[Build log]Portable 4K streaming server (32core|64threads)

Hi. I'm Hubert from Poland. On start, sorry for my english, but this is my first time when i using english forum. :) 

PC Spec:

CPU: Intel Xeon 2683v4 x2

MOB: Asus Z10PA-D8

RAM: 2x16GB Samsung 2400MHz ECC REG (planning 128GB)

GPU: Radeon Vega 64 LQ or Vega FE or PRO SSG

PSU: Moded Chieftec GPM-1000C

HDD0: 96GB RAM DISK 

HDD1: 2xSamsung PRO 256GB RAID 1

HDD2: 4xWD Black 2.5 1TB Raid 10

Screen: 17.2 4K LCD panel + lvds board. 

Purpose: 4K video streaming from events. 

First step: case. 

Case made to order in a local company. I paid for this about ~350PLN. Is very strong, I can standing on this. 

DSCF7501ok.jpg

Second step: hardware

At this moment I have CPU, MOBO, 16GB RAM and CPU Coolers 

lol2.png

DSCF7495.jpg

In china i buyed a lvds board, and in Poland LCD Panel. That's how I built 4K monitor. Cost? About 800 PLN.

20170808_021949.jpg

PSU modding: I rebuilt the power supply, I decided to use single wires. That's why, they must be very large.

DSCF7505.jpg

Bigger wires is 16mm2, smaller is 10mm2. 16mm2 is dedicated for GPU, 10mm2 is for CPUs, motherboard and DC-DC converters (5V, 3.3V). 

Third step: mount 

First I installed the coolers NZXT Kraken X62 and NZXT Kraken X61. 

20170813_151337.jpg

20170813_212406.jpg

20170815_203532.jpg

Next step is montage motherboard. 

waliza.jpg

Next entries soon. I will try to answer the questions. :)

Cmon, can you not use 2 different coolers? Really fkin bothers me... :/

My Rig "Jenova" Ryzen 7 3900X with EK Supremacy Elite, RTX3090 with EK Fullcover Acetal + Nickel & EK Backplate, Corsair AX1200i (sleeved), ASUS X570-E, 4x 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3800MHz 16CL, 500gb Samsung 980 Pro, Raijintek Paean

On 23.08.2017 at 0:26 AM, xxMega11xx said:

Wow this is cool man hope you can get a good deal on a couple GPUs

I try, but in Poland Vega is very difficult to buy. Eventualy i can buy, Radeon Pro Duo. 

9 hours ago, The Benjamins said:

Looks nice, excited to see the future updates.

Thanks. Next update toomorow :)

9 hours ago, Kukielka said:

Cmon, can you not use 2 different coolers? Really fkin bothers me... :/

I know it. But at this moment it must be so. I will change this but first i must buy, gpu, hdd, ssd and blackmagic 4K capture card. 

It was long day. I do lot's off fings, but none was spectacular. Much measure and soldering... I put it off, but in the end i had to do it... Final assembly PSU. Unfortunately I did not do everything. I have about 30 minutes to work tomorrow.

20170822_201630.jpg

20170824_193738.jpg

20170824_230228_Burst01.jpg

20170824_230427.jpg

In the casing i created holes. 

I also buyed two 120mm fans. This is crazy 6k RPM Sunon http://www.tme.eu/en/details/psd1212pmbxa-f-pwm/dc12v-fans/sunon/ They fans help me in critcal temperature situation.

Tomorrow I show you, on the film, how they working :D

This is really amazing! I do not know what kind of power supply that is, but if it is working for you then that is absolutely great! I really like the case and think it will work great when you are finished. :)

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."

It was very long day... Lots of time i spended on soldering and measure. Almost i ended PSU. 90% cables is contected.

About 01:00 AM I tested PSU. All works fine, voltage is on good level. 

20170826_004929.jpg

20170825_173103.jpg

20170825_173048.jpg

20170825_205120.jpg

After tests, i forgot discharge main capacitor. And I touched this place on PCB. This was so stupid... I was shot in the finger. It hurt because in Poland we have tension about 230V, but on this capacitor it's over 300V.

After 24h i have numb finger and two holes in the skin. 

20170825_121310-e1503739113290.jpg

9 hours ago, PoznanskaPyra said:

It was very long day... Lots of time i spended on soldering and measure. Almost i ended PSU. 90% cables is contected.

About 01:00 AM I tested PSU. All works fine, voltage is on good level. 

After tests, i forgot discharge main capacitor. And I touched this place on PCB. This was so stupid... I was shot in the finger. It hurt because in Poland we have tension about 230V, but on this capacitor it's over 300V.

