*ENTRIES CLOSED* *WINNERS UPDATED* Build a New Gaming Rig with Linus Tech Tips and ASUS ROG - ROG Rig Reboot

CPotter

I missed LTX pls let me win #ROGRigReboot

~~The Rig~~

||   CPU: Ryzen 5 1500x   ||   CPU COOLER: Stock Wraith Spire   ||   Mobo: MSI Tomahawk B350   ||   Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 8x2 (3000mHz)   ||   SSD: Inland 120gb (Bootdrive)   ||   HDD(s): Seagate 1tb/WD Green 1tb   ||   GPU: Radeon 480 (reference design)  ||   Case: Cooler Master Masterbox Lite  ||   PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2   ||

I call this my 'I like the idea of gaming' rig.

computer: Toshiba Satellite L655-s5160

specs:

CPU: Intel Core i3 cpu M 380@ 2.53 GHz

RAM: 4 GB

GPU: hahahahah

Storage: 500 GB 7200 rpm HDD

Games: 

I can play solitaire, mine sweeper, even spider solitaire, after that things look significantly more like slideshows rather than games.

#ROGRigReboot

link to my beast:

https://youtu.be/mE95BIATW-M

On 8/11/2017 at 2:06 PM, CPotter said:

2017-08-11.png

We're inviting you to send us a 30 - 60-second video tour of your outdated gaming rig, explaining why you should win a free gaming PC upgrade at the Linus Tech Tips office with Linus! Tell us why your rig isn't cutting it and how ASUS ROG can make your dreams come true. 

Winners will be selected based on:

- Hardware specifications

- Games (That you can or cannot run)

- Story

- Creativity

Please link your video within this thread and use #ROGRigReboot in your entry post so we can filter through the applications easier. :D 

Applications for video entries will close on  August 21st - later that week we'll be picking three winners who will be direct messaged here through the forum! From there we'll coordinate flights and accommodations which we're hoping to do on September 7th here in Surrey, BC, Canada.

*This giveaway is limited to residents in North America only, ages 18 or older, or younger accompanied by a guardian*

Follow ASUS ROG on social media for updates!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/rog.n.america

Twitter: twitter.com/ASUSUSA

Instagram: instagram.com/rog_na/

Check out the ASUS ROG store on Facebook: http://geni.us/asusrogfacebookstore

I lost my leg to cancer and my gaming pc blow out 

#ROGRigReboot #LinusTechTips #PLSLETMEWIN 

I would love to win a gaming pc that can actually play games, I would also really like to meet the LTT team but I couldn't make it to LTX 2017. I've watched LTT videos for almost 5 years now and I was also a Vessel subscriber back when that was a thing.

Story: 

I have been trying to get a new PC for almost 5 years now I still can't afford to get a new one when I have to pay for school supplies and textbooks.

Creativity: 

I added some of what I think is called "B-Roll" as my creative element.

Specs

CPU: Pentium E5200 @ 2.5 GHz (idles at 71C)

GPU: ATI Radeon HD 3850 512MB AGP (idles at 78C)

RAM: 4GB DDR2 667 MHz Single Channel 

HDD: 160 GB IDE 5400 rpm 

FAN: Really loud and does nothing 

Benchmarks:

Cinebench: 127 cb

Heaven Benchmark: 307 points

Geekbench 4: SC:277 MC:325

Game Benchmarks:

CSGO (lowest settings): 8-10 FPS

Rust: Unplayable   

Ark: Unplayable (computer blue screens at launch) 

Minecraft: 10-15 FPS 

Overwatch: Unplayable 

Tomb Raider: Unplayable

Minesweeper: 60 FPS ??

Team Fortress 2: 11-12 FPS

Happy Wheels: 32 FPS

Superhot: Unplayable

Most OpenGL and DirectX11 games won't even start!

Note:

Also I live in Canada if thats important 

Laptop:           Model: 2017 MacBook Pro | CPU: i7-7820HQ | GPU: Radeon Pro 500 Series GPU| Storage: 512GB NVMe SSD | RAM: 16GB RAM

Gaming Pc:    CPU: i5-10400 | Mobo: ASUS H470-I | RAM: 16GB 2666MHz | GPU: Radeon VII 16GB |  OS: Win 10 | |  Storage: 1TB NVMe SSD

Old Gaming Pc:    CPU: i7-6700K | Mobo: ASUS Z170-A | RAM: 16GB 2166MHz | GPU: GTX 1080|  OS: Win 10 | | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow chroma | Mouse: Logitech MX Master |

#ROGRigReboot

I'm not sure if I said it in the video but when I play games like CSGO my CPU gets up to about 65 degrees Celsius.

