Is anyone waiting for Coffee Lake?

16 minutes ago, TahoeDust said:

I felt like you had already been thoroughly corrected.  Coffee Lake is 14nm....period. They are not going to change that between now and tomorrow when it’s isn’t announced.

You say ....Period like that proves it, can you show me Intel's official statement on it since Ryzen released?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @3.7ghz (1.3v) Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62 GPU: Zotac Mini GTX 1060 Case: NZXT - S340 (Black/Blue) Mobo: MSI B350m mortar arctic

RAM: Team Vulcan DDR4 (2x4gb, 2666mhz) Storage: Toshiba 1tb 7200rpm HDD, PNY CS1311 Sata SSD (6gb/s) PSU: EVGA - BQ 500w 80+ Bronze semi modular

26 minutes ago, He_162 said:

You say ....Period like that proves it, can you show me Intel's official statement on it since Ryzen released?

Since you are so sure, and state is as fact, why don’t we bet a 8700k?  If it’s is 10nm, I’ll buy you one.  If it is 14nm, you buy me one.

i9-9900k @ 5.1GHz || EVGA 3080 ti FTW3 EK Cooled || EVGA z390 Dark || G.Skill TridentZ 32gb 4000MHz C16

970 Pro 1tb || 860 Evo 2tb || BeQuiet Dark Base Pro 900 || EVGA P2 1200w || AOC Agon AG352UCG

Cooled by: Heatkiller || Hardware Labs || Bitspower || Noctua || EKWB

Just now, TahoeDust said:

Since you are so sure, and state is as fact, why don’t we bet a 8700k?  If it’s is 10nm, I’ll buy you one.  If it is 14nm, you buy me one.

This shit is getting good.

I like when people take taking to a new level!  

LTT ain't ready for that level of accountability with regards to misinformation. 

I'm quite interested on Coffeelake pricing since we have Ryzen rn. Competition ftw!

22 hours ago, He_162 said:

A quick google search of "Coffee Lake" and you'll have your answer, it's relatively easy to use it, no one does. Sad.

When you don't know anything for sure about a processor and are trying to make a conversation when everyone knows nothing but rumors, that happens often. It's not amazing, it's expected, what was amazing is that you stopped by only to indirectly insult those people, shouldn't you be correcting them if that's the issue?

Then let's do that, shall we?

QlSJTRz.png

Oh look, very first result. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coffee_Lake

Coffee Lake is Intel's codename for the second 14 nm process refinement following both Skylake and Kaby Lake.

Oh, that's just wikipedia. Nobody treats wikipedia as a credible source, right? I'll need something a little more concrete. How about Intel's press slides for Coffeelake?

GoQtIBj.png

Huh, advancing Moore's law on "14nm". Wonder what they could possibly mean by that? Maybe 14 is a code word for "10". Let's not stop there. I feel like we can take this rabbit hole a little deeper.

Let's click more results on the very first page of google, shall we?

http://wccftech.com/intel-coffee-lake-u-15w-specs-performance-details/ (has the image posted above, provided by Intel)

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/intel-coffee-lake-eighth-generation-cpu,35259.html

As expected, the 14nm++ Coffee Lake processors purportedly bring an additional two cores to bear for the i5 and i7 models outlined above. We notice a slight increase in TDP to 95W, which is negligible considering you gain two extra cores in exchange. We also see a bump up to 12MB of cache for the i7 models and 8MB for the i5 lineup.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/intel/intel-14nm-coffee-lake-release-date

Coffee Lake is the next 14nm CPU design after Kaby Lake, which Intel is calling 14nm++ in an attempt to make it seem different. What’s making the new generation relevant, however, is the fact they’re bringing six-core / 12-thread processors into high-end laptops and standard desktops for the first time. 

Huh, that's quite a few results bolstering my claim. Maybe it will change if we google 10nm coffeelake?

http://www.pcworld.com/article/3216428/components/intel-discloses-ice-lake-another-10nm-chip-beyond-cannon-lake.html

For years, Intel moved on what it called a “tick-tock” cadence, launching a chip on a new process technology, then redesigning it for faster performance around a new architecture. Intel’s Broadwell chips introduced the 14nm generation in 2014 and 2015, followed by the Skylake generation in 2015 and 2016. But then Intel unexpectedly added a third 14nm chip, Kaby Lake, and made plans to launch a fourth 14nm chip, believed to be called “Coffee Lake,” on August 21.

