Lian Li want yr feedback of a new prototype aluminium case - the PC-A51

snowComet

I like how they placed the psu to allow for an atx mobo in a matx sized case.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

nice and compact at least. for atx i mean

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

Front and top looks good but the window looks out of place and the red is a bit silly

Front mounted power supply is interesting

Could they not afford RAM?

its a mock up of a system. Stop nitpicking and look at the case and how it accommodates the parts, not just the bloody asthetics.

I find the hard drive mounts interesting, although I am concerned about air intake.

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

I think it looks awesome. But they could have definitely chosen a different colored motherboard to show it off with

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Not really all that amazing...

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

I would just make the side panels go all the way to the top (you don't have to change the window size). It's just a weird cut-off point. Doesn't look right.

• 5 weeks later...

Sorry for replying this old topic. Lian Li posted an update of this case a few days ago. They modified the case according to some of the suggestions. They have listed out the changes they have implemented.

1) Adding an all black window version, with the red and black window version being limited edition. (There will also be silver and black non-window versions)

2) A more user friendly and convenient top radiator mount with filter, that also sits flush on the top of the case.

3) Reinforced HDD bays

4) Bottom 120mm and 140mm fan mount for additional cooling options

5) Rear intake and bottom ventational filters added

6) Stealth bay added for the front 5.25″ bay

7) SSD mount behind the motherboard tray

8) Added versatile HDD mounting system

9) Front placed USB and HD audio connections for easy connectivity.

a51-000.jpg

a51-002-1.jpg

a51-052.jpg

a51-0471.jpg

a51-010.jpg

a51-0491.jpg

a51-056.jpg

a51-055.jpg

a51-046.jpg

a51-045.jpg

a51-054.jpg

a51-053.jpg

a51-006.jpg

a51-005.jpg

So what did u guys think of this update?

http://www.lian-li.com/lianliblog/pc-a51-updated/

Thanks for the photo. Now if the color wasn't exactly red(or it comes in other colors?) then it could be a great little mATX case. Loving how much space is back there!

It's full size atx they cut height down by putting the psu in the from which I really like and think it looks good and efficiently laid out I wish more cases did this so they weren't so tall.

nice small full atx case !!!

but how will be able to fit long GPUs ??

the hard drive cages seem non removable

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

nice small full atx case !!!

but how will be able to fit long GPUs ??

the hard drive cages seem non removable

The hard drive cages are removeable.

"8) Added versatile HDD mounting system"

In one picture there were 2 Cages removed.

Would want the window flush with the side panel. As it is, it looks like an amateur slapped it on the side and screwed it to the case.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

Looks really nice, beautiful I might say. But that tj-07 style window will split opinions for sure

edit: ooh the storage mounting options...

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum