*ENTRIES CLOSED* *WINNERS UPDATED* Build a New Gaming Rig with Linus Tech Tips and ASUS ROG - ROG Rig Reboot

CPotter

#ROGRigReboot#ROGRigReboot#ROGRigReboot#ROGRigReboot#ROGRigReboot#ROGRigReboot#ROGRigReboot#ROGRigReboot#ROGRigReboot#ROGRigReboot#ROGRigReboot#ROGRigReboot#ROGRigReboot#ROGRigReboot

THE VIDEO LINUS -Ayden.mp4

Not Cool :(

chrome_2017-08-11_22-20-52.png.466cfa19c6355fbf2ce1cc533fdf1aa0.png

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

22 hours ago, Art Urban said:

just install a different OS on it... 

my mother locked the boot menu, and that doesn't solve the issue with the graphics card. What can you do with 2GB of VRAM?

Me when
me when I'm driving
whataburger???

#ROGRigReboot 

So yeah my computer can bearly handle Minecraft and Roblox without lag. Well if I'm being completely honest it has lag on Minecraft to and even ROBLOX... so if i I get to be a lucky winner maybe just maybe my gaming experience will be boosted times 10. I also wanted to start a youtube channel and even maybe get to get to rack up a nice little fan base but no I will never be able to because my PC can not even with stand me simply putting an HTML text on a video in ShotCut.

So yeah that's why is think i should be the winner of #ROGRigReboot

THE VIDEO LINUS -Ayden.mp4

#ROGRigReboot

Story:

Back in around March of 2014 my parents bought a (dare I say it) a Mac and were about to throw away this desktop. At the time I had nothing and thought it would be cool to have my own PC. It was amazing for what I used it for at the time, YouTube and using Libre Write. But since then I have gotten into some PC gaming. I would play games like CS:GO whenever I had the time to go to a friends house but all I could run on this PC was Team Fortress and barely Minecraft. I was thinking of maybe adding in one of the small form factor graphics cards but the PSU has like no wattage left for even a Wireless card. After installing Windows 10, I realized something, it got slower not surprisingly and I couldn't go back because the CD Rom drive was missing and I didn't have a windows 7 install disc (at the time I didn't know you could install from a flash drive). I was stuck with windows 10, hard drive space was depleting, and I couldn't run many games anymore. Until I saw what Linus Media Group and ASUS was doing! I didn't sound that encouraged in the video but I am very excited to see what will happen next!

Specs:

CPU : Intel i5 650

PSU : 290W HP branded

RAM / Memmory : 4gb of DDR3

GPU : None other than the integrated graphics!

Motherboard : Some HP branded mobo

Benchmarks and other stuff

Other than surfing the web my PC cant do much other than that but FurMark could barely run and Cinebench with 248cb.

Whenever the PC shuts down Windows Explorer gives an error and sometime brings up a BSOD when trying to shut down. I have tried repairing Windows and it says there's nothing wrong which I can question heavily. Well if anybody a LMG is even reading this I thank you for taking the time to read through this and understand what I have here. Good luck to everyone else reading this.

Thank you, and have a great day =]

My PC Life:

I have always loved the idea of building my own computer but I can't afford the parts for one and I don't want to build a 500$ one when I can save up a little more to get a higher quality. I always watch your videos and their always so funny while providing lots of useful info. My favorite game IS tf2 and the computer I have right now cant even run it! I also want to enter the computer engineering field and I applied for some courses this year. A new computer would be a life saver right about now. But as I said money is tight so I hope I win and if I don't, well better like next time I guess. However even if I lose I'll still continue to be a loyal fan!

Former Bronze Contributor 

CPU: Intel i7-7700K 4.2 GHz / CPU Cooler: Cryorig H7  / Board: ASRock Z270 Taichi / GPU: Nvidia 1060 6gb EVGA SC / GPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken G12 with Thermaltake Water 3.0 120mm RAM: White Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 2666 MHz SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo 250 and 3TB WD blue HDD / PSU: Corasir 550cx / Case: NZXT s340 Elite White 

Im a super Italian. Kapish.

here's my entry video. I'm 13 years old and i live in Washington state 

#ROGRigReboot

Benchmarks prove that I can't beat a 3 generation old CPU, can't run games smoothly, who built that? the cable management is atrocious any why no AIO or aftermarket air cooler....or just go balls to the wall with a custom water loop to cool that tiny CPU

As you can hear....I also need a better gaming headset, as the audio is crappy, and don't get me started with the TV that is my only monitor, which  equally sucks for gaming (or content creation).

Benchmarks?  I could truely get better performance out of an actual park bench...