After 24h i have numb finger and two holes in the skin.

Good thing you had your safety googles on, right?

If you find any grammar or spelling errors please fill out entry permit A38, thanks.

Greetings from germany

Profilepicture by Chibiterasu-chan

Power supply is ready :) Last two power cables is dedicated for GPU. I must only install conectors. 

DSCF7508.jpg

Next step is install LCD screen and LVDS board. 

DSCF7509.jpg

LCD on place :D It is perfectly straight, but the camera distorts the image.

Next step is montage the exhaust. These two fans on back.

Exhaust is ready  2xSunon PSD1212PMBXA-F-PWM. Power consumption 72W. Efficiency ~750m3. Max fan speed -6000RPM. Max noise level -65dB. 

Maximal speed will be used only in unusual sytuations. For example, works in full sun. 

DSCF7515.jpg

Next update I planning after 10.09, because i'm waiting for Radeon Vega 64 :)

On 3.9.2017 at 0:53 AM, PoznanskaPyra said:

Next update I planning after 10.09, because i'm waiting for Radeon Vega 64 :)

why a AMD gpu btw? Can't you get a used 1080ti for less $$$ than a vega? :o

My Rig "Jenova" Ryzen 7 3900X with EK Supremacy Elite, RTX3090 with EK Fullcover Acetal + Nickel & EK Backplate, Corsair AX1200i (sleeved), ASUS X570-E, 4x 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3800MHz 16CL, 500gb Samsung 980 Pro, Raijintek Paean

4 hours ago, Kukielka said:

my guess could be the professional workload side of things. nice to see someone is doing this tho. I wana try making a water cooled laptop sometime with highend desktop parts prob would of done 2 1080tis 128gb ram a ryzen tr4 1950x or wtv the 16core is along with a 1 or 2 tb m.2 in raid and a 10tb harddrive then watercool all that could be. only problem is not really as portable after a bit. nice build tho would be cool if some modding company or something made a case and some custom waterblocks or something to make a pc very portable but still being watercooled. 

If you work on your cable managetment a little and put some plexglass over the mobo area and have it line up with the same lvl the fans are could help with airfloor maybe and would give you something to put a keyboard into and some mice can work well on glass letting you have more places you can use it when out and about with it.

On 4.09.2017 at 0:50 PM, Kukielka said:

I think, the radeon be better in computing. This machine is for work, no for gaming. 

I planning use this for, video streaming, video editing, boinc and gaming. Vega seems to be more universal.

On 4.09.2017 at 5:19 PM, cowpker4life said:

my guess could be the professional workload side of things. nice to see someone is doing this tho. I wana try making a water cooled laptop sometime with highend desktop parts prob would of done 2 1080tis 128gb ram a ryzen tr4 1950x or wtv the 16core is along with a 1 or 2 tb m.2 in raid and a 10tb harddrive then watercool all that could be. only problem is not really as portable after a bit. nice build tho would be cool if some modding company or something made a case and some custom waterblocks or something to make a pc very portable but still being watercooled. 

If you work on your cable managetment a little and put some plexglass over the mobo area and have it line up with the same lvl the fans are could help with airfloor maybe and would give you something to put a keyboard into and some mice can work well on glass letting you have more places you can use it when out and about with it.

Full watercooling it is too risky for me, and weight to much. 

On the top i planning add this keyboard http://gaming.logitech.com/en-roeu/product/pro-gaming-keyboard 

6 hours ago, PoznanskaPyra said:

I think, the radeon be better in computing. This machine is for work, no for gaming. 

I planning use this for, video streaming, video editing, boinc and gaming. Vega seems to be more universal.

Full watercooling it is too risky for me, and weight to much. 

On the top i planning add this keyboard http://gaming.logitech.com/en-roeu/product/pro-gaming-keyboard 

Yeah I hear you also be a lot more work and wpuld take ages. Someday if I ever have a few grand to through around and countless hours of cad I might. Looks like it will be a pretty nice system tho maybe someday we will get lucky and companies will make full waterloop laptops instead of hybrid and will use desktop parts can only hope.

OK this is cool!!!! I really like this!

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

After first full load tests. To generate load i used Boinc and projects Enigma@home (GPU) and Universe@home (CPU). 

00006.MTS_snapshot_00.07_2017.09.30_00.3

00007.MTS_snapshot_00.06_2017.09.30_00.3

CPU temperatures is very low, because in Xeon E5 intel using soldering to connect IHS to core.