HP annonces a new sleek and impressive looking P.O.S system with matching accessories.

GoodBytes
1 hour ago, hey_yo_ said:

Those specs in bold are way too much of an overkill for a POS system. If a I'm a small business owner, I'd stick to iPads with Square POS system and an AirPrint compatible printer for receipts. 

Also, iPads are easier to use and easier to lock down (guided access) unlike that HP machine. Also one more thing if I was as a small business owner, I don't have to worry about malware especially ransomware with iPads as POS systems. 

It's windows 10 based. You can now run your businesses server off of one of your point of sale machines.

9 minutes ago, potoooooooo said:

It's windows 10 based. You can now run your businesses server off of one of your point of sale machines.

Also the viewers for an IMS and planogram system to sync between your locations if you open a second locale, a lot of which don't have iPad apps because that would just be dumb :|

The number of non-personal small businesses I see with iPad POSs is pretty limited because most business owners realize that if they're going to get a POS and then a seperate Windows/Citrix machine anyways, they might as well just get a Windows POS and use that for everything.

Too littke too late. Plenty of new startups have created appealimg point of sames systems that look much sleeker and are android based. 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

2 hours ago, smartroad said:

I miss read the title as POS as Piece of Sh*t rather than Point Of Sale LOL

me too :-)

Local stores still use registers dating back to the days of DOS and Windows 3.1.......as well as scanners and receipt printers from the same era.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

i read that as piece of shit and not point of sale.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

The POS is a POS where I work. You need to touch it very hard, and its slightly off touch calibration.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Where I work definitely needs this our tills still run XP Embedded and run a proprietary (ancient) till system that is purely used because it would be expensive to replace it with something more modern. 

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15