Jabra's earphones promise 18 hours non stop sound

soo, a set of wireless earplugs that last 18 hours,

i dont know about this but i dont know if it really will last 18 hours

i feel like companies test with really low quality sound resulting in less data being transferred thus resulting in less power being used.

so if high quality sound was being lisened to, more data gets transferred thus resulting in more power bing used.

but to be honest im not sure i am completly correct and if im not let me know below :)

you can listen for longer thanks to Jabra's Elite 25e headphones, which boast an impressive 18-hour battery life. This means that in theory, a single charge could be enough to see you through a whole week.

https://www.engadget.com/2017/08/31/jabras-latest-wireless-earphones-promise-18-hours-of-sound-Elite-25e/

Hell if my Easygo bluetooth headset is anything to go by i'd believe it. 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

8 minutes ago, BlazingBlob said:

soo, a set of wireless earplugs that last 18 hours,

i dont know about this but i dont know if it really will last 18 hours

i feel like companies test with really low quality sound resulting in less data being transferred thus resulting in less power being used.

so if high quality sound was being lisened to, more data gets transferred thus resulting in more power bing used.

but to be honest im not sure i am completly correct and if im not let me know below :)

https://www.engadget.com/2017/08/31/jabras-latest-wireless-earphones-promise-18-hours-of-sound-Elite-25e/

While I'd seriously love to believe this, I'll remain skeptical of any manufacturer's battery claims until an independent third party representing real-world consumer usage performs tests. This goes for cell phones and laptops as well, since no cell phone has lasted as long as the claim has been. Ditto for laptops too.

2 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

Now if only I had a wireless source of sound that lasted equally as long

Spotify Premium provides literally limitless sound for hours and hours and hours and hours. Same with other streaming services. :) 

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

1 minute ago, kirashi said:

While I'd seriously love to believe this, I'll remain skeptical of any manufacturer's battery claims until an independent third party representing real-world consumer usage performs tests. This goes for cell phones and laptops as well, since no cell phone has lasted as long as the claim has been. Ditto for laptops too.

Spotify Premium provides literally limitless sound for hours and hours and hours and hours. Same with other streaming services. :) 

Indeed.

But if I am using a laptop or PC, why in the hell would I be using ear buds when I could use either wired headphones that will always sound better, or play the sound through an actual stereo that will also always sound better. Now if my phone could play music for 18  hours straight without being plugged in, that would be nice for work but I kind of doubt it.

Now, if Nokia turns the brick into a smartphone with a ridiculous amount of battery life (If you're reading this Nokia, or someone who works for them, or someone who knows someone who works for them, please do this, a LOT of people would buy it if it), then maybe I'll get a phone that lasts that long whilst playing music.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

3 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

But if I am using a laptop or PC, why in the hell would I be using ear buds when I could use either wired headphones that will always sound better, or play the sound through an actual stereo that will also always sound better. Now if my phone could play music for 18  hours straight without being plugged in, that would be nice for work but I kind of doubt it.

Now, if Nokia turns the brick into a smartphone with a ridiculous amount of battery life (If you're reading this Nokia, or someone who works for them, or someone who knows someone who works for them, please do this, a LOT of people would buy it if it), then maybe I'll get a phone that lasts that long whilst playing music.

Absolutely echoing your sentiments too - I do enjoy using Bluetooth headphones when mowing the lawn or doing things around the house, but BT has too many connection quirks that bother me, forgetting battery life issues. Why can some devices reliably remember multiple phones while others can't? How can I force a device to connect with a certain phone or tablet vs. my laptop or computer if they're both in range of each other? Why do I have to re-pair BT devices just because Windows decides that the audio drivers are borken today? There's no standard other than the initial connection for BT devices which is really annoying and is one of the reasons I'd just rather use wired. You plug in and it just works.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

2 minutes ago, kirashi said:

Absolutely echoing your sentiments too - I do enjoy using Bluetooth headphones when mowing the lawn or doing things around the house, but BT has too many connection quirks that bother me, forgetting battery life issues. Why can some devices reliably remember multiple phones while others can't? How can I force a device to connect with a certain phone or tablet vs. my laptop or computer if they're both in range of each other? Why do I have to re-pair BT devices just because Windows decides that the audio drivers are borken today? There's no standard other than the initial connection for BT devices which is really annoying and is one of the reasons I'd just rather use wired. You plug in and it just works.

I love my Audio Technica's. Best $150 I ever spent.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs