*ENTRIES CLOSED* *WINNERS UPDATED* Build a New Gaming Rig with Linus Tech Tips and ASUS ROG - ROG Rig Reboot

CPotter
On 8/11/2017 at 5:06 PM, CPotter said:

2017-08-11.png

We're inviting you to send us a 30 - 60-second video tour of your outdated gaming rig, explaining why you should win a free gaming PC upgrade at the Linus Tech Tips office with Linus! Tell us why your rig isn't cutting it and how ASUS ROG can make your dreams come true. 

Winners will be selected based on:

- Hardware specifications

- Games (That you can or cannot run)

- Story

- Creativity

Please link your video within this thread and use #ROGRigReboot in your entry post so we can filter through the applications easier. :D 

Applications for video entries will close on  August 21st - later that week we'll be picking three winners who will be direct messaged here through the forum! From there we'll coordinate flights and accommodations which we're hoping to do on September 7th here in Surrey, BC, Canada.

*This giveaway is limited to residents in North America only, ages 18 or older, or younger accompanied by a guardian*

Follow ASUS ROG on social media for updates!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/rog.n.america

Twitter: twitter.com/ASUSUSA

Instagram: instagram.com/rog_na/

Check out the ASUS ROG store on Facebook: http://geni.us/asusrogfacebookstore

Here is is my entry not the best but meh..

It is a intel core 2 quad 

3 gigs of ddr2 ram 2 slots

a GeForce gt740 (it had a 98000gt but it died)

a 250gig hard drive

unknown motherboard

#ROGRigReboot

It said 30 - 60 sec video, but people are posting up to 5 min long videos. Just booting up my PC takes over 2 minutes

1 hour ago, Evny120 said:

It said 30 - 60 sec video, but people are posting up to 5 min long videos. Just booting up my PC takes over 2 minutes

those people aren't qualified to win because they do not meet the criteria

#ROGRigReboot

Thank you Linus for considering me in the competition and thank you to Asus for sponsoring this contest!

Well here is my vid for the contest. Wish we had more time for the video so I could space things out more.

#ROGRigReboot

https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/298946-ktweed/

#ROGRigReboot

This is my rig for the ROG Rig Reboot. It's a 7 year old Lenovo W700 that I got about 4 years ago as a hand-me-down, because it was my dad's old work laptop. It runs Linux, so the video is very light on game performance, but it can run Unigine Heaven (sort of), as well as GLMark2 and Minecraft. And no, it cannot run Crysis. I really need an upgrade, so hopefully I can get one of the Rig Reboots. Sorry for the terrible video and audio.

My computer has a dead gpu and a dying gpu so i'm hoping against all hope i'm lucky enough to get picked, #ROGRigReboot

Apparently i forgot to add the story. Recently diagnosed with high functioning autism, which came as no real surprise. I spent every second of my free time in front of my computer which is probably why it's in such poor condition. People with autism are obsessive about certain things and everything i'm obsessed with revolves around a computer. I have had a few scares revolving around my computer not working for weeks on end until i finally find a way to delay it's inevitable death. Seeing as i don't really do much else they were some fairly hard weeks. With one dead gpu and one so close to death that i have to underclock it just to be able to use it, and even then i get black screens which are becoming more and more frequent. It's only a matter of time until she finally breaks down leaving me with an emotionally painful paper weight.

I Would post benchmarks however my computer is incapable of running high demanding programs, the specs are:

1 dead 670m gpu

1 dying 670m gpu that black screens when i run even old games like killing floor. Current games that work are minecraft and an mmo called dc universe online. Although playing dcuo even on the lowest settings causes black screens from time to time even underlocked.

i7-3630qm

16gs of ram

Here is my submission. Sorry for the poor video quality. (Turn up sound)

I got the parts for this computer from my dad in 2010. When he passed he must of brought the computer with him and left me with the shell of what it once was. Now it fells like it is slower then my phone. I hope I win because my computer is not very good. (first gen i3 cpu) A new computer would help my family because we do not have the money to buy a new one. (that does not sound like a jet engine.):)

