Just got skyrim. what mods to get?

ShiverMePenguins

That increase the visual experience, without taking any real hit on performance? right now i only have a 7790 so i want to be able to either get fps boosts, or just general visual quality upgrades without hitting my performance. what mods in the steam workshop should i look for?

CPU: Intel i7-4770k MOBO: Asus Maximus VI Formula RAM: G.Skill RipJawsX 2x8GB 1600Mhz GPU: Asus GTX 780 DCuII CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Primo STORAGE: ADATA SX900 256GB / WD Caviar Blue 1TB PSU: Corsair AX760 760W MONITOR: Dell Ultrasharp U2312HM KEYBOARD: Ducky Shine 3 MOUSE: Logitech G602 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/106614-project-insert-name-enthoo-primo-rigid-acrylic-red/

frostfall and realisti needs and diseas are must have.

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

If you have dawnguard then immersive creatures. Skyrim Redone is great. Also Race Menu. Ultimate Combat is a must if you feel original skyrim is too easy. Also Deadly Dragons is nice. Wearable laterns will make your life easier. 

on steam workshop*

in the post bro. i'm not going to jump to 50 different websites.

I didn't picked up on that, my bad. The thread on reddit doesn't seem so fond of steam workshop however. I personally haven't had the time to mod skyrim myself so this link is all I have, sorry for that

CPU: Intel i7-4770k MOBO: Asus Maximus VI Formula RAM: G.Skill RipJawsX 2x8GB 1600Mhz GPU: Asus GTX 780 DCuII CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Primo STORAGE: ADATA SX900 256GB / WD Caviar Blue 1TB PSU: Corsair AX760 760W MONITOR: Dell Ultrasharp U2312HM KEYBOARD: Ducky Shine 3 MOUSE: Logitech G602 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/106614-project-insert-name-enthoo-primo-rigid-acrylic-red/

its ok, but i'm not going to directly mod my files without steam. because omg just remove them from my workshop yay

That increase the visual experience, without taking any real hit on performance? right now i only have a 7790 so i want to be able to either get fps boosts, or just general visual quality upgrades without hitting my performance. what mods in the steam workshop should i look for?

You should use Skyrim Nexus. It is much better and I find the workshop to be kind of a headache when you want to uninstall a mod. 

Edit: Look up Gopher on youtube. He will tell you everything you need to know. 

This is Pistol's (Teksyndicate member) old mod list http://i.imgur.com/CINurx1.jpg Also get an enb if your rig can handle it.

CPU: Phenom II X4 965. GPU: Sapphire Vapor-X 7770. MoBo: AsRock 970 Extreme3. Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600. PSU: Antec BP550. HDD: 1tb Seagate Case: RoseWill Challenger. CPU Fan: Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev 2. Monitor: Some crap gateway 1650x1050.

The mods that have the biggest impact on visuals (imo) are Skyrim HD, Skyrim Flora Overhaul and W.A.T.E.R,  I recommend you start there. They come in medium resolution as well if you're limited on VRAM. Make sure you don't install the official hd texture packs, they'll kill your framerate.

Also, if you're willing to sacrifice some performance (around 30-40% fps), using an ENB lighting mod will make a HUGE difference in quality. If you want to try it, I can share with you a preset I made that I'm particularly proud of.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

This is Pistol's (Teksyndicate member) old mod list http://i.imgur.com/CINurx1.jpg Also get an enb if your rig can handle it.

DAAAAAMMMNNNN!!! That is a LOOOTT of mods!

Case : Corsiar Air 540 CPU : Intel i5 8600k GPU : Asus Nvidia 970 DirectCUII RAM : 16gb DDR4 MB : ASUS Prime z370-p PSU : OCZ Modxtreme 700w SSD : Samsung 840 EVO 250gb 

Hmm i got the game 2 days ago and already have around 48 mods  :mellow: .

Use this as guide: http://wiki.step-project.com/STEP:Guide

Also Skyrim Nexus is a lot better then the workshop and also has a ton of mods that are not allowed on workshop.

Use this youtube guide as well https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE7DlYarj-DdhDG41roBVJfNCqvO5MmKP

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

Well I'm sure somebody has already said this but go to Nexus and find some HD textures and change your ENB and go wild with all that other stuff. I would do those first since they make a super big change in the appearance. 

Recommend you use Skyrim Nexus to find these.

Visual fidelity and performance:

Climates of tamriel, phinix natural enb, skyrim flora overhaul, skyrim project optimization, pure waters, dynavision, realistic lighting overhaul.

Immersion and difficulty:

T3nd0s skyrim redone, realistic needs and deceases, frostfall, random alternate start, hunterborn, ASIS, deadly dragons, dragon combat overhaul.

UI:

Skyui, Ihud, categorized favorites menu, racemenu.

Audio:

Audio overhaul for skyrim, improved combat sounds, clanking armor.

Textures:

aMidianborn book of silence, skyrim hd and a slew of high res textures you'll do best to find and customize to your liking on your own.

Misc:

Acheive that!, bandolier bags and pouches, the dance of death, covenient horses, ultimate follower overhaul or amazing follower tweaks. 

Must haves:

Unofficial Skyrim, dawnguard, dragonborn, heartfire, High res patches.

Tools:

BOSS, fxaa tool, nexus mod manager.

There is a lot more, but that's the basic core package I recommend.

I agree,use Skyrim Nexus. Some of the ones that I use are:

Climes of Tamriel;

Project Skyrim enb;

bags and bandoliers;

ultimate followers overhall;

unofficial skyrim patch;

frostfall;

Dance of Death;

amidianborn book of silence;

sky ui;

immersive HUD.

CPU AMD Ryzen 2700 X / Motherboard  / RAM 4 x 4GB  / GPU Zotac 1080Ti Amp Edition / Case Fractal Design Meshify C / Storage Samsung 850 PRO / 1TB WD Black & 2TB WD Green / PSU / Cooling Noctua / Keyboard Ducky Shine 2 / Mouse Logitech G700 / Sound O2 Amp/DAC & Audioengine A5+ speakers

the unofficial patches, do you need them all if you have the legendary edition like i do???

Looking for a job

SkyUI and a lot of HD texture mods at the least