Shield Or PS Vita

AustinKZombie

Nvidia shield because of the amazing graphics, it can connect to your Nvidia gpu read the page: http://shield.nvidia.com/play-pc-games/

Specs:  CPU- AMD FX 8320 @ 3.5Ghz Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 GPU -EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB Superclocked  RAM- 16GB 1600MHz (4x4)  HD- Western Digital Blue Hard Drive 1TB  PSU - Corsair CX 750M Case: Corsair 300R OS-  Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Edition 2013 

depends on your usage scenario really, do you want to invest in games for a whole new platform? if not, get the Nvidia shield. BUT the shield limits you to home usage. You have to balance it out yourself, see what you want

I choose shield Because I already have a 3ds to play mobile games and the vita is only worth it If I had a ps3/4, I have a pc and it opens up a lot more possibilities

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

Vita. You can play PS1, PSP, and PS Vita games. On the go.

NVIDIA shield requires you to have the GPU and the great wi-fi for it to work great. Shield plus GPU will out cost the Vita by itself. 

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

Shield, because the Android gaming library is large and growing and you can stream from your PC which I find to be a really nice feature.  Also have you ever used a Vita?  I can't stand playing a game on it because the "controller" is terrible and small.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

3DS because it's games are more catered to on the go gaming.

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

Shield... whna use my 780s

and its android (more open platform)

Vita. You can play PS1, PSP, and PS Vita games. On the go.

NVIDIA shield requires you to have the GPU and the great wi-fi for it to work great. Shield plus GPU will out cost the Vita by itself. 

To be fair, you can play PS1 and many PSP games on the shield as well, without a PC connection.

Shield, and I will give you proper reasons in 3 weeks. (When I get my Shield)

I have it. I use it. I love it.

1. It allows me to stream games from my PC.

2. It has amazingly good speakers. They get very loud without distortion and have some bass.

3. It is, in all ways, a powerful Android device.

4. The built in controller is better than any handheld. I have used the Vita and I dislike it's flatness.

5. It's ergonomic.

6. It is more than a gaming machine. It's a competent entertainment machine.

7. The build quality is pristine.

8. They didn't try to squeeze a shitty camera into it.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

The reason i voted Vita is because i like having my own dedicated handheld console so i won't need any internet connections to play quality games. i have a vita and it has great games and more to come, i watched reviews and read about the Nvidia shield and its basically a mobile android phone with stick and buttons and support for streaming via GTX 6 series and up and it does it well.But Although the shield is more powerful than the vita there isn't much to show what it can really do.And the vita games look stunning running on that 5" OLED screen with great colors and true black and whites.I'm a simple guy at the moment and  if you're more on the pc side of gaming i could see where the shield can shine.

post-24371-0-91997600-1386568322.jpg

post-24371-0-85095300-1386568337_thumb.j

post-24371-0-32118100-1386568355_thumb.j

post-24371-0-99225200-1386568368.jpg

The reason i voted Vita is because i like having my own dedicated handheld console so i won't need any internet connections to play quality games. i have a vita and it has great games and more to come, i watched reviews and read about the Nvidia shield and its basically a mobile android phone with stick and buttons and support for streaming via GTX 6 series and up and it does it well.But Although the shield is more powerful than the vita there isn't much to show what it can really do.And the vita games look stunning running on that 5" OLED screen with great colors and true black and whites.I'm a simple guy at the moment and  if you're more on the pc side of gaming i could see where the shield can shine.

I'll admit I do wish the Shield had some games that pushed that Tegra 4 as far as it could go :(. Maybe some day :D

I'll admit I do wish the Shield had some games that pushed that Tegra 4 as far as it could go :(. Maybe some day :D

I don't think its gonna but project Logan will support PC games most likely strain of the next shield  

shield only makes sense if you have a game stream supporting GPU from Nvidia , and a good network.

PS vita only make sense if you have a PS4 or realy like a game that is exclusive to PS vita. 

Don't want to play any PC games on the the Shield. 

Don't want to play any Android game. 

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5

The Shield looks better for gaming IMO, better controls and feels more solid in your hand, if you have a GTX 660 and above plus a 5GHz router, its a no contest. This product is mainly targeted for the PC gamer. 

I'm know the Vita has better games on its own as compared to the Shield. It all comes down to what kind of hardware you already own. 

