That's been a thing for a while. Linus did a video on something similar. Luke had a PC like that when he first joined LTT many years ago...

EDIT: Though conventionally in those systems you still have heat sinks on the processors, still submerged though

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I want one.

@Slick you need one.

@spwath That stuff is way too sloshy to be mineral oil.

Edit: It boils into gas at 62 degrees (I assume C because French website). Definitely not mineral oil.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Just now, spwath said:

That's been a thing for a while. Linus did a video on something similar. Luke had a PC like that when he first joined LTT many years ago...

It seems like they're maybe trying to bring this to the public. It's probably been more than 2 years since Luke had a PC like that because I never saw that in my youtube feed lol.

Just now, Silveraga said:

It seems like they're maybe trying to bring this to the public. It's probably been more than 2 years since Luke had a PC like that because I never saw that in my youtube feed lol.

It was when luke first joined LTT, so like 6 ish or more years ago.

LTT did a video on one that was a kit, just like a year or so ago..

1 minute ago, Trik'Stari said:

I want one.

@Slick you need one.

@spwath That stuff is way too sloshy to be mineral oil.

Yeah, plus no heatsinks and you see the stuff boil

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Sorry, this was already posted a few days ago under the Tech News Section.

We don't allow multiple entries of the same news topic under this forum section, so the thread has been locked.