Huh, that resulted in yet another 14nm result. At least they mentioned Cannonlake, you know, the other lake-suffix chip that starts with a C? Fun fact: they will share the same chipset, so you at least have that going for your argument.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/11722/intel-reveals-ice-lake-core-architecture-10nm-plus

zknsTVl.png

Nice little chart for ya.

All in all, I agree with you:

22 hours ago, He_162 said:

A quick google search of "Coffee Lake" and you'll have your answer, it's relatively easy to use it, no one does. Sad.

Truly sad indeed. 

EDIT: Coffeelake mobile specs released by intel: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/processors/core/i7-processors/i7-8550u.html

TFoylxN.png

What a time to be alive. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

3 minutes ago, MageTank said:

Truly sad indeed. 

Why are you wasting your time with this guy? get to more useful stuff like find out what RAM should I buy to go along my future i7 8700k :3

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Just now, Princess Cadence said:

Why are you wasting your time with this guy? get to more useful stuff like find out what RAM should I buy to go along my future i7 8700k :3

I don't see it as wasting time. It's exercise for my hands. As for ram, dual rank B-Die. If Coffeelake's IMC is as strong as I am told, it should handle multi-rank kits even faster than Kaby (which can already push 3866). If you can get a dual rank kit to 4000, you will absolutely smash any 4266 single rank kit with relative ease, in absolutely every metric. 

G Skill just released a 3866 C18 B-Die dual rank kit. I am interested in testing it, just don't have $400 to blow. 

17 minutes ago, MageTank said:

G Skill just released a 3866 C18 B-Die dual rank kit. I am interested in testing it, just don't have $400 to blow. 

There's this thing called gofundme.com... Get to it, good sir. Also, C18 sounds high, what are the other timings?

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

Just now, ARikozuM said:

There's this thing called gofundme.com... Get to it, good sir. Also, C18 sounds high, what are the other timings?

18-18-18-38. Also, I never use XMP timings. If I had it, it would be 4000 C16 in a heartbeat. Also, nobody would gofundme buying ram for a random guy, lol. 

2 minutes ago, MageTank said:

18-18-18-38. Also, I never use XMP timings. If I had it, it would be 4000 C16 in a heartbeat. Also, nobody would gofundme buying ram for a random guy, lol. 

This is LTT. I'd likely donate $10 for assurance that you would create a thread detailing your success or failure with XMP and manual overclocking. Get 39 more people (or would it be 43 for tax?) and you'll hit the goal. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

6 hours ago, He_162 said:

I think that they'll change that plan.

Coffee lake chips are already done at this point. The architecture is already designed. These changes don't happen overnight.

I was but I have a 2 month old z270 MB so not now.

So what happened? 

They announced only Laptop ones and CFL yet to be announced but we got new Kaby Refresh as 8 series? Which is still not usable with Z270 boards?

MSI Z270 SLI PLUS - 7600k 5.1GHz - Corsair LPX 3000MHz - G1 Gaming GTX1060 - Arctic LiquidFreezer 240 - Crucial m.2 275GB - WD 1TB - EVGA B3 750W - Segotep Lux - LG 34UC79 Curved - Redragon Yama - Redragon Hydra - Gigabyte WIFI 

Sound is provided by a Pioneer Amp from the 70s - if it's not broken, don't fix it.

2 hours ago, lsstefan said:

So what happened? 

They announced only Laptop ones and CFL yet to be announced but we got new Kaby Refresh as 8 series? Which is still not usable with Z270 boards?

I am completely confused by your question. I'm assuming CFL is Coffee Lake which is the Sky Lake (and inherently kaby lake) refresh, so it's announced, I haven't read anything other than that.

And yes it will require a new chipset and new motherboard.

14 minutes ago, HorrorCosmic said:

I am completely confused by your question. I'm assuming CFL is Coffee Lake which is the Sky Lake (and inherently kaby lake) refresh, so it's announced, I haven't read anything other than that.

And yes it will require a new chipset and new motherboard.