My PC Specs:

-Intel Core i3 540 3.07Ghz Clarkdale Processor (w/ stock cooler)

-"Generic" Foxconn DH57MO2 M-ATX Motherboard

-12GB DDR3 Ram

-Nvidia Quadro 2000 1GB

-1 TB + 1.5 TB HDD(s)

-Cooler Master 500w PSU

-VIVO M-ATX Case

#ROGRigReboot

16 hours ago, Lukeab02 said:

Okay thanks for letting know

No problem

QUOTE ME TO SEE MY REPLY!:D

unit was bought July 24, 2010

Processor: AMD Phenom II X2 555 BE 3.2Ghz unlocked to AMD Phenom II X4 B555

RAM: 12GB DDR3 - originally 4GB (who needs ram? apparently I did :P)

GPU: AMD Radeon R9 200 Series - added 2015 - used to have on board graphics before

HDD: 1TB WD SATA HDD

#ROGRigReboot

Lulz.png

On 8/11/2017 at 2:06 PM, CPotter said:

2017-08-11.png

We're inviting you to send us a 30 - 60-second video tour of your outdated gaming rig, explaining why you should win a free gaming PC upgrade at the Linus Tech Tips office with Linus! Tell us why your rig isn't cutting it and how ASUS ROG can make your dreams come true. 

Winners will be selected based on:

- Hardware specifications

- Games (That you can or cannot run)

- Story

- Creativity

Please link your video within this thread and use #ROGRigReboot in your entry post so we can filter through the applications easier. :D 

Applications for video entries will close on  August 21st - later that week we'll be picking three winners who will be direct messaged here through the forum! From there we'll coordinate flights and accommodations for the winners to come out to Surrey, BC, Canada.

*This giveaway is limited to residents in North America only, ages 18 or older, or younger accompanied by a guardian*

Follow ASUS ROG on social media for updates!

Hi my name I Josh LaCroix my dad has a disease know a alpha one he is on the transplant list for two lungs and possibly a heart we have to go to San Diego every 3 months and the take alot of money and it doesn't help that were poor. on Christmas morning I was really happy the I got a Dell optiplex 760 for most people that's not much to me it was awesome.but it only has 2gb of ram and q45 graphics I try to run most things but it can berrly play cod was.all I'm asking is to have good day in my life get my dream pc and meet linus.it would mean so much if I could have my come true hopefully you choose me but I understand that you may choose me but if you did it would mean he world to me.here are some benchmarks

Sincerely Josh, LaCroix

far cry 3 low 600x440:7-12

ksp low 800x600: menu 40/while flying 7-8

cod waw low: 12-25

csgo low:10-21

cod 4 low: 12-26

gta 5:no 

witcher 3:no 

have a good day (:

#ROGRigReboot

<

have good day

<witter:

Instagram: instagram.com/rog_na/

Check out the ASUS ROG store on Facebook: http://geni.us/asusrogfacebookstore

I was a little kid back in 2006 with two older brothers who also loved to game. They got me into gaming with our first ever computer that they bought from HP. Back in the days, all we ever played was Warcraft 3 and we would take turns playing a game each. Because I was the youngest, I always played 1 game while they played 2-3 games. Soon after they started working, they built their own PC or bought a laptop and gave me this PC as a hand-me-down. I never worked as I was always focusing on school and extra-curricular after school and never had the money to buy or upgrade. This PC has been my ride-or-die since I was an adolescent. Thankfully, it held up it's weight for past a decade because of the types of games I play but with new games coming out requiring more demanding PC's and university friends who don't play the shitty games I do, it's time for an upgrade. I don't think anybody "deserves" to win this free gaming PC upgrade but I would sure as hell be honored and grateful if I was chosen. This rig just isn't cutting it anymore! Make my dreams come true Team LTT! Thank you very much for even giving everyone in North America the opportunity to enter this contest. Yours truly, a hopeful subscriber

