*ENTRIES CLOSED* *WINNERS UPDATED* Build a New Gaming Rig with Linus Tech Tips and ASUS ROG - ROG Rig Reboot

CPotter

#ROGRigReboot

Hello Fellow Tech tip fans!

This is my potato rig, that i am wishing is ROG worthy! I really want to get back into gaming, and start 3D printing. Obviously it's not even tangible currently. I would have thrown some benchmarks at it, but the fear of it dying and not having anything was to much for me. It is rated as a 6.1 in the windows experience in though. It was built five years ago. I know it's a lot to ask for but, a new Rogrig would change my everyday experience by so much! 

Case: aerocool PSG B

Borad: Asus Z77 deluxe 

cpu: i7-37770k 3.5 Ghz

Ram: x2 4gb G skill ripjaws  

gpu: nvidia gt 640

Psu: thounderbolt 1000w

cd-rom: Asus Drw-24

Hard drive: 500gb disk drive...36gb of free space

Monitor: 20in~ LG TV

IMG_1237.mp4

17 hours ago, FLAMINGxFURY said:

I went to Starbucks man, I didn't have enough mobile data to upload in 1080p xD

xD Good Idea Lmao

~Am I the only who thinks that Dwayne Johnson looks like the rock? o.O

#ROGRigReboot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uShLlFWlJiE

Please save me.  This thing needs to be put out of its misery...

This is the only computer that I personally own, and its already knee deep in the grave.
Due to the time limitations, I was not able to show how I manage to get around 12 fps on my favorite game Warframe, how the mic input no longer works, and plenty more of this rig's personal quarks.

#ROGRigReboot #LinusTechTips #PotatoMasterRace

Spec list:

Intel QX9650 - LGA775

Asus Rampage Extreme Orignal x48 - Will not post anymore

8GB Corsair GT DDR3 6x2GB
Nvidia GTX 295 (DX10.1) What good games?
Antec 380Watt PSU

Antec Case

500GB WD Green

Watercooling Block Swiftech App GT

XSPC Ram Block

Ebay pump

I built this pc a decade ago while I was in highschool in my programming class I will never get rid of the MOBO/CPU combo since those are the orignal items I bought with my own money from working over the summer. Please don't ask nothing is for sale as of now its a display piece. 

Hope you guys enjoy! Thanks for watching

Btw the stock cooler is broke so I can't use it, also using my phone to post this. image.thumb.jpeg.25dea74ae871b82a46a969ba1c444165.jpeg-Can't do a video cause- stupid iPhone doesn't know how to compress files, but i7 920,  x58 mobo, hd6850 1gb, 8gb ram, 500w psu no 80+(Also broken af) can only really run source games and Bethesda games before fallout 4, gets around 40-50  fps, it's all encompassed in a pentium iii computer case.

EDIT: I got the video on YouTube 

Edit2: A couple years ago my father was in terrible pain and had to go into the ER because of it, the first thing they did was a blood test and quickly figured out that my dad had leukemia because of this he was omitted to the hospital and they immediately started treatment. After a very tough year long battle he was able to get a bone marrow transplant, this was a miracle, but I want another miracle to happen when my rig gets saved. :)

4 minutes ago, Skringo said:

Btw the stock cooler is broke so I can't use it, also using my phone to post this. image.thumb.jpeg.25dea74ae871b82a46a969ba1c444165.jpegCan't do a video cause stupid iPhone doesn't know how to compress files, but i7 920,  x58 mobo, hd6850 1gb, 8gb ram, 500w psu no 80+(Also broken af) can only really run source games and Bethesda games before fallout 4, gets around 40-50  fps, it's all encompassed in a pentium iii computer case.

that's no way to treat an x58 board....they need loving care, as they are beautiful with triple channel DDR3 :P 

On 8/11/2017 at 7:59 PM, JacobR said:

For years I have been stuck here.

Unable to escape the AM3+ socket. I have the FX-8350, which is virtually the end of this motherboards upgrade path as you probably know, unless I wanted a 9590, but why would I buy an FX when Ryzen is out? Either way, I don't have enough money to afford not only a new CPU, but new motherboard and a whole set of new DDR4 RAM that would also be required, along with (preferably) a new case. I've bought fantastic peripherals, including an ROG Swift (Before Ryzen came out or I would've switched then) but I can't get anywhere near it's 165hz refresh let alone 60hz really while on 1440p unless I'm playing something like CSGO maybe. Warframe can get past 100, but really demanding games like GTA V or ARMA 3 have to take some significant hits to quality before I get up to 60hz. The GTX 970 I have is about as good of a video card I can get before the 8350 will begin to bottleneck.

