Half Life 2: Episode 3 update?! (Updated 8/28)

n2a newt
23 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

- Snip -

I agree. But it's Gaben's game so whatever he says goes.

GABEN! If you're reading this please contact me, put me in your team and I'll help you finish HL3!

You can bark like a dog, but that won't make you a dog.

You can act like someone you're not, but that won't change who you are.

Finished Crysis without a discrete GPU,15 FPS average, and a lot of heart

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

For me I start with the "There's no way I'm not gonna spend $1,000 on a system."

Followed by the "Wow I need to buy the OS for a $100!?"

Then "Let's start with the 'best budget GPU' and 'best budget CPU' that actually fits what I think is my budget."

Realizing my budget is a lot less, I work my way to "I think these new games will run on a cheap ass CPU."

Then end with "The new parts launching next year is probably gonna be better and faster for the same price so I'll just buy next year."

On 8/25/2017 at 3:34 PM, Dan Castellaneta said:

There hasn't been any meaningful update to Team Fortess 2, Counter-Strike and Dota 2 in ages. I doubt there's any work being done on what we'll call "Episode 3".

are you ok?

dota 2 had 2 major updates in the last few years, with reborn and 7.0, and they just announced 2 new heroes.

its playerbase has been growing immensly and is the top played game on steam.

i dont care about the other 2 tho.

People, people, people.  You are all fools.  Don't you know that there will never be an Episode 3 or HL3?  It would literally defy the laws of physics and cause the universe to implode!  That, or Valve never learned to count past 2, take your pick.

I'm finally going to get closure on this issue, it's gone on far too long now. I'm going to play through HL and HL2 again (including Episodes) then I'll read up on this in full and then that's it, finite.

On 8/24/2017 at 10:38 PM, CUDA_Cores said:

Just remember, the day you die....

Half wlife three will be released xD

-MODERATED BY SELF-

Indus Monk = Indian+ Buddhist

11 hours ago, Arokhantos said:

They just don't know how to do that, sounds very easy to me just look at other games and surpass them, tbh that sounds really easy.

Maybe all the memes just added pressure since they can't think of anything original anymore.

Dota 2 card game, I mean come on, really Valve?

You can bark like a dog, but that won't make you a dog.

You can act like someone you're not, but that won't change who you are.

Finished Crysis without a discrete GPU,15 FPS average, and a lot of heart

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

For me I start with the "There's no way I'm not gonna spend $1,000 on a system."

Followed by the "Wow I need to buy the OS for a $100!?"

Then "Let's start with the 'best budget GPU' and 'best budget CPU' that actually fits what I think is my budget."

Realizing my budget is a lot less, I work my way to "I think these new games will run on a cheap ass CPU."

Then end with "The new parts launching next year is probably gonna be better and faster for the same price so I'll just buy next year."

i'm not going to read it but, i think someone should continue the story and then go talk to Gabe. 

It doesn't sound like a professional tie-in to Half-Life, to me. And Marc Laidlaw expressed surprise that people took it so seriously, commenting that it's "fan-fiction," inspired by a dream that he had.

"At this point, the resistance will have failed or succeeded, no thanks to me."

Kind of discounts the role Freeman played in Half-Life 2.

I think Marc was just being creative and writing a fan-fiction short story.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

Sort of gave me closure. Sort of.

But I'd rather get dissappointed with a game that's released then this infinite tease: ePRH1TR.png

Even if HL3/HL2E3 was a flop or a bummer, well shit. That happens all the time with video games. HL3 does not need to be the absolute greatest video game of all time, it just needs to be a good game, with a nice storyline to conclude shit, and lets say with the story/fan fiction mr Laidlaw wrote I think we could have gotten a good game out of it.

Most of us would probably be happy with Valve releasing a decent singleplayer game instead of a card game..

Specs

i9 9900K 5.1GHz 0 AVX offset

ASUS MAXIMUS APEX XI

Custom watercooling (360mm, 60mm thicc)

EVGA GTX1080 FTW DT

EVGA T2 1000W Platinum PSU

3200MHz G.Skill RGB B-die

Samsung 970 Pro 512GB

Samsung 860 EVO 2TB

Crucial MX300 1TB

half-life-3-i-want-to-believe.jpg.84ed357dddebcac7f0beb93b37b30318.jpg

Spoiler

Quiet Whirl | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Mobo: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 Mhz Graphics card: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO PSU: Corsair RMx Series RM550x Case: Be quiet! Pure Base 600

Buffed HPHP ProBook 430 G4 | CPU: Intel Core i3-7100U RAM: 4GB DDR4 2133Mhz GPU: Intel HD 620 SSD: Some 128GB M.2 SATA

Retired:

Melting plastic | Lenovo IdeaPad Z580 | CPU: Intel Core i7-3630QM RAM: 8GB DDR3 GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 640M HDD: Western Digital 1TB

The Roaring Beast | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690 (BCLK @ 104MHz = 4,05GHz) Cooler: Akasa X3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H RAM: Kingston 16GB DDR3 (2x8GB) Graphics card: Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB (Core: +130MHz, Mem: +230MHz) SSHD: Seagate 1TB SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB HHD: WD Red 4TB PSU: Fractal Design Essence 500W Case: Zalman Z11 Plus