Thanks for your consideration,

Dan

#ROGRigReboot

#ROGRigReboot

CPU: i7 920 2.67GHz (Overclocked to an insane 3GHz:o)

MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD3R Socket 1366

RAM: 16GB DDR3 900MHz - Triple Channel B|

GFX: AMD R9 290 Vapor x 4GB DDR5

Displays: LG 32" TV 1080p 60Hz & Apple Cinema Display 23"

5990fb4de2911_Screenshot(158).thumb.png.c287b18a135712b8100d7bf12aff67c8.png

Intel Xeon X5650 OC'd to 4Ghz  Sapphire R9 290 Vapor X 4GB  |  Vengeance® K70 & M65  W10 Pro

Specs: In Video

Backstory: This is my current "Gaming Rig" that i use to play games, the only game i have really played on here is "Minecraft" I purchased "CSGO" on steam but it failed to even run.

Games it can play (As far as i know)

Minecraft

online flash player games

Games it can't play

Mostly everything else... LOL

Why I should win:

I should win the contest because I want to be able to keep with my cousins because they are all on PC now, I also want to win this because I will be attending College within the next 2 years and i would love to have a reliable rig so I can work on class work with ease, my computer is slowly failing because of a coffee spill, hard drive frying, and the battery needing to be plugged in 24/7 otherwise it will instantly turn off.

I appreciate the consideration of the LTT crew and I really hope to win!

Good luck everyone!!!!!!

#ROGRigReboot

Hello this is my submission to the #ROGRigreboot #ROGRIGREBOOT. I tried to make a pretty good video with the low budget camera I have so ignore it. lol... but this computer has been with me from 2013 back when my son was about to be born. My son was a conjoined twin with his brother and was at Vanderbilt hospital in nashville TN. While waiting for him to be born we had to stay for 3 months in a hotel cause my wife was extremely close to going into labor at anytime (She got flown into TN by plane cause she went into labor in another state) But they stopped the labor in time and she was fine for a few months... but we couldn't leave just in case something did happen... The doctors warned us that if she did have the baby without the TEAM of doctors we had for our new borns that they might have problems with c-section or birth in general...He ended up having heart failure cause of pumping blood to his brother and his heart couldn't keep up with all the work. They never got the chance to separate them. So the only way I could stay calm and not think about what was going on is to build my computer... at this point i had bought a motherboard... a case... but not a video card or ram or power supply.. so I order all my parts... they come to the hotel and I was waiting outside everyday for my packages and picked them up... my mother drove all the way there with my screen and stuff like that so i could test it... I ordered a little wifi adapter and I still have the adapter too... its being used on my wife's computer. I did replace the video cards once and the motherboard once... and changed cpu's to the intel QX6700...

Specs

QX6700 at 3.3GHZ

8GB of SLI ram running 800MHZ

TWO 9800 GTX+ cards running a small overclock.

64GB SSD Adata

500GB Hard Drive

680i motherboard

Rosewill 600w powersupply... this is a really old powersupply i can't believe all this hardware still works lol.

Zalman air cooler.

Dvd R/w drive

Two Dell reused monitors and one Hanns-G monitor

Benchmarks

Unigine heaven

Fps 33.3

Score 840

Min fps 14.2

Max fps 58.0

Preset Basic - Directx3D9 -1280X720 windowed

Tomb Raider (2013) i think?

Max Fps 62.3

Avg Fps 42.5

Min Fps 0.4

3DMark

"Cloud Gate" Benchmark

Score 6179 combined

Graphics score 8523

Physics Fps 10.00

Test 1 Fps 33.69

Test 2 Fps 41.17

Can not run AT ALL

Dead Island

The lone dark runs so slow I cant even play it..

Subnautica runs so slow on low settings i cant even play...

Witcher 1-3 is my favorite games but can't play them worth crap either...

MODDED Skyrim or Stalker series I love but can't run mods on either of them... laggy

Crysis (don't get me started.)

Dying light... on god... talk about a lag party

Tomb raider... "Newer one" nope.

any Dx10+ games which is ALOT of games nowadays :(...

None of these are SLI enabled because im using three monitors so its set up for more monitors and I really can't use SLI for gaming unless they are turned off... I know this is sad... I was sad when i learned of this... but it is what it is... unless I buy a newer card which I hope to do one day or win this...

The computer will not play any games that are DirectX 10+ its only up to 9 so i can't play alot of games...

this is my full on DAILY driver I used it to edit this video i posted and all my youtube playing or video gaming... lately i've been playing STALKER SHOC or Clear sky or COP (call of pripyat) so they don't take much horsepower but COP does lag abit... the reason I haven't upgraded is I have kids after my first twins passed away in 2013 and they come first so I held off on the computers for now... so this would be a HUGE help to me and my family we wanted to use a VR headset lately but can't afford a good computer let alone the headset itself... but if we could afford the headset then I need a GOOD computer to even use it... or not get sick.... thank you for the giveaway linus and group and hope I have a chance! good luck to everyone and all the winners!! I tried to put some easter eggs in the video and some "linus inspired things."

