ASUS Rampage IV Extreme Black Edition - where to buy

LinusTech

Damn the shops here only gets extra stock at end of december.Could only get a gene.

I will heil anyone who run this board with 1GB of RAM,a Xeon e5-2637v1(dual core),and a GeForce 6800GT.

This is a premium board?I have actually planned to get it for a low end server.However they were snatched from the store too fast for me to abuse one of them.

Dat motherboard !

Thanks for the unboxing, great as usual !

Desktop : i5 3570K@4.3GHz, ASRock Z77 Extreme 4, Sapphire R9 290, 2*4Gb DDR3 1866mhz, Intel 335 180gb, 2*1tb, all wrapped up in a Corsair Air 540 and fed by a Seasonic Platinum P760,  Windows 8.1 Pro

Laptop : i7 4700MQ, 2*4gb DDR3 Sodimm 1600mhz, Nvidia GTX780m, 70% Gamut Full HD Matte Display, 2*128gb Sandisk Ultra Plus, 1*256gb mSATA Crucial M500, Fedora 20 & Windows 8.1 Pro

NCIX: http://bit.ly/1jX2vKs

Amazon: http://amzn.to/1hquo0M

ASUS' Rampage IV Extreme Black Edition is the kind of product that if you already know you need it, you still don't need it... No one needs it.

That won't prevent anyone from WANTing it.... :P

I think you forgot to mention Mem OK button, but camera got great shot of it. Only suggestion of mine would be to take some time to show some features of this bored and what it can do compared to the others in another video. I know it would take alot of time, and you guys are always crammed with stuff, but it would be nice to see. Other than that great review. Haven't seen or heard too much about this motherboard so can't say if you missed any big points of it yet. Always here to try to help!

My opinion of it.. Pricing is too high first of all.. Maybe if it lowered a bit.. And not full 128gig RAM support? For that price point? Wonder why.. 

I feel like I need this... But I already have a MSi Big Bang Xpower II.... But I need this! D:

I might just win a lottery.. or like.. Get rich, Both sound good... Would you recommend this over other boards around the same price for what this does?

Here, take my money!

That board will be in my rig whenever I build a custom watercool rig.

Here, take my money!

That board will be in my rig whenever I build a custom watercool rig.

so u are going to change your R4E to R4B?

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

so u are going to change your R4E to R4B?

I will keep the RIVE and the 3930K and build a watercooled beast with the Black Edition and a 4930K in a 750D.

I'm aiming for at least 2 R9 290's. I'm not gonna buy everything new, I found a cheap demo ax1200 and I'm keeping an eye on some demo stuff.

That's the plan for 2014 anyway.

This is why I like unboxings! That board is less expensive than I thought it would be.

love to watch all the expensive things i'll never have...

Freelance Designer

i7 3770K-MSI z77A- GD65 - 16Gb team elite - MSI GTX 670 OC PE - Enermax 850 W - Corsair H60 - VenomRX HABU v3 NTX - 

Canon 7D - 18 200 mm - 50 mm f1.8

I thougth it had 12 Sata ports? (8 Sata 3 and 4 Sata 2)

My Pc: Cpu: I7 4790k @ 4,8 Ghz @1,25 volts, Motherboard: Maximus VII Formula, Graphicscard: 2x Titan X @1,4 at stock voltage (soon to be replaced), Ram: 32 gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 Cl 9, SSD: 2x 850 Pro 1 Tb in Raid 0, 2x Samsung 840 Evo 1 tb raid 1,, PSU: Corsair HXi Series 1000W 80+ Platinum, Case: H440. Soon to be watercooled again, maybe, probably, the Titans are too loud. 

I want to see comparision of most x79 boards. Noone ever did benchmarks to see which ones are the best and how bad others perform. How bad are really gigabyte (x79 ud3,ud5,ud7,up4,up5, G1.Assassin 2) boards? What's the performance of Asus Rampage IV Gene and Formula? How well perform MSI (Big Bang-XPower II, X79A-GD65 (8D), X79A-GD45 Plus, X79MA-GD45) boards compared to others? How good are Asrock x79 boards? What about EVGA x79 Dark, is it bad as the old x79 based boards made by EVGA? Everyone will say "Yeah RIVE is the best", well i believe that it is overpacked with features that most users never use, it is good for LN2 overclockers, and graphics cards overclockers because it can carry far high loads than normal board. Also price comparision with all recent boards. Since Ivy-Bridge based CPUs release there's need of a fresh comparision of all x79 boards because of the growing interess for them.

p.s. I do not believe that Gigabyte boards are bad at all.

That review was much more professional than usual...im not a fan :) 

My Stuff! :D

My Stuff
  • Main Build - Soon to change due to it being dead
  • 4790k @ 4.7Ghz
  • Corsair 750D
  • Swiftech H320
  • MSI Z97s SLI
  • 7950 Vapor-X
  • 16GB Corsair Vengance  Blue LP 1600Mhz 
  • 120GB Samsung 840
  • 2TB Seagate Barracuda
  • Corsair HX750
  •  
  • ​Peripherals
  • Logitech G700s
  • Bitfenix, Corsair, and Darkside cable extensions
  • Das Professional with Cherry MX Brown's & Custom Keycaps
  • 3x ASUS VS238H-P w/ Triple monitor mount in PLP
  • AudioTechnica ATH-M50's 
  • Blue Yeti Microphone
  • TurtleBeach PX3 Wireless
  • Logitech C920 Webcam 
  • Precision Audio Bookshelf Speakers 
  • AudioSource AMP-100
  • Logitech G27 Racing setup
  •  
  • Laptop - Acer 7750G-9855
  • i7 2630QM
  • AMD 6650M GPU
  • 120GB Samsung 840 EVO
  • 8GB RAM
  • Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 
  • Blu-ray Drive
  •  
  • Netbook - HP Pavillion DM1
  • AMD E-450 APU
  • 4GB RAM
  • 500gb HDD
  • Cell Phone - OnePlus One 
  • 5.5-inch 1080p Screen
  • Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor @2.5Ghz
  • 13 Megapixel rear camera
  • 5 megapixel wide angle front facing camera
  • 3100 mAh non-removal battery
  • AC wifi
  • Cell Phone #2 - Nexus 5
  • 5 Inch 1080p Screen
  • Snapdragon 800
  • 8 megapixel rear camera
  • 1.3 megapixel front camera
  • 2300 mAh non-removable battery
  • AC wifi
  • Upgrades for 2014
  • GTX 970
  • i7 4690k
  • 16gb RAM 
  • 1x 1440 or 1600p Monitor 
  • Das Mechanical Keyboard

Great review! , Just by looking at it...makes me just want to buy it right now..

Hey, pricing isn't that bad. Only $499. All I have to do is sell a kidney of mine.

This is the single, most sexiest motherboard, I have ever seen.

Intel Core i7 4770k | MSI Z87 | 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz  Kingston HyperX | GeForce GTX 780 | Fractal Design Define R4 | 1TB WD Blue | CX600 | Corsair H100i