ewwww... Best controller for PC Gaming

Jayliss

Im looking for your guys opinions on the best controller for pc.

3 minutes ago, Jayliss said:

Im looking for your guys opinions on the best controller for pc.

1339520-alpha1.jpg

lol jk

360/xbox controllers are natively supported in windows, ps4 works with a cable i think, and you can find software to have ps controllers emulate 360 controllers, but it adds a extra "point of failure"

otherwise it depends on the games you will play.. fighting games? flight simulators? driving simulators? farming  etc etc

Have you tried to perform a sudden temporary interrupt of the electricity flow to your computational device followed by a re-initialization procedure of the central processing unit and associated components?

Personal Rig Specs

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.8GHZ
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING
Graphics Card: Inno3D ICHILL GEFORCE GTX 1080 TI X3 ULTRA
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4 2x8GB @ 3GHZ
Storage: 2 x Samsung NVMe SSD 960 EVO 256GB in Raid | 2 x Seagate 4TB Expansion Desktop 

(seagates are originally external drives removed from casing and installed internally)
PSU: Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W 
Case: Mission SG GGX 3.5 (same as Rosewill Cullinan or Anidees AI Crystal with other stock fans)
Cooling: Kraken X62 for CPU, Corsair H55 with NZXT Kraken G12 for GPU 

You can even get chinese wireless dongles for <$5 that use windows drivers and work plug-and-play with wireless 360 controllers.

Dual Shock 4 controller is the best one for me. The Xbox One controller might be a bit better, but the D-pad on the Xbox 360 controller is nearly useless.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

Honestly whatever you prefer. I personally use Xbox one controllers and if you prefer wireless, you can occasionally find them on sale bundled with a wireless dongle for around $30-40

do you guys know if any controllers have better response times than others?

17 minutes ago, Changis said:

1339520-alpha1.jpg

The fuck is that monstrosity?

HEADS UP, THIS ACCOUNT IS INACTIVE NOW

I'm keeping everything else the way it was for anyone who might check out my answers in future, but I won't be using LTT.

Don't forget to quote me when replying to me!

Please explain your question fully, so I can answer it fully.

PSU Tier List Cooler Tier List SSD Tier List  My Specs Below!

Spoiler

My PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.2GHz

Cooler: Stock Wraith Spire

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3000mHz 16GB DDR4 (2x8GB) RGB

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X370-F Gaming ATX

SSD: Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5"

HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB 7200rpm

GPU: Asus ROG Strix OC GTX 1060 6GB

Case: Cooler Master H500P

PSU: Corsair RM650i 650W 80+ Gold Fully Modular

Fans: 4x Cooler Master Masterfan Pro 120 Air Balance

Spoiler

Potato Laptop (Samsung Series 5 Ultrabook, 2013):

CPU: Intel Ivy Bridge i5 3337U @ 1.8GHz

RAM: 8GB DDR3 2133mhz SODIMM (1x4GB Samsung, 1x4GB Kingston)

SSD: Kingston 24GB SSD (originally for caching)

HDD: HGST 500GB 5400rpm

GPU: Intel HD 4000 Graphics

I have gotten so used to my ps3 controller over the years that i havent bothered buying a xbox controller. So for me its the dualshock 3. For someone who is buying a new controller and doesn't have a preference i would imagine that the xbox controller would be best.

Xbox One controller is so seamless and easy to use with windows 10... not sure why you would want to look for anything else unless that controller somehow doesn't have enough buttons or features for your specific use. Its what I use to play my casual RPG's and whatnot like Fallout 4, ROTTR, and even recently the FFX/X-2 remasters.

10 minutes ago, JaegerB said:

It's a uhh... Judging by the upside down E, looks like something that Internet Explo- Ahem... Microsoft Edge would use...

And then there's THIS thing.

download (25).jpg

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."

Why has the steam controller not been mentioned? It's functionally equivalent to a PS3/PS4/XB360/XB1 controller for games that use controllers, but then you can also totally remix and customize it for games that don't... The track pads take a bit to get used to, but once you do they're waaaaaaaaaaay better than analogue sticks. Plus gyro aiming for fps. >:)

Just now, Hiitchy said:

It's a uhh... Judging by the upside down E, looks like something that Internet Explo- Ahem... Microsoft Edge would use...

And then there's THIS thing.

Colorful strikes again with hideous coolers....

HEADS UP, THIS ACCOUNT IS INACTIVE NOW

I'm keeping everything else the way it was for anyone who might check out my answers in future, but I won't be using LTT.

Don't forget to quote me when replying to me!

Please explain your question fully, so I can answer it fully.

PSU Tier List Cooler Tier List SSD Tier List  My Specs Below!

