will that bluetooth dongle work with the xbox one controller ?

a_gaming_Girl

I bought the xbox one controller (brand 6CL-00002)

my gaming pc does not have a Bluetooth built in

I found this Bluetooth dongle will it work

I did not bought it yet

----

ET-BT4

usb

3Mbps

A2DP, AVRCP, DUN-GW, HSP, HFP A2DP AVTCP, FTP, OPP, Audio-GW, FAX, BPP and tec

support windows 8.1 and 10

--

my motherboard is gigabyte z170x gaming 5

i7 6700k

No

My Personal Computer

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz (OC 3.8) 6-Core Processor

Cpu cooler DEEPCOOL Gamer Storm CAPTAIN 240EX WHITE 
Motherboard: MSI - B350 TOMAHAWK ARCTIC ATX AM4 Motherboard 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz RAM 8x3

Storage: SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 256GB SATA III

Storage:SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 500GB SATA III
Video Card: RTX 2060
Case: NZXT - S340 Elite (White) ATX Mid Tower Case 
Power Supply: EVGA 550 B3 550W

Peripherals

Monitor: Acer XF240H 24" TN Free-Sync ,144 Hz 

Keyboard: Corsair k95 RGB platinum

Mouse: Razer basilisk

Headset: Hyperx cloud alpha pro

Just now, a_gaming_Girl said:

I bought the xbox one controller (brand 6CL-00002)

my gaming pc does not have a Bluetooth built in

I found this Bluetooth dongle will it work

----

ET-BT4

usb

3Mbps

A2DP, AVRCP, DUN-GW, HSP, HFP A2DP AVTCP, FTP, OPP, Audio-GW, FAX, BPP and tec

support windows 8.1 and 10

--

my motherboard is gigabyte z170x gaming 5

i7 6700k

I believe only the microsoft USB adapter supports the xbox one controller, officially anyway. The only way to see it to find out.

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

IIRC you need a special Microsoft Bluetooth dongle to use an Xbox controller on your PC 

or a wired one. 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Just now, themctipers said:

IIRC you need a special Microsoft Bluetooth dongle to use an Xbox controller on your PC 

or a wired one. 

Just now, fixitnow said:

I believe only the microsoft USB adapter supports the xbox one controller, officially anyway. The only way to see it to find out.

Just now, Vernw3 said:

No

come on please I said the brand is 6CL-00002

so it is the S version

Just now, a_gaming_Girl said:

so it is the S version

What?

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

1 minute ago, a_gaming_Girl said:

so it is the S version

rolls off the tongue, that's the model 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Just now, fixitnow said:

What?

The Xbox One S controllers work with Bluetooth or Xbox Wireless.

Bluetooth only functions in conjunction with the Windows 10 Aniversary Update though.

18 minutes ago, fixitnow said:

What?

Xbox One S model.

According to what I can find, that specific controller should be able to connect to a regular bluetooth connection, like the one on your phone or PC.

Since he says his bluetooth adapter only goes as fast as 3 Mbps, that would be Bluetooth 2.0, dunno which version that controller require to work... is bluetooth backward/forward compatible? Worst case, he can just buy a cheap BT 4.0 adapter off the web for like, $5 or less.

Microsoft is certainly of no help on this, not even giving which version of bluetooth they require.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/accessories/connect-and-troubleshoot-xbox-one-bluetooth-issues-windows-10

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

1 minute ago, TetraSky said:

Xbox One S model.

Xbox one X

one Xbox one x

Xbox one X box

One Xbox one X box

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

6 minutes ago, a_gaming_Girl said:

ET-BT4

I can't find that model number on google. Link?

You say it has EDR 3Mbit so it should be fine, but I can't make any guarantees.

OP isn't talking about the first gen of Xbox One controllers you doofs. I have one and those do require a special adapter. The newer ones are bluetooth capable.

ITT: People who don't know about Xbox One controllers trying to give advice on Xbox One controllers.

Found this thread when looking up this topic
http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-3141673/xbox-bluetooth-controller.html#r18641893

Someone said they had a BT 2.0 dongle, just like you(BT 2.0 is limited to 3Mbps after all) and it didn't work for them, so they went and bought a BT 4.0 dongle and now it works, so I'm gonna assume that no, it will not work for you either.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Okay, to make this simple since people on here don't seem to know anything about console stuff.... How sad.... You guys really let the pcmasterrace thing go to your head way to much.