Intel Kaby Lake Refresh 15W Mobile CPUs Launched – Next up is Coffee Lake and Cannonlake Under 8th Generation Branding

So just yesterday, we were talking about Intel’s 8th generation mobility family with 15W TDP. The lineup will be featuring four SKUs that includes Core i7-8650U, Core i7-8550U, Core i5-8350U and the Core i5-8250U. The main advantages of the 8th generation family over the 7th generation are very obvious as can be noted by the specifications. First of all, there are no architectural changes on Kaby Lake Refresh processors. Each processor comes with twice the number of CPU cores and threads compared to last generation, a faster graphics engine and all of this under the same 15W TDP.

Intel Coffee Lake-U Processors:

Taken from: http://wccftech.com/intel-8th-gen-cpu-launch-kaby-lake-cannonlake-coffee-lake/

First they call it KBL refresh, then CFL. I saw they only announced laptop 8th gen CPUs. So the mobile is KBL Refresh and future desktop is CFL or?

edit:

I did found this after.

The Intel 8th generation family will be based around multiple CPU architectures. While Kaby Lake Refresh aims for the U-series platforms, other platforms such as the Y-series (Ultra Low TDP), the H-Series (Performance Laptops) and S-Series (Desktop PCs) processors will be using the 14nm Coffee Lake and 10nm Cannonlake architectures.

So I guess laptop is KBL Refresh and new desktops is CFL. Right?

MSI Z270 SLI PLUS - 7600k 5.1GHz - Corsair LPX 3000MHz - G1 Gaming GTX1060 - Arctic LiquidFreezer 240 - Crucial m.2 275GB - WD 1TB - EVGA B3 750W - Segotep Lux - LG 34UC79 Curved - Redragon Yama - Redragon Hydra - Gigabyte WIFI 

Sound is provided by a Pioneer Amp from the 70s - if it's not broken, don't fix it.

13 minutes ago, lsstefan said:

Taken from: http://wccftech.com/intel-8th-gen-cpu-launch-kaby-lake-cannonlake-coffee-lake/

First they call it KBL refresh, then CFL. I saw they only announced laptop 8th gen CPUs. So the mobile is KBL Refresh and future desktop is CFL or?

edit:

I did found this after.

So I guess laptop is KBL Refresh and new desktops is CFL. Right?

http://www.anandtech.com/show/11738/intel-launches-8th-generation-cpus-starting-with-kaby-lake-refresh-for-15w-mobile

I found this less confusing. It does seem the Kaby Lake Refresh is for mobile, quad core cpu's at 15watts. And coffee Lake and later cannon lake will be released later this year. 

On 8/20/2017 at 7:28 PM, Princess Cadence said:

That's what I'm thinking, someone has incorrect information and they think they have to harass him over it.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @3.7ghz (1.3v) Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62 GPU: Zotac Mini GTX 1060 Case: NZXT - S340 (Black/Blue) Mobo: MSI B350m mortar arctic

RAM: Team Vulcan DDR4 (2x4gb, 2666mhz) Storage: Toshiba 1tb 7200rpm HDD, PNY CS1311 Sata SSD (6gb/s) PSU: EVGA - BQ 500w 80+ Bronze semi modular

9 hours ago, He_162 said:

That's what I'm thinking, someone has incorrect information and they think they have to harass him over it.

I am not harassing you for having incorrect information. I am punishing you for trying to pass your incorrect information off as the truth. There is a difference. Had you not tried to correct me with misinformation, and even go as far to insinuate that I was incapable of googling the information, I would have held back quite a bit. 

Hopefully this experience has taught you to spend more time researching on your end before spreading potential misinformation. Misinformation is something we need less of.

On 8/22/2017 at 0:00 PM, MageTank said:

I am not harassing you for having incorrect information. I am punishing you for trying to pass your incorrect information off as the truth. There is a difference. Had you not tried to correct me with misinformation, and even go as far to insinuate that I was incapable of googling the information, I would have held back quite a bit. 

Hopefully this experience has taught you to spend more time researching on your end before spreading potential misinformation. Misinformation is something we need less of.

I stated often that I was under the understanding that that was the case and that i'd find out when intel officially released the information, all info I have gotten thus far is not "new" information, and I still think that there is the possibility that they go towards the 10nm train. I was not spreading misinformation past my first post, and I had admitted I didn't know for sure.

Harassment was not necessary at any point in the conversation, and it was only after you started harassing me that you provided proof or any kind of link to back up your statement.