• I don't have an Nvidia card in my PC
  • I already have a Vita
  • I already have a PS3 and PS4

I think the answer is pretty clear what I lean towards. I was gushing when the Shield was announced when I watched the stream forever ago but what turns me off is how locked down it is. It would be far more tempting if the Shield worked with AMD cards. I refuse to buy a good midrange Nvidia card that costs hundreds of dollars when my 7950 works just fine and then invest an additional $350 on another piece of hardware. Also, the last thing I need is another handheld that I don't have time to play.

I know I'm the minority here since everyone here is "PC master race" blah blah (the phrase is growing tiring btw) but it works for me.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

Contrary to popular belief, Shield is shit for gaming on its own. It's just another generic Android device that can play Angry Birds.

Vita is quite a bit more powerful for gaming, and actually has games that take advantage of that power properly. For that reason, if you're really looking for a proper mobile gaming experience the Vita is the only option in my eyes.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

i vote shield 
because shield run Android and you can play android games with no lag

Hello there,I am Newbie about computer.please tech me  :)

Assuming you have a Nvidia card just adds to the fact you should get a shield. You can stream any game on your pc with little lag and it also plays any regularly touch screen android game with the sticks and buttons.

PC Specs:

New Compact Build

CPU: i7 8700k (Delidded)  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 1070Ti ACX 3.0 Black  |  Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming  |  Case: EVGA Hadron Air    

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3000MHz  |  SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB  |  Monitor: ASUS PB287Q

OS: Windows 10  |  Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB  |  Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus  |  Headphones: Steelseries Arctis 5

Surface Book 2 15"

CPU: i7 8650U  |  GPU: GTX 1060M  |  RAM: 16GB DDR3

Assuming you have a Nvidia card just adds to the fact you should get a shield. You can stream any game on your pc with little lag and it also plays any regularly touch screen android game with the sticks and buttons.

And this functionality is completely non-existent as soon as you leave your home.

Shield is cool, but it's not even slightly comparable with a Vita or 3DS I'm afraid. It's just an Android phone slapped on to a controller.

And this functionality is completely non-existent as soon as you leave your home.

Shield is cool, but it's not even slightly comparable with a Vita or 3DS I'm afraid. It's just an Android phone slapped on to a controller.

Wrong in so many ways. If you even go on Youtube you'd know that they're adding the ability to use it anywhere there is an internet connection, it also plays any android game, and the vita has very expensive memory cards and there aren't that many games for it.

PC Specs:

New Compact Build

CPU: i7 8700k (Delidded)  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 1070Ti ACX 3.0 Black  |  Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming  |  Case: EVGA Hadron Air    

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3000MHz  |  SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB  |  Monitor: ASUS PB287Q

OS: Windows 10  |  Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB  |  Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus  |  Headphones: Steelseries Arctis 5

Surface Book 2 15"

CPU: i7 8650U  |  GPU: GTX 1060M  |  RAM: 16GB DDR3

Wrong in so many ways. If you even go on Youtube you'd know that they're adding the ability to use it anywhere there is an internet connection, it also plays any android game, and the vita has very expensive memory cards and there aren't that many games for it.

Because naturally streaming video games over cellular networks won't kill your data allowance, have hideous latency issues and frequently disconnect when you have less than optimal signal.

Unless you want to use public WiFi. In whicy case good luck streaming your game on dat there 2Mbps connection.

It's a ridiculous notion. It can't happen. It would require a literal revolution in streaming technology or the immense overhauling of every aspect of cellular networks.

Vita works outside, and it always works outside. The games library is stronger than many realise, and has quite a few high quality titles such as killzone mercenary.

As I said, they're incomparable. Vita is a handheld console, shield is a PC game streaming device. The former works as such no matter where it is being used, the latter is exclusively such only when in the home.

Contrary to popular belief, Shield is shit for gaming on its own. It's just another generic Android device that can play Angry Birds.

Vita is quite a bit more powerful for gaming, and actually has games that take advantage of that power properly. For that reason, if you're really looking for a proper mobile gaming experience the Vita is the only option in my eyes.

THIS! Vita is an actual gaming machine. How many people really want to stream their PC games to a tiny screen with a control pad instead of KBM? I play PC games BECAUSE of KBM and the large screen!  :D

The Vita has some compelling exclusive games that many people will want to play. 

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5