Hardware Specifications
Motherboard: HP Jasmine MS 7778 Ver 1.0 - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-HP-Jasmine-MS-7778-Ver-1-0-MOTHERBOARD-716188-001-717067-501-AS-IS-/182601026096?hash=item2a83de8a30:g:RsIAAOSwxu5ZL4UP
CPU: (UNSURE about this but I think this is the one I have, how do I check?) Athlon 64 X2 (B) 4400+ 2.3 GHz (65W) - http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMD-ATHLON-64-X2-4800-65w-2-5ghz-AM2-ado4800iaa5dd-ado4800iaa5do-dual-core-/332293271800?epid=74090273&hash=item4d5e38f0f8:g:swkAAOSw5cNYZGLn
Cooling: AMD Stock Cooler - http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMD-Stock-Cooler-/253082264973?hash=item3aece0e58d:g:834AAOSwDrlZh6bC
GPU: GeForce GTX 750 - https://www.evga.com/Products/Specs/GPU.aspx?pn=321254ae-37d4-4608-bb91-c34d10e47244
RAM: 2x 2GB 1RX8 PC3-12800U-11-10-A0 DDR3 - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nanya-DDR3-2GB-1Rx8-PC3-12800-SO-DIMM-1600MHZ-204-Pins-RAM-Laptop-Memory/172417168124?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D45727%26meid%3D66e975900735442698747f57270ef4c6%26pid%3D100011%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D322620115681&_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5in HDD - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Seagate-Barracuda-ST1000DM003-1TB-3-5in-Hard-Drive-SATA-6-0Gb-s-64MB-Cache-/182555243524?hash=item2a8123f404:g:uhcAAOSwmgJY16jm
Power: HP DPS-300AB-72 300W Delta ATX Power Supply Unit 667892-003 - http://www.ebay.com/itm/715184-001-HP-DPS-300AB-72-300W-Delta-ATX-Power-Supply-Unit-667892-003-/361830018050
Mouse: HP Wired USB Optical Multi-Unit Mouse - http://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-505062-001-Rev-A-Wired-USB-Optical-MOUSE-with-Scroll-Wheel-Black-/182543948509?hash=item2a80779add:g:WQ0AAOSwS35Zd145
Keyboard: HP SK-2023 Wired Black Usb Computer Keyboard - http://www.ebay.com/itm/hp-keyboard-Wired-Model-No-Sk-2023-/172820399235?hash=item283ce60483:g:fhsAAOSwr15ZeOmf
Monitor: Samsung S22D300 (Not NY; older version) - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-S22D300NY-22-034-LED-Full-HD-Monitor-1920x1080-VGA-Monitor-w-AC-Adapter-/182714493219?hash=item2a8aa1e923:g:~yQAAOSwdNFZdNaw
Case: HP Pavilion P6320Y Case - http://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-Pavilion-P6320Y-Bare-Bones-Tower-Case-READ-DESCRIPTION-Front-Bezel-/263129026828?hash=item3d43b6510c:g:~lkAAOSwEgZZh16z

Game Benchmarks/Playablility
Minesweeper - Yes
Pinball - Yes
Minecraft - Yes on LOW with little to no render
Overwatch - Yes on LOW with 20 fps
Dota 2 - Yes on LOW with 35 fps
PubG - No
GTA 5 - No
Club Penguin - HELLLLLL NO (BSOD right away when I even hover my mouse over the Club Penguin icon)

FREEEEESTYLEEEEEE Lyrics
Starting back in 2006,
The standard was 800 by 600 pix.
That's when I built my first PC,
With my processor of 2GHz
Whatever that means

From BestBuy I spent my savings,
2GB of RAM, fulfilled my PC-nerd cravings.
Needing 1GB for games, I thought I splurged.
Soon realized that multitasking problems emerged.

I couldn't afford an upgrade for some time,
As my wallet reflected of nickels and dimes.
Fortunately all I played was Warcraft 3,
Stored in my shitty 128GB HDD (upgraded now to 1TB)

Now the eSports games have come out,
My geforce 650 makes me pout (geforce 750 now, upgraded).
Don't get me started on games that are triple A,
The only triple A I can run are the batteries okay?
Unable to play GTA 5,
I can only wish of running the HTC vive.
Thankfully stable Minecraft at 15 FPS,
I hope in the future, I can play CS.

