Shield Or PS Vita

AustinKZombie

I thought the streaming feature was exclusive to GeForce card owners?

You can still use the device without streaming. This isn't rocket science. There is also software out there to let you do similar streaming with any graphics card. It's a full android device.

• 2 weeks later...

Shield can emulate a PSP or a DS and if you have a good PC with a GTX graphics card, you can't beat it! I have a Shield, a Vita, and a 3DS XL though. They are all great for different things.

I have both a Shield and Vita and the Vita gets more usage mostly because the Shield's main draw of playing PC titles is completely useless outside of the home.  Until the GRID Beta starts really taking off, Nvidia still has much to do if they want to take customers away from Sony and Nintendo.

Current Rig
AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming WiFi 2 - 32 GB GSkill TridentZ RGB
GeForce RTX 3080 - WD Black SN850 1TB  - Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL

'PS Now' is supposed to stream to tablets, so you might be able to play PS Vita games on the Shield. 

Dream-phone: USB type-c (3.1), 1440p, 5-inch, removable battery, 32gb RAMdrive, sd card slot, stock Android, transparent atomic purple build, 9050 mah battery, waterproof AF, nuclear powered, ac wifi is fine.
                           OR a one-of-a-kind iphone that runs Android.

• 2 weeks later...

Shield, It's an amazing device, opening up the path for true android gaming, without being limited to the horrendous hardware and display in both the vita and 3ds. maybe around the time the 2nd or 3rd gen shield is out, android will see triple A titles being brought to it, the pc streaming aspect is meaningless to me (although it works beautifully)

P.S. I own a vita as well 

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a Vita the first month it came out. Yeah it has those dull moments with games but overall I love it. I don't really care for the shield, cause its pretty much like having a android phone. I just connected a ps3 controller to my note 3 for stuff like that.