Any Bluetooth adapter will work on your system with an Xbox One Controller as long as it's the newest model of Xbone controller and you are using the last Win 10 update. OR You have the option of buying the wireless adapter from Microsoft that they provide which I would recommend because the Bluetooth thing doesn't work well IMO. Other people may think different but having the Xbone controller connected through USB (I'm a wired elitist so this is always my preferred option) or the Microsoft Wireless device are the best options until they work out their Bluetooth issues. 

Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus, 32GB Cosair Vengenace LP 3600mhz, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra,  Sabrent Rocket 4 1TB NVME SSD, WD Blue SN570 NVME SSD, 4TB Mass storage, EVGA 750W G2, Corsair 270R

6 minutes ago, Ophidio said:

Any Bluetooth adapter will work on your system with an Xbox One Controller as long as it's the newest model of Xbone controller and you are using the last Win 10 update.

Even if that bluetooth adapter is 2.0 ? As in, 13 years old at this point? Because that's what the OP has if it's limited to 3Mbps.

I've yet to find anyone on google that says they had success with BT2.0 and that controller, but quite a few saying that it doesn't work can be found on the other hand.

18 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Even if that bluetooth adapter is 2.0 ? As in, 13 years old at this point? Because that's what the OP has if it's limited to 3Mbps.

I've yet to find anyone on google that says they had success with BT2.0 and that controller, but quite a few saying that it doesn't work can be found on the other hand.

Ohhh, didn't really look into what they chose, honestly i expoected them to have chose something newer. Guess that's what I get for expecting people to be modern. :(

No, it has to be at least BT4.0 to work as well. See this is why I'm a wired guy. Don't ever have to worry about this shit unless it's my phone.

Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus, 32GB Cosair Vengenace LP 3600mhz, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra,  Sabrent Rocket 4 1TB NVME SSD, WD Blue SN570 NVME SSD, 4TB Mass storage, EVGA 750W G2, Corsair 270R

• 1 year later...
On 8/9/2017 at 1:33 PM, Ophidio said:

Okay, to make this simple since people on here don't seem to know anything about console stuff.... How sad.... You guys really let the pcmasterrace thing go to your head way to much.

Any Bluetooth adapter will work on your system with an Xbox One Controller as long as it's the newest model of Xbone controller and you are using the last Win 10 update. OR You have the option of buying the wireless adapter from Microsoft that they provide which I would recommend because the Bluetooth thing doesn't work well IMO. Other people may think different but having the Xbone controller connected through USB (I'm a wired elitist so this is always my preferred option) or the Microsoft Wireless device are the best options until they work out their Bluetooth issues. 

sorry to bump this thread so late, I have an old XBOX ONE controller, it will only work wireless throught teh official MS dfongle? no other alternative for a wireless connection? thanxs! 

Lian Li TU150x - ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax - Ryzen 9 3900x - Be Quiet Dark Pro 4 - Asrock RX6800 Ref. Design - Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 32GB - Patriot Burst SATA 240GB - AORUS NVMe Gen4 2TB - PNY CS3030 NVMe Gen3 2TB - Corsair SF750 - Redragon Vishnu K596 - Logitech G604 - Samsung UJ590 32" - Huion GT 221 Pro - Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 - Yamaha HS5

5 hours ago, Laureano said:

sorry to bump this thread so late, I have an old XBOX ONE controller, it will only work wireless throught teh official MS dfongle? no other alternative for a wireless connection? thanxs! 

The easiest way to check is to look at the controller, at the Xbox logo. Is it glossy or matte plastic around that logo?

Glossy: it will only work with the Microsoft dongle (wirelessly)
Matte: it has bluetooth (as well as it can work with the dongle.

A different way to check is to take out the batteries/battery pack and check the model number.
1708 is the bluetooth compatible controller.
These controllers first came out around 2 or 3 years old I believe.

Also, feel free to start your own thread in cases like this. Bumping a thread is usually not appreciated by the staff here + your chances of getting an answer is much higher with a new thread.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

• 2 months later...

i tried with BT 2.0 it didn't connect. It showed up on BT but askes for a random PIN. So i researched and found it only works with 4.0 BT. not sure about 3.0

• 8 months later...

BT 2.1 is the minimum requirement for the One S pad to pair as it introduces SSP support

• 1 month later...

I know this is old but wanted to add.   The dongle allows up to 10 controllers to work and also the headset Jack on the controller.   Bluetooth they recommend just one controller.   Playing solo on your PC and already have or don't need a headset, Bluetooth is fine.    Want to connect a second controller to PC?   Maybe go work MS dongle.