GTX 1070 + nicehash bad results?

Nothing. My 1070 only gets $1.85 USD a day. Thank ETH for crashing 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

3 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

AMD cards are better at mining 

oh..damn i sold my 390 haha

Depends on market conditions. Nicehash will switch to whatever is best for your card. AMD is stronger on Etherium, but nvidia isn't bad and is comparable ball park on zcash I think it was. 

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

1 minute ago, porina said:

Depends on market conditions. Nicehash will switch to whatever is best for your card. AMD is stronger on Etherium, but nvidia isn't bad and is comparable ball park on zcash I think it was. 

nope. Zcash dropped to hell. 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

19 minutes ago, patriotaki said:

GET VEGA NUM NUM, ITS BETTER

is this even a win considering you are reducing your cards life span with the 24/7 usage and the electricity cost?

Just now, Tiwaz said:

is this even a win considering you are reducing your cards life span with the 24/7 usage and the electricity cost?

Vega is meant to take a beating its why it has high voltage, while nvidia is meant for a good lifetime of maybe 3-4 years 

The 1070 is actually the best performer per wattage, even if it doesn't have the highest hash, and since you already had the card I assume its all good, but dang it sucks to be a gamer right now for those looking. Endure brother and sisters the storm will pass B|

I would rather agree on what we share, than fight on what we don't. - Myself

FULL PC SPECS ON PROFILE https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/454099-thinkfreely/

1 hour ago, Thinkfreely said:

The 1070 is actually the best performer per wattage, even if it doesn't have the highest hash, and since you already had the card I assume its all good, but dang it sucks to be a gamer right now for those looking. Endure brother and sisters the storm will pass B|

nope this doesnt even make sense, the amount of power a gpu draws depends on the amount of cuda cores (more cuda cores -->more amps) and the clock speed (higher clock -->Voltage) so having a higher end gpu clocked down to match a lower end gpu that runs on a higher clock speed would be a big win in terms of efficiency for the high end card.

My gpu (aorus gtx 1080 ti) limit from 100% to 50% power (125W~) would lower my clock from around 1950mhz to 1500mhz~, so i am losing one quarter of my performance by slicing my power draw in half, with this setup the card would perform around as good as a decent gtx 1080 with a much better efficiency (180w compared to 125W~)

1 minute ago, Tiwaz said:

nope this doesnt even make sense, the amount of power a gpu draws depends on the amount of cuda cores (more cuda cores -->more amps) and the clock speed (higher clock -->Voltage) so having a higher end gpu clocked down to match a lower end gpu that runs on a higher clock speed would be a big win in terms of efficiency for the high end card.

My gpu (aorus gtx 1080 ti) limit from 100% to 50% power (125W~) would lower my clock from around 1950mhz to 1500mhz~, so i am losing one quarter of my performance by slicing my power draw in half, with this setup the card would perform around as good as a decent gtx 1080 with a much better efficiency (180w compared to 125W~)

You 100% right, I was talking about out of the box has per watt performance, but if your mining there is no way you wouldn't optimize (or at least no reason you wouldn't want to)

I would rather agree on what we share, than fight on what we don't. - Myself

FULL PC SPECS ON PROFILE https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/454099-thinkfreely/

2 minutes ago, Thinkfreely said:

You 100% right, I was talking about out of the box has per watt performance, but if your mining there is no way you wouldn't optimize (or at least no reason you wouldn't want to)

glad you got my point but from a cost to performance standpoint for mining getting something like a 1050 ti 2gb would probably make the most sense

5 hours ago, Thinkfreely said:

Actually with the pricing right now I think the 1050 ti is actually the fastest ROI

@Tiwaz Haha you are right. Didnt read before commenting 

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

GPU — AMD RX 7900 XTX - XFX Speedster Merc 310 Black Edition - 24GB GDDR6

Monitor — Acer Predator XB271HU - 2560x1440 165Hz IPS 4ms

CPU Cooler — Noctua NH-D15

Motherboard — Gigabyte B650 GAMING X AX V2

Memory — 32GB G.Skill Flare X5 - 6000mHz CL32

Storage — WD Black - 2TB HDD

— Seagate SkyHawk - 2TB HDD

— Samsung 850 EVO - 250GB SSD

— WD Blue - 500GB M.2 SSD

— Samsung 990 PRO w/HS - 4TB M.2 SSD

Case — Fractal Design Define R6 TG

PSU — EVGA SuperNOVA G3 - 850W 80+ Gold 

Case Fans — 2(120mm) Noctua NF-F12 PWM - exhaust

— 3(140mm) Noctua NF-A14 PWM - intake

Keyboard — Max Keyboard TKL Blackbird - Cherry MX blue switches - Red Backlighting 

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

Headphones — Sennheiser HD600

Extras — Glorious PC Gaming Race - Mouse Wrist Rest  

— Glorious PC Gaming Race - XXL Extended Mouse Pad - 36" x 18"

— Max Keyboard Flacon-20 keypad - Cherry MX blue switches