[Project] - NOIS3D - NZXT s340 --> FINISHED

BTA

Ended up having pile of components for cool idea build. Wanted to make s340 look little bit better, so here's project NOIS3D!

Project: NOIS3D
watercooled s340

Specs:

• Intel i5 6600k
  • Asus maximus VIII Ranger
  • 2x GTX 980ti 2x GTX 780s
  • NZXT s340 case
  • Watercooling junk

First thing was to get rid of that ugly PSU cover/SSD mounts and HDD rack under it. Oh almost forgot and make room for 360mm radiator at front!

After this it is time for custom tank and new PSU/cable cover, custom cables yadayadayada. First try:

35918604772_ea4e53a25a_b.jpg

Test assembly. Ended up buying ''used'' Cablemod black/red kit (tho i dont like it at all), because this project is going to be sold away in pieces or at once when finished. Still waiting PSU to arrive, so I could measure rest of tubing. First time making PETG tubing and does look OK.. might do new ones when everything finished and putting this together before selling/breaking it to pieces...

Wondering how i'm going to route GPU cables. Make a black cable tunnel coming straight up, or route them same way as 24-pin cable, from right.

35634256344_2a5a70f0da_b.jpg

36469373625_446f532317_b.jpg

• 7 months later...

One day this is going to be done, but for now...

• Inlet for the pump done
  • Tank threads done
  • Painting started
  • Meaning to leave ''PSU Cover'' with mirror effect, only painting other side. Trying to get nice reflection-action!
  • Also changed all the fans - Sponsored by Corsair! (nope) :smoke:

40085595274_a39a512274_h.jpg
25923716567_c83597f888_h.jpg
40085597674_ec40c9dcb1_h.jpg
40085598784_6129e9dbcb_h.jpg

That mirror finish is looking nice, such a great compact build of a case...love it! I am curious though, what is the order in your loop, is it GPU > CPU or CPU > GPU?

4 minutes ago, cartdog said:

That mirror finish is looking nice, such a great compact build of a case...love it! I am curious though, what is the order in your loop, is it GPU > CPU or CPU > GPU?

GPUs --> CPU --> Rad --> Pump

e. Just realized I dont have a fill port on my loop...

• Tank painted, had little bit bad masking-tape. Was really hard to take off..
  • Little bit of mirror-goodness!
  • SLI-Bridge cover coming probably tomorrow

39021502450_ca4fbfa988_b.jpg
26961492808_5f220e46c2_b.jpg
26961493958_eb10a81b10_b.jpg

You know that water tank idea is really understated, not something you see often. When you think of it you don't need some giant 500mm tank, so your subtle take on a reservoir is really cool indeed and it won't detract away from the rest of the build or become a focal point as many water tanks do it custom loops. Nice work. Looking forward to seeing it progress further.

On 3/13/2018 at 6:30 PM, BTA said:
  • Also changed all the fans - Sponsored by Corsair! (nope) :smoke:

Any particular you reason you went from Noctua to Corsair? I think most people would consider it a downgrade

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

7 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

Any particular you reason you went from Noctua to Corsair? I think most people would consider it a downgrade

To my eyes white/black Corsair fan has nicer look and options for customization. My personal opinion is that Corsair fans are just fine when using under 40-60% RPM. (depending on version)

SLI bridge is done and it came out quite good I think. Only problem is that for the first time Flickr is not working for me. Timedout error when uploading.

Tell me do you like the SLI-Bridge? It's little bit too tall, but for this project I'm not bothering to solder my own cables for it. -_-

26165903927_afe4d62d59_b.jpg

Looks nice to me...

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

• 2 weeks later...

Well done man, nice to see it has turned out how you like it. The SLi bride is a nice addition too, it all ties in well. Don't take this as a criticism, because it's not, but what do you think of having a 90° fitting coming from the mid-plate and a 90° fitting coming from the inlet of the bottom GPU and a piece of tubing connecting the two? A straight run running horizontal to the mid plate. I don't know if that is possible but I'm sure you've already considered it.

12 minutes ago, cartdog said:

Well done man, nice to see it has turned out how you like it. The SLi bride is a nice addition too, it all ties in well. Don't take this as a criticism, because it's not, but what do you think of having a 90° fitting coming from the mid-plate and a 90° fitting coming from the inlet of the bottom GPU and a piece of tubing connecting the two? A straight run running horizontal to the mid plate. I don't know if that is possible but I'm sure you've already considered it.

I'm tired replying to this. Mid-plate you are referring to that mirror finished bottom cover/PSU cover right? Was looking for 90° fittings but had none to use there. In the end I kinda like seeing under the GPU's for that small mirror effect. :x

Those PSU cables to GPU's are messy. Thought that would bother me much, but honestly that mess dissappears little bit next to odd shaped loop order. Front panel is NOT painted by me, hilariously Noctua and ROG logos are painted aswell xD

My girlfriend got mad at me and called my super dumb for what I'm going to do with this build and I understand. Tear her apart :(

Black/red s340 was good starting point for this build, thanks my wallet for sponsoring! (small wallet, becasue had to buy it used)

39550938660_b10d35ff1a_b.jpg

40465271455_528c3cf729_b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Great project, NZXT gave me the razer edition of the S340 and I havent had time to do anything with (yet)

17 years of helping you void your warranty

On 21.4.2018 at 3:58 PM, Mnpctech said:

Great project, NZXT gave me the razer edition of the S340 and I havent had time to do anything with (yet)

Thanks xD modded case is stored and waiting for use/someone to buy it.. Some more video progress.. I hope some people find something from these videos. Atleast for me they're good reminders what I've done and what to do better.^_^

• 4 weeks later...