#RogRigReboot

Hey Linus,

I'm John Shultzaberger and I deserve to get the Asus ROG Reboot because I have the worst gaming rig. I have a HP Pavilion P6000 with an AMD Athlon II Quad Core at 2.5 GHz. It also has 2gb of DDR3 RAM, and ATI Radeon Integrated Graphics 4200. All of these specs may sound decent but the results are quite the opposite. First off I had to use the Windows 7 it came with because Windows 10 couldn't run on it. Then when I could get a game to open I had to play at the lowest settings possible, which is not enjoyable. As if that wasn't bad enough, when I heard of this contest I tried to find a benchmark that didn't require a DirectX graphics card, or a graphics card at all, that would work. Then after I finally got it to work at the lowest settings I had to find a CPU benchmark program. This wasn't as difficult but still challenging. I started up the program, then POOF, my computer died. I waited then tried to turn on the computer again but nothing happened. I tried everything, but nothing posted. Because of this my view won't be edited and I won't have any benchmarks but I will show you my setup, and what was inside my desktop. Please pick me for the Asus ROG Reboot. #ROGRigReboot.  

Video:AF1QipPDKdHMDO48MF2w-NCuXCDxHq77oQJjx_nApqcO 

Games I can't run: Every single one.

Games I can run: none, my rig is dead.

#RogRigReboot

This thing is on its last legs. It gets so hot that it need a case to not start a fire. It can only run the most basic of games, and the mouse I have is a cheap wireless eblue. 5th gen intel i7. Wining a pc and meeting the LTT crew would be a dream come true. There are so many games I would love to play on a good pc. I saved up for the laptop a while back, and made the dumb choice of choosing a mac, since my old laptop was a big turd with 2gb ram. My laptop has been through a lot over the years, and i think i pushed it way to hard in terms of use. Whenever I could, I would fire it up and watch you guys on youtube. Ive been interested in a career in aeronautics but that would require a computer capable of CAD, which as seen in the video, mine is clearly incapable of doing anything but the most basic stuff. I played tf2 for a while on it at 20-40 fps, but had to reset the computer because it was broke, and it then was unable to install steam for some weird reason. The only other game i could run was minecraft, but I deleted it and now i forgot my password for my account. It is really sad to see this computer slowly die, since it has a lot of sentimental value. 

#ROGRigReboot

Alienware 15 R3

GTX 1070

32 GB RAM

512gb NVME + 1TB HDD

No regrets

why is my enter key rigged to the save button, I keep saving on accident

Alienware 15 R3

GTX 1070

32 GB RAM

512gb NVME + 1TB HDD

No regrets

My laptop was involved in a tragic accident. She was left in a vegetative state and the price for a transplant is out of my budget. I have considered ending life support but would need outside assistance to get through the tough process. Please Linus, help me get past this horrible stage in life and move on to better things. Thank you!

Heres a summary of the specs from Speccy

CPU
    Intel Core i7 6700HQ @ 2.60GHz    
    Skylake 14nm Technology
RAM
    8.00GB Single-Channel Unknown @ 1063MHz (15-15-15-36)
Motherboard
    Acer Aspire VN7-592G (U3E1)    
Graphics
    Generic PnP Monitor (1920x1080@60Hz)
    Intel HD Graphics 530 (Acer Incorporated [ALI])
    4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M (Acer Incorporated [ALI])    
    ForceWare version: 382.05
    SLI Disabled
Storage
    931GB Western Digital WDC WD10JPVX-22JC3T0 (SATA)

This laptop is in shambles. It is always running hot and hardly can handle any gaming at all. I really need to upgrade but due to college I have practically no money to spend on building a new PC. I would really appreciate the chance to not only meet the best YouTuber of all time, but also to get some expert help on creating a new rig! I really hope I win!!

EDIT: I got Overwatch to start (my favorite game), and it is currently running at 7-8 FPS on the menu.... Dear God, let me win. 

On 2017-08-11 at 5:06 PM, CPotter said:

2017-08-11.png

We're inviting you to send us a 30 - 60-second video tour of your outdated gaming rig, explaining why you should win a free gaming PC upgrade at the Linus Tech Tips office with Linus! Tell us why your rig isn't cutting it and how ASUS ROG can make your dreams come true. 

Winners will be selected based on:

- Hardware specifications

- Games (That you can or cannot run)

- Story

- Creativity

Please link your video within this thread and use #ROGRigReboot in your entry post so we can filter through the applications easier. :D 

Applications for video entries will close on  August 21st - later that week we'll be picking three winners who will be direct messaged here through the forum! From there we'll coordinate flights and accommodations which we're hoping to do on September 7th here in Surrey, BC, Canada.

*This giveaway is limited to residents in North America only, ages 18 or older, or younger accompanied by a guardian*

Follow ASUS ROG on social media for updates!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/rog.n.america

Twitter: twitter.com/ASUSUSA

Instagram: instagram.com/rog_na/

Check out the ASUS ROG store on Facebook: http://geni.us/asusrogfacebookstore

Thank you for this amazing opportunity and I wish everyone the best of luck :) 

I would like to play pretty much anything other than minecraft not at the lowest settings possible to achieve playable frame rates!