Can't even upgrade with new parts bought,
It wont boot, lack of power, Thanks 300Watt
Unable to use it, a tear formed
Linus Tech Tips kept me well informed.
To enter this contest, lyrics conformed,
Hopefully this contest helps my PC transform!

#ROGRigReboot

#ROGRigReboot

#ROGRigReboot

On 8/11/2017 at 4:16 PM, Vernw3 said:

i get 4 fps on cs go i def need a new pc 

Lucky I can't play csgo

2ghz processor

what ram?

40gb hdd

480p screen

had to wipe the drive due to virus and had an optical drive failure so i cant install an os, effectively reducing my computer to a brick. i cant run any games, even when it worked i could only run minesweeper.

i also play the bass in the end to showcase a talent for extra points, i am a trash player.

recorded and edited on a Samsung galaxy s3

#ROGRigReboot

pls help my soul.mp4

22 minutes ago, pizzachu077 said:

2ghz processor

what ram?

40gb hdd

480p screen

had to wipe the drive due to virus and had an optical drive failure so i cant install an os, effectively reducing my computer to a brick. i cant run any games, even when it worked i could only run minesweeper.

i also play the bass in the end to showcase a talent for extra points, i am a trash player.

recorded and edited on a Samsung galaxy s3

#ROGRigReboot

pls help my soul.mp4

Use a usb to install an os

#ROGRigReboot

My desktop that I use for gaming is running a 

Phenom x6 1090T at 4 Ghz

3 xfx 8800 Ultra with custom water cooling on o e card

Asus crosshair v formula mobo

8GB of memory

2 ocz max iops in raid 0

Thanks for your consideration.?

20170816_164438.mp4

58 minutes ago, MikeBibby said:

#ROGRigReboot

Well here goes nothing!!

love linus tech tips

Alright, this one had me grinning from ear to ear. Love the entry! I'm rooting for ya. :)

#ROGRigReboot 
Here is my entry it's probably really bad but I was filming on my phone haha. Thank you for this great opportunity~

After seeing some these people's rigs mine doesn't seem that bad I have an fx6300 oc'd to 4.2ghz, 8gb Ddr3, 7870ghz and Asus Mobo that I'm able to OC on a bit and lepa 550w psu and a total of 4tb HDD space and phantom 410 I got today and I can barely play pubg I have to run at lowest of low settings at windowed 720p so yeah not super bad but it was a 17th bday present in 2013 and today I turned 21 so it's showing it's age but livable. 

My build: Cpu: (AMD Ryzen 7 1700) Heatsink: (Deepcool Captain 240 rgb) GPU: (Zotac AMP! GTX 1060 6gb) Ram: (Corsair LPX 8Gb DDR4 2400) Mobo: ( Gigabyte AX370 Gaming K&) Case: (NZXT Phantom 410 Gunmetal) PSU: (Lepa B550 550w) OS:  (Windows 10

Spoiler

Hi I'm Tyger and this my poo computer  ever since I heard that I could build a computer with Linus tech tips I was over the moon and ready to build.  My computer can run all kinds of games all of zero FPS.  I never have really use the computer except for my family's computer so that is were I found your videos. I have been watching your videos for about two year now and been trying to stay up to date on them but it has been hard with the family computer. Hope to be picked thanks, Tyger

IMG_0795.JPG

IMG_0796.JPG

21 minutes ago, QcDExtreme said:

After seeing some these people's rigs mine doesn't seem that bad I have an fx6300 oc'd to 4.2ghz, 8gb Ddr3, 7870ghz and Asus Mobo that I'm able to OC on a bit and lepa 550w psu and a total of 4tb HDD space and phantom 410 I got today and I can barely play pubg I have to run at lowest of low settings at windowed 720p so yeah not super bad but it was a 17th bday present in 2013 and today I turned 21 so it's showing it's age but livable. 

Yep that is a lot better than mine