I also had something drawn on my back but its hard to see... if anyone can make it out I'll laugh or i'll just post a pic of it later on... lol! This is something i put my heart and soul into years ago and i just didn't buy something off a shelf I even lapped the cpu for more cooling hoping to overclock this cpu a little more... I started to custom paint the computer and everything... this is my baby... I built her with my bare hands and love it but its time for an upgrade and I'd keep her as a desktop art piece from now on if I did get another computer!

http://wkrn.com/2013/04/02/parents-to-be-hope-doctors-can-save-surviving-conjoined-twin/

^ this was when the computer was built and the reason it was built. we lost both kids one in the womb and one a few hours after he was born we got to hold him till the end and ended up having to drive all the way home with him in the car with us cause no burial service would do it without charging $20.000 or more in fees cause it was such a long drive... needless to say gaming and computers pretty much turned my life around i kept using this computer daily and replaced parts as i went and still keep it close to me cause of all that has happened... if i won i'd build a beast in his honor and use it for my youtube channel cause right now my computer can't even record anything at the moment.

(we just moved into our house and thats the reason for the boxes for a desk btw. ignore that fact.)

#ROGRigReboot Linus Tech Tips Entry

Sorry for filming it vertically, only realized it when I was uploading it. Thanks for doing this contest and taking the time to consider my entry. Battlefront II looks so amazing and I really hope to be able to join my friends for this installment of the game. Good luck to all who entered.

I did this video for a joke, but if I could get a second PC, that would be nice. I'm already getting rid of the Xbox, and otherwise, I have nothing at my moms place. You can't get much out dated, or worse than nothing. And I call the Chromebook nothing because... well you know. Anyway, here it is;

ROGVideoSubmission.mp4

On 8/11/2017 at 3:53 PM, TravisReale said:

#ROGRigReboot

I have a unknown case with asrock n68c-gs fx and i have been using it for 3 years now. If you look at the photos you'll see why i need a upgrade. And yes it has no panels those broke off last year the graphics card I had in it died last month. It stutters more then i do. I cant play any games on it anymore. You be the judge on how bad it is. Sorry i don't have a video of it running its way to loud plus it cant run anything besides the internet at the moment.

20793547_1382549121863518_1418700714_o.jpg

20793617_1382549165196847_181390540_o.jpg

20793902_1382549228530174_1700218567_o.jpg

thats a case with a snake on the side and front.. my wife has that same case but its in perfect condition.. bought it YEARS ago.

#ROGRigReboot

Specs: Core i3, 4 GB RAM, 128 SSD

I've always dreamed about gaming with my friends on aaa titles, and I hope that this giveaway can fulfill that dream. 

Great vids guys, keep up the good work!

safe_image.php?d=AQB69O5SLBaaYIac&w=960&

I can't run Minecraft, GMod even csgo can't run on this.I can't test any games that I make I've been letting my whole team down

HP Compaq 6530b - 14.1" - Core 2 Duo T9400 - 2 GB RAM - 160 GB HDD Series Specifications my specs

If I win I will finally be able to game the right way and I will be able to actually see the games I play in halfway decent quality.

On 8/11/2017 at 8:21 PM, Ethan4761 said:

A real man loads up his editing software to stare at an uploading screen for 1 hour and then painstakingly watches his cursor glitch across the screen as he picks up items and puts them into the correct positions. I literally did this... well, not yet done, but almost. I'm at the 4h mark and I've told myself that "I've come to far to throw it all away."

Reveal hidden contents

Here's my pile of crap I would have loved to have run some games on it for the becnchmarks but it won't.

#ROGRigReboot

Hi, so here is my entry :)

Good luck guys!

im trowing the YT link just in case :

On 8/11/2017 at 2:06 PM, CPotter said:

2017-08-11.png

We're inviting you to send us a 30 - 60-second video tour of your outdated gaming rig, explaining why you should win a free gaming PC upgrade at the Linus Tech Tips office with Linus! Tell us why your rig isn't cutting it and how ASUS ROG can make your dreams come true. 

Winners will be selected based on:

- Hardware specifications

- Games (That you can or cannot run)

- Story

- Creativity

Please link your video within this thread and use #ROGRigReboot in your entry post so we can filter through the applications easier. :D 

Applications for video entries will close on  August 21st - later that week we'll be picking three winners who will be direct messaged here through the forum! From there we'll coordinate flights and accommodations which we're hoping to do on September 7th here in Surrey, BC, Canada.

*This giveaway is limited to residents in North America only, ages 18 or older, or younger accompanied by a guardian*

Follow ASUS ROG on social media for updates!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/rog.n.america

Twitter: twitter.com/ASUSUSA

Instagram: instagram.com/rog_na/

Check out the ASUS ROG store on Facebook: http://geni.us/asusrogfacebookstore

I tried posting earlier but couldn't find it in the forum, so now I'm reuploading it.  My setup is all powered by an Acer aspire one with an Intel atom processor