The CPU on my desk was the original CPU, an intel core 2 duo e8400.

The computer originally came with an old ATI graphics card with 250mb of ram, but I later "upgraded" it to a zotac gt 710.

I also tried to upgrade the ram but I wasted my money on the wrong ram. It turns out the motherboard with 4 slots for ram can't handle 4 sticks of 4gb ram (it can only handle 4 sticks of 2gb ram) so that was the end of that. That was the ram on my desk (I couldn't even return it!)

(I know the video is not too good but I tried my best with what I had)

MineCraft actually runs at 47 FPS max, I just screwed up in the video, still aweful though!

#ROGRigReboot

Summary: 

-dell optiex 960

-Intel core 2 quad q6600 @2.4 ghz 8mb cache

-zotac GT 710 with 2gb ddr3 memory

-4 gb of ddr2 ram

-proprietary dell mother board and heat sinc

-80gb 7200 rpm hardrive

-160gb 7200 rpm hard drive

-240 watt dell proprietary power supply 

-2 cd drives

All of these other people with there older i5's and i7's seem lucky compared to me ?

Once again thank you Linus tech tips and asus for this amazing opportunity!

#ROGRigReeboot

Good luck to everyone who enters! Also thanks to the Linus Tech Tips team for this opportunity.
I left links to the parts of my rig in the video description. I hope you all enjoy my top of the line gaming rig!

Hello! I have such a bad PC, but I live outside of US. Can my friend from US claim the gift for me? Thanks :)

1 minute ago, Asendor said:

Hello! I have such a bad PC, but I live outside of US. Can my friend from US claim the gift for me? Thanks :)

I don't think that is allowed, But I am not the sure.

11 minutes ago, Creeper_Killer12 said:

I don't think that is allowed, But I am not the sure.

Let's hope it is, cuz my Intel Celeron D is dying on me LUL. I played GTA Vice City 10 times :D only thing that runs at 50 fps

This is my video for #ROGRigReboot 

https://youtu.be/TGBnhY60C_c

Specifications if you didn't get them clearly:

Cooler Master 212 evo

Some random am3+ motherboard

amd fx 8350 clocked to 4.3ghz with bent pins that effect performance significantly

8gb of samsung 1600mhz ram

gtx 1070 current card being borrowed

gt 730 bricked, is actually dead

750w 80+bronze power supply from Corsair

Corrupted Windows 10

This was made using windows movie maker and the editing skills of a brick filmed using my phone. This laptop is my second laptop I bought this one for $100 on ebay because the laptop i had before which was a dell inspiron from 2012 which had an i5 dual core and intel integrated graphics, had started smoking while I was using it, so I took the battery out and sent it to some repair guy, I don't think it'll get fixed.

I would love to win the #ROGRigReboot so I can play games with my friends before I ship out to boot camp in the coming months and hopefully I can learn how to edit video because with this video you can tell my skill is not of par. I would like to be a military vlogger and the only way you can be good is with decent content am I right.

When I took benchmarks some things felt strange as if some of these games i shouldn't get close to the fps i did compared to the others. All games were done on minimum settings.

Thanks for reading and watching.

#ROGRigReboot

#ROGRigReboot

I decided to write a song for my entry. The guitar part was written and played by myself, and the lyrics were written by me and sung by text to speech. I put a lot of effort into this, hope you like it.

Eyyy thats pretty good.

2 minutes ago, Zach Smith said:

#ROGRigReboot

I decided to write a song for my entry. The guitar part was written and played by myself, and the lyrics were written by me and sung by text to speech. I put a lot of effort into this, hope you like it.

#ROGRigReboot entry

Video Link: https://youtu.be/5fuur9HonPs

Video: 

No cinebench score because of 32 bit os, 3.4 score from Windows, and Minecraft gets about 15 FPS before crashing 2 seconds after it opens a world.

Specs

Service Pack 1

Model: Dell Inspiron 530S (bought in 2008)

CPU: Intel Pentium Dual Core E2200 clocked at 2.20ghz

RAM: 2gb ddr2 memory

HDD: 350gb 7200rpm hard drive

Hi, My name is Andrew I am a huge tech nerd and a big fan of Linus tech tips. I would be honored to receive this PC from LTT and ROG because my PC right now is almost unusable. #RogRigReboot

Question Linus, can Puerto Rico citicents apply for this competition or do they not?

#rigreboot #rig reboot  #ROGRigReboot

Slightly longer than 1 minute, but hope it works. I live in Ottawa, Canada (so I think I'm north american); and a new rig would definitely be ... nice (especially for CAD work - which doesn't really work rn)

It runs Elementary OS (elementary.io); so benchmarks don't really work...although if you were wondering:

Tf2: 2fps (before crash)

Minecraft: crash

Robocraft: 4fps

(all lowest settings).

and the mouse is a logitech m185 (bought for $4).

This is my only setup as of now, I would love for the chance to be brought out to build a new rig.