Spoiler

My PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.2GHz

Cooler: Stock Wraith Spire

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3000mHz 16GB DDR4 (2x8GB) RGB

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X370-F Gaming ATX

SSD: Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5"

HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB 7200rpm

GPU: Asus ROG Strix OC GTX 1060 6GB

Case: Cooler Master H500P

PSU: Corsair RM650i 650W 80+ Gold Fully Modular

Fans: 4x Cooler Master Masterfan Pro 120 Air Balance

Spoiler

Potato Laptop (Samsung Series 5 Ultrabook, 2013):

CPU: Intel Ivy Bridge i5 3337U @ 1.8GHz

RAM: 8GB DDR3 2133mhz SODIMM (1x4GB Samsung, 1x4GB Kingston)

SSD: Kingston 24GB SSD (originally for caching)

HDD: HGST 500GB 5400rpm

GPU: Intel HD 4000 Graphics

Just now, Sniperfox47 said:

Why has the steam controller not been mentioned? It's functionally equivalent to a PS3/PS4/XB360/XB1 controller for games that use controllers, but then you can also totally remix and customize it for games that don't... The track pads take a bit to get used to, but once you do they're waaaaaaaaaaay better than analogue sticks. Plus gyro aiming for fps. >:)

Because it's not available outside US?

Xbox 360 is still the best option for people around the world, it's relatively easy to find replacement for broken parts too.

5 minutes ago, Blebekblebek said:

Because it's not available outside US?

Xbox 360 is still the best option for people around the world, it's relatively easy to find replacement for broken parts too.

It is available outside of the US. I live in France and happy owner of Steam Controller (you can buy it from the steam store or amazon for example). Easy customization, great product. I only use SC and my mouse and keyboard. For me it's also the best couch controller since I can browse easily the internet and netflix from far away :)
But people be people, try before you buy if you can. Everybody got their own preferences and it's great like this. I just happened to love SC for many, many reasons and can't go back to other controllers since then

I used my DS4 that came with my PS4, but I never liked the fact that I had to reconnect my controller every time I wanted to play on the console/PC. So, I bought Xbox One controller and so far I've been very happy with it. Windows 10 natively supports it, practically all games have the Xbox buttons, but only a few support DS4. Also I like the fact that the Xbox one controller is bigger than the Dualshock 4. Fits into my hands better. If you don't want to pay that 60 euros/dollars, you can buy an Xbox 360 controller, they are pretty much the same. I just like using my controller wirelessly since my mobo supports bluetooth.

My stuff:

Spoiler

CPU :  Intel i5 8400 | GPU : MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB

RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 3600MHz

Mouse : Logitech G502 HERO SE | Keyboard : Mountain Everest Max w/ Cherry MX Brown

Headset : Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro 250Ω w/ AT2020USB+

Monitor : Acer XF240H @  144Hz

TBH I find the 360 controller (or 360-esque) ones to be more comforatble than the PS3 (Dualshock 3) one.

Only play Elite Dangerous with a controller though

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

I use an Xbox One controller, the plug and play compatibility is great, as is the fact I don't have to plug anything in because it connects via bluetooth.

54 minutes ago, JaegerB said:

what? the AlphaGrip AG-5? get a grip ;)

Have you tried to perform a sudden temporary interrupt of the electricity flow to your computational device followed by a re-initialization procedure of the central processing unit and associated components?

Personal Rig Specs

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.8GHZ
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING
Graphics Card: Inno3D ICHILL GEFORCE GTX 1080 TI X3 ULTRA
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4 2x8GB @ 3GHZ
Storage: 2 x Samsung NVMe SSD 960 EVO 256GB in Raid | 2 x Seagate 4TB Expansion Desktop 

(seagates are originally external drives removed from casing and installed internally)
PSU: Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W 
Case: Mission SG GGX 3.5 (same as Rosewill Cullinan or Anidees AI Crystal with other stock fans)
Cooling: Kraken X62 for CPU, Corsair H55 with NZXT Kraken G12 for GPU 

yeah id also gt the 360 controller. i had it and it was awesome then someone lost it and now i have the one controller and have to constantly remap key bindings so it works with games that were made for 360

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

For most people the first controller they use will be more than enough, as long as it isn't atrocious. Your hands will get used to the controller's layout pretty quickly. If you're looking to buy right now, both the Xbox one controller and the DualShock 4 are great options. You can use both natively on a PC with bluetooth. I personally prefer the DualShock 4 for the touchpad - it's great to use as a mouse from a distance!

Logitech F310 - no vibration

Logitech F510 - with vibration

Logitech F710 - wireless, not sure about vibration

all 3 are identical to PS3 controller

been using my F510 since 2011ish

Xbox One. Just works without any hassle, sits good in my hands and the shoulder buttons are imho way better than on Sony's controllers.

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!