I love PC building and build PCs for friends and family quite often, but I myself am a college student, and do not have the money to get out of this AM3 predicament.

Please help.

I think this is one of the better entries into the contest, but, you still have a 970 etc. Mine is much crappier, speed-wise, but garlic doggo still wishes you luck! <3

1 minute ago, Simple_Canadian said:

I think this is one of the better entries into the contest, but, you still have a 970 etc. Mine is much crappier, speed-wise, but garlic doggo still wishes you luck! <3

whoa

you should stay on the forum

you seem to know crap about pcs

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

1 minute ago, JDE said:

whoa

you should stay on the forum

you seem to know crap about pcs

I... I dunno if it sarcasm, or like... But I genuinely know a lot of stuff about compupers. Sometimes, it is good not to use them in the bathtub. 

Just now, Simple_Canadian said:

I... I dunno if it sarcasm, or like... But I genuinely know a lot of stuff about compupers. Sometimes, it is good not to use them in the bathtub. 

then you sha they on forum

compuwers

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

Just now, JDE said:

compuwers

you need to check out the interweb its amazing!

Intel Xeon X5650 OC'd to 4Ghz  Sapphire R9 290 Vapor X 4GB  |  Vengeance® K70 & M65  W10 Pro

1 minute ago, JDE said:

compuwers

*SimpleCanadian Gives JDE 3 an awesome highfive and a cookie

1 minute ago, MrMarriarty said:

What is the iNtERWebS?

Just now, MrMarriarty said:

you know, i pay $60 a month for this great internet service, according to my ISP speedtest it's 1000 gigabit per second, i only pay for 150 own, it's so great (I actually only get 200 mbps)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Delta - Laptop

What is the iNtERWebS?

the iNTErWeBs Is tHa GrEaTeSt tHiNg EvEr RiGhT?

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Delta - Laptop

Just now, JDE said:

you know, i pay $60 a month for this great internet service, according to my ISP speedtest it's 1000 gigabit per second, i only pay for 150 own, it's so great (I actually only get 200 mbps)

I has pay also 50 for 150 down and 15 ups

What is the iNtERWebS?

a man called wee willy winky came up with a way of getting stuff from all over the world to be on your screen, to use it got to a interweb browser and type "wee willy winky(www) + full stop + what your looking for + .com

you find out some interesting stuff i tried www.apple.com... i thought fruit.... over priced lumps aliminium apparently

Intel Xeon X5650 OC'd to 4Ghz  Sapphire R9 290 Vapor X 4GB  |  Vengeance® K70 & M65  W10 Pro

1 minute ago, MrMarriarty said:

a man called wee willy winky came up with a way of getting stuff from all over the world to be on your screen, to use it got to a interweb browser and type "wee willy winky(www) + full stop + what your looking for + .com

you find out some interesting stuff i tried www.apple.com... i thought fruit.... over priced lumps aliminium apparently

make it night theme friendly

select it all and remove formatting

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Delta - Laptop

seeing all these rigs makes me feel better to how bad mine is. But it would still be awesome to win. My video will be out soon.

For the sake of brevity I'm just going to put info about my system here. Other than that, just know that the words are more or less sincere even if the video is more or less mocking my sincerity. You'll figure it out. There are some words written in the video you may have to pause to read but they're mostly just supplemental info.

Stats:
CPU - AMD X2 250 Dual-Core @ 3.0GHz
Motherboard - MSI 870-G45
RAM - 2GB Crucial DDR3 1600
GPU - BFG Tech GeForce 7950 GT
STORAGE - 1TB Seagate SATA HDD
CASE - Cooler Master Ammo 533

There's also a DVD-ROM/CD-RW and a floppy drive but the combo drive died and the floppy drive is just there to fill the gap anymore.

I also have a "productivity" laptop I mostly use for Photoshop and general web browsing stuff. Making this video was pretty tedious on it and I can't tell you how many times I've had to wait a minute or more for Photoshop to respond when working on higher res stuff for print. Oh and the battery's shot so It has to be plugged in when in use.

TLDR; Old PC NO! Pick me YES!

PS: if you're interested in seeing the video I mention but cards don't work or you don't want to go to my channel: Boop

#ROGRigReboot