Go be apologetic somewhere else if you're gonna disguise more harassment behind your "lesson"

5 minutes ago, He_162 said:

I stated often that I was under the understanding that that was the case and that i'd find out when intel officially released the information, all info I have gotten thus far is not "new" information, and I still think that there is the possibility that they go towards the 10nm train. I was not spreading misinformation past my first post, and I had admitted I didn't know for sure.

Harassment was not necessary at any point in the conversation, and it was only after you started harassing me that you provided proof or any kind of link to back up your statement.

Go be apologetic somewhere else if you're gonna disguise more harassment behind your "lesson"

I am not apologetic at all, for I am not sorry for the way I've treated you. It's not my job to provide proof for something everyone else already knew. You were the one quoting us, saying it was 10nm, not 14nm. You were the one saying people lack the ability to google, not me. Had you followed your own advice, you would not have been on the receiving end of my posts. 

If you choose not to learn from this "lesson", then I'll be awaiting your repeat of this performance in the future. 

Also, you never once said  you were "under the impression". You said it was confirmed: 

On 8/20/2017 at 3:00 AM, He_162 said:

Actually no, Coffee Lake was confirmed at 10nm, so it will have a 7 - 8% increase in IPC over kaby lake, putting it more than 20% ahead of Ryzen, and further in clock speeds and overall performance.

It's not an i7-7700k with two more cores, it's a i7-8700k with 6 cores, and 7% higher IPC, and 51% better overall performance (when compared at stock clocks, so it has lower clocks while still achieving 51% improvement).

The IMC was improved on the 10nm process, yes.

You also threw out random IPC numbers without providing any evidence. Perhaps your problem lies not in your inability to google (ironic as it may be), but rather your tendency to speak in absolutes over something you know nothing about. Either way, it's detrimental for everyone involved when false information is paraded around as fact. 

Meh, was thinking about it but nothing there really interests me, I'll first do a i7-4790K in Redstone and if anything I'll sell Lapis (i7-3770) and buy a R5 1600. 

just a bit over intel at the moment and all the ryzen systems I've worked on have been amazing. 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

12 minutes ago, He_162 said:

Fight me

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

24 minutes ago, MageTank said:

I am not apologetic at all, for I am not sorry for the way I've treated you. It's not my job to provide proof for something everyone else already knew. You were the one quoting us, saying it was 10nm, not 14nm. You were the one saying people lack the ability to google, not me. Had you followed your own advice, you would not have been on the receiving end of my posts. 

If you choose not to learn from this "lesson", then I'll be awaiting your repeat of this performance in the future. 

Also, you never once said  you were "under the impression". You said it was confirmed: 

You also threw out random IPC numbers without providing any evidence. Perhaps your problem lies not in your inability to google (ironic as it may be), but rather your tendency to speak in absolutes over something you know nothing about. Either way, it's detrimental for everyone involved when false information is paraded around as fact. 

The numbers came directly from a slide intel made, I took the 51% and 7% numbers from the slide, and the 3% figures from another users guess.

Your lesson is as follows: "If someone is certain they are correct, but aren't, I must harass and impose on them in such a negative connotation that they reinforce their opinion, rather than feel the need to re-think it."

No, I don't think I'll learn from your unapologetic harassment.

Just now, He_162 said:

The numbers came directly from a slide intel made, I took the 51% and 7% numbers from the slide, and the 3% figures from another users guess.

Your lesson is as follows: "If someone is certain they are correct, but aren't, I must harass and impose on them in such a negative connotation that they reinforce their opinion, rather than feel the need to re-think it."

No, I don't think I'll learn from your unapologetic harassment.

You didn't link the Intel slide. I've seen the slide you are referring to, and NOWHERE on that slide do they mention the % improvements being IPC related. You also go on to mention "3600 dual rank" support, which is asinine as Kaby already supports that. Skylake did too. I ran 3600 C14 on my dual rank kit for months on end. You have ZERO evidence supporting that claim, and provided zero evidence in your posts. When confronted, you simply told people it was easy to find on the internet. 

You kept this up as well, instead of actually admitting you were wrong. It is people with that mentality, that I make an example of. Is it harassment? That would be up to a mod to decide, as I am not going out of my way to follow you around or attack your other posts. From where I sit, I am only making a point that you are making up claims, and not backing them up, whilst refusing to admit to doing so.

You need not include "unapologetic", as I've already stated I am not sorry, nor do I have a reason to be.