Sony Xperia XZ1 and XZ1 Compact announced

running the snapdragon 835 o android oreo, 960 fps (720?) slowmo and expandable storage upto 256gb 4gb ram 64gb (32 on compact) internal, corning gorilla glass 5 WITH A WATER PROOF HEADPHONE HACK !

XZ1 compacy 720p display 4.6" for  $599.99  (£499.99 on sony website ) Oct 4th

XZ1  5.2-inch, 1080p $699.99  Sept 19th 

also seems to have a 3d scanning mode? 

i have been waiting for this phone for ages, am so excited to finally have another flagship hardware phone in compact form factor!

pitty theres less storage on the compact version as my current z5 just filled up with 32gb 

currently running the Z5 compact and  have friends with z5 and z5 premium, it will be nice to finally get the update hopefully there wont be any overheating issues with the snapdragon 835

https://www.sonymobile.com/gb/products/phones/xperia-xz1-compact/

https://www.sonymobile.com/gb/products/phones/xperia-xz1/

https://www.theverge.com/2017/8/31/16228234/sony-xperia-xz1-xz1-compact-android-oreo-ifa-2017

Edited by Halfblood11
Additional info added

oh yeah, i couldn't see when I looked ill add in above 

ive always been a fan of the compact phones, shame no one else does them other than Sony with flagship hardware, otherwise id probably have not waited this long 

The Compact is intriguing.

Shame the design is basically unchanged. I don't hate it but it's really starting to look a little dated after 4 years of what's basically a retuned version of "OmniBalance".

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

a little maybe, but i guess there only so many ways you can design a rectangle 

1 minute ago, goodtofufriday said:

Wonder of its worth upgrading from my x compact.... 

Assuming you're talking about the compact, it has a better processor, 1gb more RAM, 8mp wide angle front camera (instead of 5mp wide angle), a newer rear camera sensor that should be better, screen will likely be similar as it is the same resolution and isn't an HDR one & same sized battery. Really depends if you just want a new phone or not. Personally, I probably wouldn't as long as the one at the minute works fine.

what i want to see is shrink the top and bottom bezel a bit, increase the thickness and put a larger battery inside. this thing has enve larger dimension than xzs, come on sony!

It's very good though I'm more interested to see something more new in future. 

XZ1 is good though XZ Premium is awesome. Looking forward to see successor to that one.

Also, there's that 21:9 rumored Xperia X Ultra 
sony-xperia-x-ultra-r.jpg
But I'd like to see regular 16:9 aspect ratio with edge to edge screen.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Bezels too big...

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

i agree but it would be nice to have more screen, while not being an actual bigger phone friend recommended the s8 to me yesterday over these held my current z5 compact up to his and its more or less the same size

On 9/1/2017 at 1:34 PM, Fooshi said:

Also, I seem to be the only one who likes some bezels. Gives the phone a personality. If there's no bezel, they all might as well be the exact same phone. Bland as ****.

I'm with you, though for slightly different reasons.  I find it a pain to handle without bezels.  I have big hands, I want to grab some part of it that's not a touchscreen.  I also like the physical buttons on my S7 Active, versus on-screen buttons.

I like the fact that with the bezels i can reach from one side of the phone to the other without opening up and tapping all over the left handside of the screen and can almost type in bed all the time with it in one hand above my face without dropping it on my face